SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Is it safe to say that Marc Webb was in the right in cutting out MJ? I believe he was.

Overall I enjoyed the film, even though at times it appeared childish. The villains needed more screen time during their battles. When Harry was trying to get Spider-mans blood, idk why they didn't even mention the possibility of his identity being revealed through his DNA. I hope that Venom doesn't become an experiment created from the Spiders venom. I like how he is his own separate entity and has a whole species of his kind. The drama wasn't bad but a bit overwhelming, scenes with more comedy and action would have been preferable. Lastly what was up with the DOFP after the credits. I pretty much stayed till the end for a sony advertisement.

can we discuss Easter eggs now
Black Cat, I think the end credit scenes had a list of names under the big six, and anything else?

^^^ Smythe's name was dropped. So we'll be seeing some Spider Slayers soon

Amazing Spiderman 2 Review

Let’s be clear, this is the best Spiderman movie of the 5 we’ve seen so far. Visually this movie DECIMATES any other Spidey. Absolutely beautiful shots. Unreal imagery, vibrant, color, just shockingly great.
The story itself, not as strong as some of the Raimi work, but certainly in line, and maybe with a newer approach. I LOVED the approach towards Peter’s parents. (something Raimi never looked at) The scene’s with Dennis Leary staring at him, and the scene with aunt May were just ROUGH. Loved the emotion behind both of those things. This wasn’t that bull **** Mary Jane “it’s about me” spiel, he and Gwen genuinely love each other, but he made a promise to her dying father and whenever he’s at his happiest with her, her father stares down at him. Awesome. Loved it.

As for May hurting over her “son” looking for his not around father, that’s my feels right there man. That stuff was understated, but strong. They didn’t flaunt it, or hit me over the head with it, it was just there, and REAL. (great work by Field in that scene)

The first 5 minutes did make me nervous. I felt we were on a trip to hokey town. Too many jokes, flashy action, I was like, uhhhhhhh, and then they showed Leary, and you could feel the tone change. And the real movie began. From then on, it all settled in. The jokes were Parker, the quippy Spider, the punk kid makin jokes in between death defying moments. After those 5 minutes, they toned down the humor and stayed more in line with any other comic movie.

Foxx was solid as the villain, but in the same Winter Soldier mode where he didn’t crush it with dialogue, he was a visual threat, moreso than a sadistic one. I was fine with that, visually he was impressive as hell. He didn’t have the deepest storyline, but the story isn’t about him, or Goblin, etc, it’s about Peter, and by extension, Gwen. They are the story, and the villians just wander in disrupting them.

Harry was great. Really liked that kid. The scene between he and Peter, and their awkward hug and what not, that was better than any of the Peter-Harry interactions in Raimi’s films. Even without seeing each other in a decade, you could tell they had a boyish friendship, even tho now they were bigger players in a big world. He may not have gotten a lot of time as the actual Goblin he showed enough to know he’s going to be a pain in the *** in the future.

Gwen’s death………man. They caught me off guard on that. I did NOT see that coming. I knew her day would come, but I did not know it would come this film. I was shook when that scene happened. Truly. That was sort of a jaw dropped, man, they really did murk her scene. I knew in a heartbeat Fury didn’t die in Cap 2. I knew for a damn fact that was bogus and set up. But this, when I saw her back crack, I knew they had done it. :frown: Powerful scene, and true heartbreak for Peter/Spiderman.

Everyone was worried about Electro/Goblin/and Rhino not havin enough time, but it worked out perfect. They weren’t the story. Only parts. Peter and Gwen were what we were lookin at. I was completely fine with the space between villians and the room for Peter to search for info on his parents, his relationship with Gwen, his relationship with Harry, and then the May scene, that’s character development for the character we’re all there to see, Spiderman. HE is the one that they developed, not the bad guys who we all know gonna lose in the end anyways. They are there to show a true, real, viable threat, but ultimately fall down when the hero makes a move. I love a great villain as much as any, but they don’t HAVE to be the center of the movie to make a movie quality.

The little kid in the costume was pretty great. Of course the kid was never gonna get hurt, but he showed what Spidey was there for. As he said, he gives people hope. And with his world blown to pieces losing his girl, he watched her speech (which was great) and knew he needed to get back. And then the little boy steps out, a kid he had protected earlier. I loved that connection in the story. Obviously a little hokey, and I’m more than positive people will roll their eyes, but damn all that, that scene was perfect for this movie.

