Spanking Children? Right or Wrong?

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

My daughter just turned one and I don't believe in spanking or yelling. I often get compliments at stores or kids birthday parties about how well behaved she is
Pretty much what happened with my sis and I as children.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

My daughter just turned one and I don't believe in spanking or yelling. I often get compliments at stores or kids birthday parties about how well behaved she is
Pretty much what happened with my sis and I as children.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

My oldest is under two and I use spanking as kind of a "hard reset".  It inflicts little or no pain - she's wearing a diaper and she takes much harder spills in the course of normal play - but it reestablishes the power relationship.  More than anything it gives her pause when she's grossly misbehaving and we use that moment to segue into discussing exactly what she did, why it was wrong, the consequences to herself or others of what she was trying to do, and we end with a sincere reaffirmation of love and caring.  Like I said, she's not even two yet so I'm not pretending she sits an contemplates what we talk about but I'm trying to establish a pattern so things can sink in as she grows and has a better idea of her surroundings and her relationships with other people. 

And FYI, it's never been more than one gentle swat on her well-padded butt.  I'm not pulling out extension cords like I may have (ahem) "seen" happen when I was a child. 
thread/

Liking what you had to say.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

My oldest is under two and I use spanking as kind of a "hard reset".  It inflicts little or no pain - she's wearing a diaper and she takes much harder spills in the course of normal play - but it reestablishes the power relationship.  More than anything it gives her pause when she's grossly misbehaving and we use that moment to segue into discussing exactly what she did, why it was wrong, the consequences to herself or others of what she was trying to do, and we end with a sincere reaffirmation of love and caring.  Like I said, she's not even two yet so I'm not pretending she sits an contemplates what we talk about but I'm trying to establish a pattern so things can sink in as she grows and has a better idea of her surroundings and her relationships with other people. 

And FYI, it's never been more than one gentle swat on her well-padded butt.  I'm not pulling out extension cords like I may have (ahem) "seen" happen when I was a child. 
thread/

Liking what you had to say.

Oh yeah I pinch my 3 year old nephew cuz you can't reason with babies/toddlers and some times they don't learn until they feel.

I can't say how much I condemn punching and kicking your kids. That shh always excessive and uncalled for to me. Also, if your parents are finding creative way to harm you greatly and keep it hidden there's a problem with them.

Oh yeah I pinch my 3 year old nephew cuz you can't reason with babies/toddlers and some times they don't learn until they feel.

I can't say how much I condemn punching and kicking your kids. That shh always excessive and uncalled for to me. Also, if your parents are finding creative way to harm you greatly and keep it hidden there's a problem with them.

nah my parents spanked us and they stopped at a point because they saw it was wrong

But if they really need it then maybe...

nah my parents spanked us and they stopped at a point because they saw it was wrong

But if they really need it then maybe...

It all depends. I was a smartass growing up so just telling me something wasnt gonna cut it. Some people need to see and feel the ramifications of their actions before they learn from them.

It all depends. I was a smartass growing up so just telling me something wasnt gonna cut it. Some people need to see and feel the ramifications of their actions before they learn from them.

It's definitely not necessary and can be avoided. The things I caught a whipping for though I never did again. I think the explanation for why you hit them after you do is the most

important part. Otherwise its like you just got beat up for no reason and you get angry. I think thats where the trauma sets in, with the senseless beatings not the ones for a reason.

It's definitely not necessary and can be avoided. The things I caught a whipping for though I never did again. I think the explanation for why you hit them after you do is the most

important part. Otherwise its like you just got beat up for no reason and you get angry. I think thats where the trauma sets in, with the senseless beatings not the ones for a reason.

You see the way kids are acting nowadays? Damn straight when i have kids theyre gonna get it if they misbehave.

You see the way kids are acting nowadays? Damn straight when i have kids theyre gonna get it if they misbehave.

gucci face to some of these replies you SINGLE dudes are stupid with the things you think you "KNOW"

Back
Top Bottom