Spanking Children? Right or Wrong?

gucci face to some of these replies you SINGLE dudes are stupid with the things you think you "KNOW"

My oldest gets his hand slapped if he gets really out of line, but I always explain what is wrong in what he did. Some kids just don't listen. Oh, I can act a fool and all I get is hard words? yea, thats gonna stop me. He turns 4 in june and my youngest is 1.

My oldest gets his hand slapped if he gets really out of line, but I always explain what is wrong in what he did. Some kids just don't listen. Oh, I can act a fool and all I get is hard words? yea, thats gonna stop me. He turns 4 in june and my youngest is 1.

i got three kids , 13, 12, 6

i don't hit them and neither does my wife. my kids are respectful, responsible and excellent students . i have a relationship with my kids where they fear disappointing me more than they fear me beating them. now i know this dont work for everyone but i grew up getting my @!% whooped and i was determined to prove that you can raise your kids and have them respect you without going to that extreme.

i talk to my kids all the time, i teach them and i show concern with their lives. you'd be surprised at the power of honesty and communication . sometimes i understand there comes a time where you have to go to that extreme to get your point across but if you had communication from day one you'd be surprised at the result . wish all you guys luck with your families ........

A child should not be spanked out of anger towards them, but the activity that they engaged in.  Only if it is out of love for the child is it acceptable.  It must also be followed by an explanation of why it happened along with reassurance from the parent that they still love their child.

i don't hit them and neither does my wife. my kids are respectful, responsible and excellent students . i have a relationship with my kids where they fear disappointing me more than they fear me beating them. now i know this dont work for everyone but i grew up getting my @!% whooped and i was determined to prove that you can raise your kids and have them respect you without going to that extreme.

i talk to my kids all the time, i teach them and i show concern with their lives. you'd be surprised at the power of honesty and communication . sometimes i understand there comes a time where you have to go to that extreme to get your point across but if you had communication from day one you'd be surprised at the result . wish all you guys luck with your families ........

A child should not be spanked out of anger towards them, but the activity that they engaged in.  Only if it is out of love for the child is it acceptable.  It must also be followed by an explanation of why it happened along with reassurance from the parent that they still love their child.

Originally Posted by onewearz

I commend you, it's the right thing in my opinion.

Originally Posted by lyricist343

I believe only outside of america it is still deemed a form of discipline.
I agree with this. I don't want to make it sound like America>all but yeah America>all. In my mother's case all she knew was physical punishment until she moved to America. In Nigeria when I was in preschool they'd hit you with rulers if you get an answer wrong or do something bad.
As a NTer put it finding that "grey area." Maybe we can elaborate on what that grey area is.
I think it's better to instill the reasons of why said act is wrong. Kids will then able to figure out what is wrong/right for themselves.
Imo the kid will be thinking "this is wrong because I am hurting someone/etc" instead of "this is wrong because I will get hit if I'm caught." It kind of instills that selfishness that you see in society today. Such as that video a NTer posted of someone guy leaving an old man in burning building even though he went back to get his bag.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

35jht7c.jpg

Originally Posted by lyricist343

I believe only outside of america it is still deemed a form of discipline.
I agree with this. I don't want to make it sound like America>all but yeah America>all. In my mother's case all she knew was physical punishment until she moved to America. In Nigeria when I was in preschool they'd hit you with rulers if you get an answer wrong or do something bad.
As a NTer put it finding that "grey area." Maybe we can elaborate on what that grey area is.
I think it's better to instill the reasons of why said act is wrong. Kids will then able to figure out what is wrong/right for themselves.
Imo the kid will be thinking "this is wrong because I am hurting someone/etc" instead of "this is wrong because I will get hit if I'm caught." It kind of instills that selfishness that you see in society today. Such as that video a NTer posted of someone guy leaving an old man in burning building even though he went back to get his bag.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

35jht7c.jpg

It's not right or wrong.
It's all in how the parent(s) choose to handle things.

It's not right or wrong.
It's all in how the parent(s) choose to handle things.

i was hit as a young child, and i thank my father for doing so. now hes my best friend but at the time it was rough. As long as the parents explain to the kid why they were hit its perfectly fine.

i was hit as a young child, and i thank my father for doing so. now hes my best friend but at the time it was rough. As long as the parents explain to the kid why they were hit its perfectly fine.

Its right. Spanking, getting slapped, etc is a huge thing in Africa and the difference in behavior between African kids and American kids is quite noticeable. I feel as this is partly due to the fact that Africans spank their kids as discipline.

Its right. Spanking, getting slapped, etc is a huge thing in Africa and the difference in behavior between African kids and American kids is quite noticeable. I feel as this is partly due to the fact that Africans spank their kids as discipline.

JordanHead718212 wrote:

I agree 100% my moms from Nigeria and I definitely turned out better than most of my friends from my neighborhood

Back
Top Bottom