So Has Rick Ross Officially Replaced Young Jeezy?

No black man in the history of wholesale trafficking has ever got a door opener for 17.5

However I always thought the clipse on some my manager sold coke so i was around it so im gonna rap about it.

Clipse is mafioso dope rap. Something I don't believe. Even if they sold they were never sosa.
Jeezy is trap dope rap. Something I can believe. Minus that 17.5 %%@

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by Donny Walker Blaq

Originally Posted by 2o6

jeezy and the clipse is apples n oranges....
even tho clipse only rap about coke , clipse i put under "fly lifestyle/ punchline rap with cult followings" with the likes of cam'ron.
you see this in the fans they have........ no suprise most clipse fans are sneaker heads and most jeezy fans rock fusions with footlocker polo.
its to different sub category's

I'll concede to that 2o6 but your explaination is the reason why I say clipse was a pg-13 version.

You hit that on the head with those fusions tho
laugh.gif
 One of my boys who bout that life got those grifey/AM95 fusion and they are
sick.gif
 in a bad way. All the trapstar are rocking griffeys in dade

"I got a punchline for ya. You ain't saying $#!*, I wanna see my lawyer" -Fat jeezy..... I swear he the best to do it 

im in florida, footlocker polo's is a way of life 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Used to murk them footlocker polos kept the sticker on em and erething 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nostalgia 
frown.gif

^^^son did u see A.J green in training camp? they gon kill you in da sports forum if julio dont BALL 
laugh.gif

AJ= 
sick.gif

Realtalk the clipse try too hard dont nobody ride round bangin no clipse they come off as lames... jeezy was more thoro wit it and if u from dose parts u related to trap or die 1 off rip

Totally forgot that Khaled is an exec at Def Jam. now the whole issue with Jeezy not dropping makes a LOT more sense.

Jeezy woulda been dropped if Shakir was still alive, God bless his soul.

Jeezy might be the greatest crack rapper of our generation though. Just like our older cousins had OB4CL, we had TM 101. Not comparing those albums, just saying as far as the sub-genre goes. Clipse to me never came off as serious trappers at least not like Jeezy. Ross definitely not. Not discrediting the ability of either Clipse or Ross, but Jeezy had actual charisma where you felt his conviction and that goes beyond lyrical ability or putting words together well. Like he had street edge. That was always his greatest strength to me.
Clipse can rhyme and the Neptunes beats were sick, but you never got that street edge or that feeling of impending danger. HHNF is probably a classic, but they've always shown more of the good life of trapping to me, especially Pusha. Ross, it took him 4 albums to really find his artistic voice with Deeper Than Rap solidifying his place, then he got better. Jeezy came out the gate with it.

Just sucked to see that Jeezy had a verse on both Jay and Drake's last albums and nothing came of it.

^^^I feel what you are saying about Jeezy having the street edge and stuff. His trap rap is a lot different than Ross cause he actually did it
and you kinda felt every detail just from how he said it. Plus, Jeezy was actually kickin it with BMF. Ross just made a song about BMF, and
everybody hopped on board.

Far as I know from people, Bu is A&R at Def Jam South and Khaled is president. Met him once there, he was a cool cat

as far as that goes, Khaled is Ross' mans so that may explain a lot. The fact that an artist who went plat on all three records and is managed by the top management company in the game right now and can't even get a release date definitely doesnt seem like it has anything to with business, IMO.

Then to combine that with LA Reid leaving and Weiss needing time to check out the culture over there and the recent layoffs last week...we'll see what's what, but as far as I know, Cy-Hi isnt worth more than the price of his outfits. Dude is horrible and they'll regret that.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Totally forgot that Khaled is an exec at Def Jam. now the whole issue with Jeezy not dropping makes a LOT more sense.

(DJ Khaled feat. Usher, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, & Drake)

"Put Your Hands Up"

(DJ Khaled feat. Young Jeezy, Plies, Rick Ross, & Schife)

who paid for "all white" "ballin" and "lose my mind' video? 
nerd.gif

are we to assume Def Jam likes spending money without getting a R.O.I?

had "ballin" become a top 40 hit (as do most singles with wayne) and stayed there 6-7

weeks he'd be dropping by october

for what its worth , this is his best single

pimp.gif

Far as I know from people, Bu is A&R at Def Jam South and Khaled is president. Met him once there, he was a cool cat

as far as that goes, Khaled is Ross' mans so that may explain a lot. The fact that an artist who went plat on all three records and is managed by the top management company in the game right now and can't even get a release date definitely doesnt seem like it has anything to with business, IMO.

