SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

another thing about those bills is they tell you after the fact. credit card swiped n all. Not many places show those before getting seated. Those "gratuity X% of 6 or more in a party" I've see before but "Honest to goodness" tax? FOH.

Maybe old news but this is the first time I’ve seen it.

IMG_3398.jpeg

Yea i dont tip unless im sitting down.

Unfortunately damn near every spot i go to in Atl has auto gratuity added to the check now smh.

I work for tips and the only time I tip is delivery (rarely get) sitting down to eat, and my barber. Dont do it for pickup

And what is it set @ ? 20%

Where I’m at in CA the locals restaurants have their auto options as 20% 22% 25%. I’m tired of it all. I select other 0%.

I used to be a really good tipper. I’m just done. Service charges on everything and tip lines for everything. No thank you. Unless I’m sitting, it’s 0. Why should I tip them for me picking up my food and them getting $15-$20/hr+ just to put it in a bag. Half the time they’re not even putting in the bag themselves. And half the time they **** my order up and you don’t find out till after you gave them a tip. They can stand over my shoulder and watch me write 0.

This coming from a person who spent 14 years of my life working for tips in restaurants.

/end rant

Last edited:
Yea i dont tip unless im sitting down.

Unfortunately damn near every spot i go to in Atl has auto gratuity added to the check now smh.

20% on top of that. Atl food scene is a disgrace. Overpriced for the same Lamb Chops, Shrimp and Grits, chicken and waffles with green grass backdrops.

Last edited:
I honestly just stopped.

Only way I tip is if it's a restaurant I sit down at, or delivery. Everything else is a firm no.
My wife spent a long time working as a server, so I get why tipping is important.

That said, I tip for services provided beyond the ordinary. Dining out qualifies, imo. Delivery qualifies, imo. Nothing else qualifies. I do tip my barber, but only cuz I want to keep that relationship positive. I don't tip for pick up. I don't tip my garbage/mail man. It's possible I would operate differently if money wasn't as tight. But meh.

My wife spent a long time working as a server, so I get why tipping is important.

That said, I tip for services provided beyond the ordinary. Dining out qualifies, imo. Delivery qualifies, imo. Nothing else qualifies. I do tip my barber, but only cuz I want to keep that relationship positive. I don't tip for pick up. I don't tip my garbage/mail man. It's possible I would operate differently if money wasn't as tight. But meh.

COVID created this excessive tipping culture that needs to be stopped.

Service at a restaurant with a waiter or waitress makes sense, Delivery makes sense, and so does ride sharing. The buck ends there for me. I used to tip my barber but a temp fade is $50 now, they don't get tipped anymore either.

I don't "tip," but every year, I give a gift to my USPS carrier and my regular FedEx/UPS drivers. It's usually a gift card worth $100.

It may not seem like a lot, but I've never lost a package, and they'll wait until they know I'm around before they drop **** off.

I don't "tip," but every year, I give a gift to my USPS carrier and my regular FedEx/UPS drivers. It's usually a gift card worth $100.

It may not seem like a lot, but I've never lost a package, and they'll wait until they know I'm around before they drop **** off.
why though? it's not even the same person every day. FedEx can eat a whole ***, they don't even drop my package in front of the right building, and then take a pic in front of the wrong address and upload it knowing damn well it ain't right but they wanted to get on with their life apparently rather than just calling the phone number if they were having problems, reading the attached delivery instructions, or an extra second of thinking and noticing oh hey there's more units downstairs, it must be one of them.

I’ve had the same regular Fed ex courier since I was in high school :lol:
UPS guy has been around almost as long.

My FedEx guy will drive to my parent’s house around the corner if I’m not there to drop things off. They go above and beyond for me.

It’s really the least I could do.

Back
Top Bottom