Spanking Children? Right or Wrong?

i think i can yell enough to make a clear message when i have kids, but if i need to spank, then i'm sure they will think twice before doing whatever they did to get them in trouble.

i think i can yell enough to make a clear message when i have kids, but if i need to spank, then i'm sure they will think twice before doing whatever they did to get them in trouble.

People are going to deny this because it hurts too much emotionally to accept this FACT. Do research on any Psychologist that has done long term studies. It is 100% PROVEN fact that spanking your child does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There are gonna be 50 people on here come up with some BS rationale because they spank or got spanked but it has been proven (just like the earth isnt flat) that spanking does NOT change behavior even though at the moment it appears to. It teaches your child one thing and one thing only IF SOMEONE BIGGER THEN YOU DOESNT LIKE WHAT YOU DID THEN YOU CAN PHYSICALLY HURT THEM. THat is the only thing they learn. Now you people in denial can start posting BS rationale because it hurts too much to accept this FACT.

People are going to deny this because it hurts too much emotionally to accept this FACT. Do research on any Psychologist that has done long term studies. It is 100% PROVEN fact that spanking your child does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There are gonna be 50 people on here come up with some BS rationale because they spank or got spanked but it has been proven (just like the earth isnt flat) that spanking does NOT change behavior even though at the moment it appears to. It teaches your child one thing and one thing only IF SOMEONE BIGGER THEN YOU DOESNT LIKE WHAT YOU DID THEN YOU CAN PHYSICALLY HURT THEM. THat is the only thing they learn. Now you people in denial can start posting BS rationale because it hurts too much to accept this FACT.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Nah man, Imma put them in timeout to learn their lesson.

grin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

Source?

Source?

It definitely depends on the kid. My brother and I were never laid a hand on. We never needed it. My neighbors got spanked. I'd be at their house chilling and their dad would be punishing one of them for something idiotic the kid did. I only saw it happen a few times over ten years, but it really made me appreciate that my parents didn't believe in that sort of stuff. But again, it depends on the kid. My neighbors were pretty stupid and spoiled. The dad didn't really know how to parent, so he would try to buy things to make up for it. The kids never really learned.

It definitely depends on the kid. My brother and I were never laid a hand on. We never needed it. My neighbors got spanked. I'd be at their house chilling and their dad would be punishing one of them for something idiotic the kid did. I only saw it happen a few times over ten years, but it really made me appreciate that my parents didn't believe in that sort of stuff. But again, it depends on the kid. My neighbors were pretty stupid and spoiled. The dad didn't really know how to parent, so he would try to buy things to make up for it. The kids never really learned.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

You see the way kids are acting nowadays? Damn straight when i have kids theyre gonna get it if they misbehave.
This. Only for serious offenses though.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

You see the way kids are acting nowadays? Damn straight when i have kids theyre gonna get it if they misbehave.
This. Only for serious offenses though.

I caught the belt a few times when I was young and I've never been in trouble with the law and I've done well in school and at work. "beating" your kids is not okay but some kids need to get smacked on the backside once in a while.

I caught the belt a few times when I was young and I've never been in trouble with the law and I've done well in school and at work. "beating" your kids is not okay but some kids need to get smacked on the backside once in a while.

I'm all for disciplining(spanking whooping) your child. No ext. cords or anything like that. When I was a kid and acted out I got it wherever I was at. Growing up my parents asked all of siblings to do something one time and one time only. If you didn't you knew what was about to happen. When I did well at school or sports my parents told me how proud they were of me. When I got out of line they got me back in line real quick. I thank them so much these days. Parents these days don't want to be parents; they want to be friends with their children. IMO you need to be a parent first and a friend second.

The same people that are against whooping children are the same ones that want to put kids under the jail cell when they commit crimes. I don't understand that logic.

I'm all for disciplining(spanking whooping) your child. No ext. cords or anything like that. When I was a kid and acted out I got it wherever I was at. Growing up my parents asked all of siblings to do something one time and one time only. If you didn't you knew what was about to happen. When I did well at school or sports my parents told me how proud they were of me. When I got out of line they got me back in line real quick. I thank them so much these days. Parents these days don't want to be parents; they want to be friends with their children. IMO you need to be a parent first and a friend second.