The true plot isn’t anything above Iron Man, or any of the Dark Knight, or even Man of Steel, but it’s a solid, quality Comic book film, with amazing imagery, brilliant camera tricks, and a helluva a lot of glare in the Star Trek, JJ Abrams universe of film making. :lol: :lol: :lol: Holy **** did they use that trick a few times. Next movie might be filmed in front of a window for a whole 2 hours. :lol:

This is the best Spidey I have seen. I have watched all 5 now in the past 4-5 weeks, and this is the best, easy. It trumps anything Raimi did, even if Raimi had a little more plot to his and maybe some stronger side characters, Peter, Harry, Gwen, and the haunting images of Gwen’s dad and Electro more than make up for the lack of uber smart plot you might demand. I’ll take this movie over Tobey dancing, or Mary Jane whining, or any of the other hokey stuff Raimi included in all his films.

Very solid 8-8.5/10 for me. But I am positive this will have the Man of Steel backlash from fans who expected more, or thought Joker should appear in every scene, or wanted Shakespeare dialogue, etc etc etc. They can complain all they want, this film was really, really good. And I def look forward to Spidey 3 and where they go next.

Let’s be clear, this is the best Spiderman movie of the 5 we’ve seen so far. Visually this movie DECIMATES any other Spidey. Absolutely beautiful shots. Unreal imagery, vibrant, color, just shockingly great.
The story itself, not as strong as some of the Raimi work, but certainly in line, and maybe with a newer approach. I LOVED the approach towards Peter’s parents. (something Raimi never looked at) The scene’s with Dennis Leary staring at him, and the scene with aunt May were just ROUGH. Loved the emotion behind both of those things. This wasn’t that bull **** Mary Jane “it’s about me” spiel, he and Gwen genuinely love each other, but he made a promise to her dying father and whenever he’s at his happiest with her, her father stares down at him. Awesome. Loved it.

As for May hurting over her “son” looking for his not around father, that’s my feels right there man. That stuff was understated, but strong. They didn’t flaunt it, or hit me over the head with it, it was just there, and REAL. (great work by Field in that scene)

The first 5 minutes did make me nervous. I felt we were on a trip to hokey town. Too many jokes, flashy action, I was like, uhhhhhhh, and then they showed Leary, and you could feel the tone change. And the real movie began. From then on, it all settled in. The jokes were Parker, the quippy Spider, the punk kid makin jokes in between death defying moments. After those 5 minutes, they toned down the humor and stayed more in line with any other comic movie.

Foxx was solid as the villain, but in the same Winter Soldier mode where he didn’t crush it with dialogue, he was a visual threat, moreso than a sadistic one. I was fine with that, visually he was impressive as hell. He didn’t have the deepest storyline, but the story isn’t about him, or Goblin, etc, it’s about Peter, and by extension, Gwen. They are the story, and the villians just wander in disrupting them.

Harry was great. Really liked that kid. The scene between he and Peter, and their awkward hug and what not, that was better than any of the Peter-Harry interactions in Raimi’s films. Even without seeing each other in a decade, you could tell they had a boyish friendship, even tho now they were bigger players in a big world. He may not have gotten a lot of time as the actual Goblin he showed enough to know he’s going to be a pain in the *** in the future.

Gwen’s death………man. They caught me off guard on that. I did NOT see that coming. I knew her day would come, but I did not know it would come this film. I was shook when that scene happened. Truly. That was sort of a jaw dropped, man, they really did murk her scene. I knew in a heartbeat Fury didn’t die in Cap 2. I knew for a damn fact that was bogus and set up. But this, when I saw her back crack, I knew they had done it.
frown.gif
Powerful scene, and true heartbreak for Peter/Spiderman.

Everyone was worried about Electro/Goblin/and Rhino not havin enough time, but it worked out perfect. They weren’t the story. Only parts. Peter and Gwen were what we were lookin at. I was completely fine with the space between villians and the room for Peter to search for info on his parents, his relationship with Gwen, his relationship with Harry, and then the May scene, that’s character development for the character we’re all there to see, Spiderman. HE is the one that they developed, not the bad guys who we all know gonna lose in the end anyways. They are there to show a true, real, viable threat, but ultimately fall down when the hero makes a move. I love a great villain as much as any, but they don’t HAVE to be the center of the movie to make a movie quality.

The little kid in the costume was pretty great. Of course the kid was never gonna get hurt, but he showed what Spidey was there for. As he said, he gives people hope. And with his world blown to pieces losing his girl, he watched her speech (which was great) and knew he needed to get back. And then the little boy steps out, a kid he had protected earlier. I loved that connection in the story. Obviously a little hokey, and I’m more than positive people will roll their eyes, but damn all that, that scene was perfect for this movie.

