Spanking Children? Right or Wrong?

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican as a teacher, what is your stance on parents hitting their kids as a punishment/teaching “tool”?

I think it's a dangerous line to cross because that kid might grow up thinking using violence is a way to solve issues.

But I understand it can be frustrating a hell dealing with kids not doing what you want them to do.

But I'm not telling anyone how to discipline their kids.

Maybe a little spank here and there for a little child but as they get older and they are able to communicate their wants/needs, I think you shouldn't whoop them anymore.

I don’t see anything wrong with disciplining your kids. Discipline and ABUSING them are different.

Amari is 6’10” 230+ pounds….. to big to be hitting his daughter. A mans natural strength is just too much.

No toddler should be getting beat and battered.

If you have a kid that’s out there bullying and physically hurting other kids, they a*** need to be whooped

Beatings only teach your children violence is the solution to all of their problems.

By beating you mean abuse?

I think there's a distinction to be made between being disciplined and receiving beatings.

No kids should be getting beat down by adults.

But I think there's value in being checked that one time as a kid though when you cross a line. Especially for boys.

By beating you mean abuse?

I think there's a distinction to be made between being disciplined and receiving beatings.

No kids should be getting beat down by adults.

But I think there's value in being checked that one time as a kid though when you cross a line. Especially for boys.

There is no consensus distinction though. That is why so many people cross that non-existent line.

Sure, we know what an EXTREME case of abuse is but who has the right to say what discipline vs. beating is?

Amari is 6’10” 230+ pounds….. too big to be hitting his daughter. A mans natural strength is just too much.

Not coming at you I’m just confused…

Are you saying it be ok if he was 5’6 140lbs?

I’m not gonna tell anyone how to parent but I just don’t understand how physical violence helps with raising a person.

Not coming at you I’m just confused…

Are you saying it be ok if he was 5’6 140lbs?

I’m not gonna tell anyone how to parent but I just don’t understand how physical violence helps with raising a person.

…. Where the f*** did you gather “he should be smaller in order to hit his kid?” You sound stupid. I clearly said he’s to big to be hitting his daughter? Comprehension.

Kids out here having brawls in schools, kids hit their parents all the time, you’ve got boys AND girls who hit/intimidate their parents.

Look at the kid who shot his mom in Milwaukee. Nobody is saying you need physical violence. But we DO live in a violent society.

What’s y’all’s opinion on the “bullying” culture that’s going on? My family was always taught if one fights, y’all all need to jump in and fight.

I’ve seen kids literally bully and get physical with other kids and not in a playful way. Kids need discipline. Not sure of what kind works for everyone but….

What should be done in you all’s opinion?

Kids who bully other kids (which is common) need their behinds knocked out. That’s my opinion.

…. Where the f*** did you gather “he should be smaller in order to hit his kid?” You sound stupid. I clearly said he’s to big to be hitting his daughter? Comprehension.

Kids out here having brawls in schools, kids hit their parents all the time, you’ve got boys AND girls who hit/intimidate their parents.

Look at the kid who shot his mom in Milwaukee. Nobody is saying you need physical violence. But we DO live in a violent society.

Didn’t I say I wasn’t coming at you?

But ok.

What does his size have to do with anything?

You clearly think it plays a factor.

Didn’t I say I wasn’t coming at you?

But ok.

What does his size have to do with anything?

You clearly think it plays a factor.

A man of that SIZE hitting a child, adolescent, teenager, etc is not good. That’s the point I’m trying to make.

Imagine a guy that’s 6’10” hitting a diminutive child (not sure how old Amari’s kid is) but just the visual of it is scary.

A man of that SIZE hitting a child, adolescent, teenager, etc is not good. That’s the point I’m trying to make.

Imagine a guy that’s 6’10” hitting a diminutive child (not sure how old Amari’s kid is) but just the visual of it is scary.

Ok so by that definition if your a smaller man you wouldn’t see the problem?

It’s not the size it’s the act of violence that’s the problem.

Of course a bigger stronger man would inflict more physical harm but that’s not really the point.

What’s y’all’s opinion on the “bullying” culture that’s going on? My family was always taught if one fights, y’all all need to jump in and fight.

I’ve seen kids literally bully and get physical with other kids and not in a playful way. Kids need discipline. Not sure of what kind works for everyone but….

What should be done in you all’s opinion?

Kids who bully other kids (which is common) need their behinds knocked out. That’s my opinion.

In an IDEAL world, other kids would stand up for those kids that are getting bullied. I wish all kid ecosystems operated like that, so I can say that I'm cool with peer-to-peer (physical) consequences for bullying.

If we are being honest, there is only but so much a school (teachers/administrators) can do to stop bullying. I know parents want the school to handle it but there are just WAY too many instances in which kids are just dealing with eachother with little to no adult supervision around.

Teachers/admin can have convos with the kids, try to teach them empathy, bring in the parents for restorative meetings but the kids have to make the decision to stop messing with other kids.

Bullying will always exist, there is no way to sugercoat that reality.

Back
Top Bottom