The same people that are against whooping children are the same ones that want to put kids under the jail cell when they commit crimes. I don't understand that logic.

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

If it reaches the point where you have to physically discipline your children, you have failed at parenting.
Interesting point.
There was study done...sorry I tried googling it but for the life of me I can't find the source but I'm not pulling these statistics out of the air.
The study said that 85% of parents that spank their children feel aggravated, mad, etc when they spank their children.

Does that stat alarm anyone? I mean being mad can only lead to more abusive behavior.
tired.gif

Edit found it. Here's the exert I was talking about.
Doty is certainly not the only parent who has spanked in anger and frustration. According to the SUNY study, 85 percent of parents report feeling angry and agitated when they spank. And those emotions can be difficult to rein in. "The intensity will continue to rise if the parent continues to be physical," says Dr. Coleman. And that increases the risk of abuse.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/...px?cp-documentid=8326634
Originally Posted by politicsasusual

Example: Kid blatantly takes candy from store and eats it. Kid gets spanked. Kid learns how to steal candy without getting caught.
Kid takes candy. Parent explains why that is not okay. Kid learns that stealing is wrong. Later applies that to things later on in life.

So the parent that spanks their child nonchalantly omits justifying the punishment received?

Ok.

Bad example on my part since I left that out. But in situations where my dad beat me and then would try to talk to me about why he did it I was still mad and my mouth was still bleeding so I'd negate whatever he tried to say to me because I was mad at the time so I'm not gonna listen to you if I'm mad.
Oh it hurts you more than it hurts me?
son.jpg

WOW
son.jpg

I DEFINITELY don't think you're on the same page as the rest of us when we say we will spank them. Spank =/= beating the @%+# out of them.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

If it reaches the point where you have to physically discipline your children, you have failed at parenting.
Interesting point.
There was study done...sorry I tried googling it but for the life of me I can't find the source but I'm not pulling these statistics out of the air.
The study said that 85% of parents that spank their children feel aggravated, mad, etc when they spank their children.

Does that stat alarm anyone? I mean being mad can only lead to more abusive behavior.
tired.gif

Edit found it. Here's the exert I was talking about.
Doty is certainly not the only parent who has spanked in anger and frustration. According to the SUNY study, 85 percent of parents report feeling angry and agitated when they spank. And those emotions can be difficult to rein in. "The intensity will continue to rise if the parent continues to be physical," says Dr. Coleman. And that increases the risk of abuse.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/...px?cp-documentid=8326634
Originally Posted by politicsasusual

Example: Kid blatantly takes candy from store and eats it. Kid gets spanked. Kid learns how to steal candy without getting caught.
Kid takes candy. Parent explains why that is not okay. Kid learns that stealing is wrong. Later applies that to things later on in life.

So the parent that spanks their child nonchalantly omits justifying the punishment received?

Ok.

Bad example on my part since I left that out. But in situations where my dad beat me and then would try to talk to me about why he did it I was still mad and my mouth was still bleeding so I'd negate whatever he tried to say to me because I was mad at the time so I'm not gonna listen to you if I'm mad.
Oh it hurts you more than it hurts me?
son.jpg

WOW
son.jpg

I DEFINITELY don't think you're on the same page as the rest of us when we say we will spank them. Spank =/= beating the @%+# out of them.

I tell my nephews when they were young and acted up... do you want Mono (right hand only) or STEREO (both right and left)? That's all I had to say because intimidation/fear is a mutha.

I tell my nephews when they were young and acted up... do you want Mono (right hand only) or STEREO (both right and left)? That's all I had to say because intimidation/fear is a mutha.

A quick slap to the arm or leg is fine with me. But those long drawn out belt whippings my mom use to give me? Hellz no. That bus ride home after you got in trouble at school was a beast.

A quick slap to the arm or leg is fine with me. But those long drawn out belt whippings my mom use to give me? Hellz no. That bus ride home after you got in trouble at school was a beast.

Complete BS. You can't compare humans to inanimate objects such as the Earth being flat and you can't make conclusions with what people learn.
You have to consider the intangible goods with every human being.
For example, I stole a piece of bubble gum from the store as a child and got spanked.
From that experience, I learned that stealing was wrong and if I did it, I'd be punished for it.
I got spankings and I never thought that I could hurt people because I don't condone their actions.

Back
Top Bottom