Then to combine that with LA Reid leaving and Weiss needing time to check out the culture over there and the recent layoffs last week...we'll see what's what, but as far as I know, Cy-Hi isnt worth more than the price of his outfits. Dude is horrible and they'll regret that.
son khaled force fed dudes "ballin" here in miami.
i only heard that song on 99 jamz  AT 6PM  during the DJ khaled take over

nobody else touched that record.

That's what i'm saying.

when Jeezy had Shakir A&Ring, his singles were straight hits. Khaled is more familiar with Ross sound and A&Rd Teflon Don.

Remember an intv where Jeezy was saying how he hated "Go Getta" till he performed it at a show and it got a monster reaction then Shakir was like "I told you, we got a smash". And of course the way he passed probably had a huge effect on Jeezy artistically.

Of course Khaled would force feed Jeezy's singles, that's what they do when nothing sticks and they're trying to make ##* work.

and if Ross really did re-up for 5 mil with LA Reid, is that really a ROI for an artist who's only gone gold on 4 albums? (depending on the structure of the deal and how many albums it was)

Originally Posted by 2o6

(DJ Khaled feat. Usher, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, & Drake)

"Put Your Hands Up"

(DJ Khaled feat. Young Jeezy, Plies, Rick Ross, & Schife)

who paid for "all white" "ballin" and "lose my mind' video?�
nerd.gif

are we to assume Def Jam �likes spending money without getting a R.O.I?

had "ballin" become a top 40 hit (as do most singles with wayne) and stayed there 6-7

weeks he'd be dropping by october

for what its worth , this is his best single

pimp.gif

"Shake Life" is nice, but it feels more like the 3rd or 4th single that should be dropped after your other major singles start to fade out (like "My Hood" or "Dreamin").
And "Ballin" was definitely a forcefed single like dude said. Seemed like a desperate move to get a Lex Luger-sounding beat and a standard generic Lil' Wayne
feature, instead of something naturally catching on.   

That's what i'm saying.

when Jeezy had Shakir A&Ring, his singles were straight hits. Khaled is more familiar with Ross sound and A&Rd Teflon Don.

Remember an intv where Jeezy was saying how he hated "Go Getta" till he performed it at a show and it got a monster reaction then Shakir was like "I told you, we got a smash". And of course the way he passed probably had a huge effect on Jeezy artistically.

Of course Khaled would force feed Jeezy's singles, that's what they do when nothing sticks and they're trying to make ##* work.

and if Ross really did re-up for 5 mil with LA Reid, is that really a ROI for an artist who's only gone gold on 4 albums? (depending on the structure of the deal and how many albums it was)
The way he died and the alleged reasons too. You prob know what im talking about 
But you saying a lot of the same things I been telling these dudes in a lot of threads Im glad somebody who was actually around there sees what I see

I was actually at Def Jam in marketing directly under Jeezy's project manager and her assistant around the time all that happened. He was a cool guy, but that just took the label by storm. he definitely brought morale to the label and knew how to get the most out of the artists he worked with. If i remember correct too, he also A&R'd Nas album untitled.

So...yeah.

I thought he has a release date

Originally Posted by cartune

No black man in the history of wholesale trafficking has ever got a door opener for 17.5

However I always thought the clipse on some my manager sold coke so i was around it so im gonna rap about it.

Are you saying that's too cheap. Cuz I know in south Texas we were wondering what he was bragging about. up until a couple of years ago I've seen as low as 12.5

Originally Posted by ponson02

Are you saying that's too cheap. Cuz I know in south Texas we were wondering what he was bragging about. up until a couple of years ago I've seen as low as 12.5

Mexico numbers different bout time it get past CC %+$% damn near double

Mexico numbers different bout time it get past CC %+$% damn near double
Cartune I mess with you... You know whats good too. 12.5 is unrealistic especially now.

If a dude says he got it for 12.5 he's prolly gonna murk you and take the cash

Ponson it's all  good but "you bet not ever mention the "C" word" in this thread. 

alien.gif

12.5?
You a got damn liar.

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

alien.gif

12.5?
You a got damn liar.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

alien.gif

12.5?
You a got damn liar.

seems crazy dont it ? considering them +%#@+ going for 26 now

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

In what world is Jeezy a better coke rapper than Clipse?

I'll say this, Jeezy is far more entertaining than Clipse EVER was. With the Clipse it felt forced. They forced that coke or "trap" rap over Neptunes beats. With Jeezy whether it was authentic or not it sure felt like it. And Thug Motivation will shut a club DOWN. The whole album. While the Clipse were better rappers this dude Jeezy is responsible for that "Trap rap" and made it better than anyone who attempted it. 

Back
Top Bottom