Spanking Children? Right or Wrong?

Ok so by that definition if your a smaller man you wouldn’t see the problem?

It’s not the size it’s the act of violence that’s the problem.

Of course a bigger stronger man would inflict more physical harm but that’s not really the point.

I wasn’t necessarily saying that. I was speaking on Amari’s arrest.

I believe there’s a way to physically discipline your kid WITHOUT being abusive or extremely physically violent.

Remember that mom who made her Kid do the fortnight dance? That was good IMO. Minus the recording part but I bet lil dude learned his lesson :lol: :lol:

I believe there’s a way to physically discipline your kid WITHOUT being abusive or extremely physically violent.

Can you Explain that way?

Is it the same for boys and girls? What does it look like?

Does it stop at a certain age?

Legit asking.

Can you Explain that way?

Is it the same for boys and girls? What does it look like?

Does it stop at a certain age?

Legit asking.

Make them go outside and do some hard labor… :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make them wash a sink full of dishes even if they’re clean. Take all their digital devices away. Make them write a story for 2 hours straight….

Give Jr. a shovel and make him dig the same hole for 2 hours and fill it back in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make them sort laundry, :lol:.

Make them wash every car in the family fleet. There are tons of ways to prove a point to kids without embarrassment. That’s where a lot of parents fall short

Kids barely want to take out the trash or do simple chores these days. I’ve witnessed it

This is one of those topics my opinion has changed on as I’ve gotten older. I don’t really see that kind of discipline as necessary anymore. Gotta be a better way
Take away privileges. I wasn’t really a troublesome kid but my mom’s punishment was always not letting me outside, not allowing my favorite tv shows, taking away toys, … Basically suspending access to whatever I enjoyed most at the time.
Whereas my dad would do abusive punishment, things like hitting me or in more extreme cases grabbing a shotgun, putting some shells next to me and threaten to shoot my cat if I didn’t immediately comply.

You learn nothing from fear of violence, and it’s generally the easy way out. Think about it, which kid would rather lose their toys, phone, gaming console, tv, … for an extended period of time than a quick beating?

A lot of this also has to do with the unrealistic expectations of living inside / in modern civilization.

I think kids are still prewired for our more natural life in the wilderness life. Trying to make a kid sit in a chair for hours on end is simply just tough.

I like in some other countries where they have this concept of nature school. Throw the kids out in the wilderness for a while.

My take:
Smacking a kid in the moment for a safety issue is all good
Premeditated stuff not good
Other ways to handle it

There's a big difference between discipline and abuse. Many "parents" don't the difference, that is the problem.

Read thread.

Thoughts?

I think everyone agrees with RECORDING the cutting is flat out wrong.

There's not a one fit all solution to discipline. I'm the oldest of 4 (3 boys/1 girl). My parents could simply tell my sis, they were disappointed and she would straighten up, with probably happened once per parent. My brothers and I on the other hand pushed our limits and got everything from whooping to beatings! Grades kept me in trouble.

The thought of the pen, will keep some people from taking Penitentiary chances! I've spent the night in jail, that was one night too many. My cousin on the other hand, aint scared of prison. In and out like its sleep away camp.

My family moved to a white neighborhood, I began to have white friends stopping by to see if I wanted to hoop. I remember my mom saying "Don't caught up with those white kids, the police will call their parents, they will take you to jail". One of their older brothers was into cocaine. Another younger black friend (middle school at the time) didn't know this, was riding with them, they got pulled over and the cops found the cocaine.
Cops took the black kid and the older brother to jail and the rest were taken home.

My sis takes videos games from my nephew and seems to keep him straight. My other nephew seems to get beat once a week. He doest care about video games. He's still young so she's still trying to figure him out.

Last edited:
Read thread.

Thoughts?

My moms trimmed my hair in 7th grade because my grades slipped. To this day, I get mad and pissed off thinking about it. It’s just something I can’t get over.

I felt like she was out of line. I think it was bad progress/interim report. I always had good grades, good behavior. But she truly made me vexed when she did that

:lol:

I was 13 when she did it. 35 now. It was over 20 years ago but man, smh. We use to have competitions in school to see who’s hair grows longer too, smh. Lost my crown literally.

Make them go outside and do some hard labor… :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make them wash a sink full of dishes even if they’re clean. Take all their digital devices away. Make them write a story for 2 hours straight….

Give Jr. a shovel and make him dig the same hole for 2 hours and fill it back in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make them sort laundry, :lol:.

Make them wash every car in the family fleet. There are tons of ways to prove a point to kids without embarrassment. That’s where a lot of parents fall short

Kids barely want to take out the trash or do simple chores these days. I’ve witnessed it

so what do you do if they simply won’t / don’t do the punishment you’re requiring of them?

so what do you do if they simply won’t / don’t do the punishment you’re requiring of them?

Imagine letting a 5-12 year old kid, tell you “no” to something like washing dishes, cutting the grass, doing homework, basic household chores, etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: that means you never established any ground rules as a parent in the first place. If I ever told the person who provided a roof over my head, food, clothes, comfort, etc “no” I’m getting punched in my chest.

Being a disciplinarian and being abusive are two completely different things.

If your child doesn’t respect you enough do what they’re told. You already lost as a parent. My dad use to say either you’re coming to work, or you’re not going to just sit in my house and sleep all day. Either I’d be kicked out, or have to work.

Don’t give them a choice. My mother use to force me to wash her car as a kid. There was no room for “I’m not doing it”. My mom ruled with an iron fist. I was spoiled rotten too. Got all the latest shoes, electronics, video games, clothes, cable television. Had my own cellphone, etc. she didn’t tolerate bad grades or disrespect. But she established it when I was YOUNG.

Again, parents be rewarding kids for bad behavior out here. That’s the problem

Last edited:
Read thread.

Thoughts?

That whole “be a leader, not a follower” mentality is dead and gone. The only leaders are content creators. It’s ironic he’s bringing this mentality to a platform that quantifies how much of a leader you are.

I definitely think its time to discuss the line between discipline and abuse. It also, shouldn’t be the first thing a parent goes to.

Back
Top Bottom