The true plot isn’t anything above Iron Man, or any of the Dark Knight, or even Man of Steel, but it’s a solid, quality Comic book film, with amazing imagery, brilliant camera tricks, and a helluva a lot of glare in the Star Trek, JJ Abrams universe of film making.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Holy **** did they use that trick a few times. Next movie might be filmed in front of a window for a whole 2 hours.
laugh.gif

This is the best Spidey I have seen. I have watched all 5 now in the past 4-5 weeks, and this is the best, easy. It trumps anything Raimi did, even if Raimi had a little more plot to his and maybe some stronger side characters, Peter, Harry, Gwen, and the haunting images of Gwen’s dad and Electro more than make up for the lack of uber smart plot you might demand. I’ll take this movie over Tobey dancing, or Mary Jane whining, or any of the other hokey stuff Raimi included in all his films.

Very solid 8-8.5/10 for me. But I am positive this will have the Man of Steel backlash from fans who expected more, or thought Joker should appear in every scene, or wanted Shakespeare dialogue, etc etc etc. They can complain all they want, this film was really, really good. And I def look forward to Spidey 3 and where they go next.

Steps to becoming Goblin
Father dies, tells of disease, passes info
Disease progress
Grows desperate, hopes for Spider-Man to help, reaches out to Peter
Spider-Man says no- hates him 'you're a fraud Spider-Man'
Learns there is a cure
Set up by Oscorp execs
Saves electro
Finds the venom
Physical change
Gets suit (which seems to be pre registered for his body)
Comes back as Green Goblin

His change was mental. I'm sure the suit was made for him, so little to no learning curve.

That being said, even though its a great part of the film, this movie is called Spider man...not a Emma x Garfield. Shave 10 sec off of them together, a little when they argue, a little when they break up and put that time into showing Harry escape...
Scenes to cut out

Emma going to her Oxford interview
1st time we see Emma in the Cab

The whole 'watching her speech' they could have played it in the background, shown a newspaper headline 'Giamatti Escapes', kid standing up to him, end speech Peter swings in and does his spiel

Then they could have made about ten scenes shorter

The break up
The Harry x Peter meeting
Emma x Garfield reuniting
Overall...they could have cut at least 30min out of the movie, would have been less of a RomCom but wouldn't have dragged on so long. While these characters were great and did well in all their scenes, and they were good scenes, cutting these scenes out would have picked up the pace and focused the story.

I'm just tired of sitting through long *** movies...got damn if its good all the way through I won't even notice, the fact that I checked my phone multiple times, just to see the time, I ain't have anywhere else to be..my boy went and had two ten min convos with his girl...and didn't miss a thing. These screenwriters x directors need to learn focus. Every second needs to move the story forward, clever banter is cool, but when it's just them walking and talking? This ain't a damn Romcom, this is an action movie, say clever ish during, right before or right after something happens.

I don't need to see y'all eating ice cream talking about their 'new rules'...cut ten sec off that scene

He sees her
She's says were going to be friends
They get ice cream
They talk about the meatball place
'You were following me?'
'Maybe'
'How often?'
Spider sense
She looks where he looks
She looks back and he's gone
Close up on her face angry/proud/in love

That cuts out about ten-twenty sec of unnecessary banter,still gives a chance for chemistry to shine, provides heart, but keeps the story focused on Spider-Man n not Emma x Garfield.

Gwen’s death………man. They caught me off guard on that. I did NOT see that coming. I knew her day would come, but I did not know it would come this film. I was shook when that scene happened. Truly. That was sort of a jaw dropped, man, they really did murk her scene. I knew in a heartbeat Fury didn’t die in Cap 2. I knew for a damn fact that was bogus and set up. But this, when I saw her back crack, I knew they had done it.
frown.gif
Powerful scene, and true heartbreak for Peter/Spiderman.

The true plot isn’t anything above Iron Man, or any of the Dark Knight, or even Man of Steel, but it’s a solid, quality Comic book film, with amazing imagery, brilliant camera tricks, and a helluva a lot of glare in the Star Trek, JJ Abrams universe of film making.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Holy **** did they use that trick a few times. Next movie might be filmed in front of a window for a whole 2 hours.
laugh.gif

Steps to becoming Goblin
Father dies, tells of disease, passes info

Disease progress

Grows desperate, hopes for Spider-Man to help, reaches out to Peter

Spider-Man says no- hates him 'you're a fraud Spider-Man'

Learns there is a cure

Set up by Oscorp execs

Saves electro

Finds the venom

Physical change

Gets suit (which seems to be pre registered for his body)

Comes back as Green Goblin

His change was mental. I'm sure the suit was made for him, so little to no learning curve.

That being said, even though its a great part of the film, this movie is called Spider man...not a Emma x Garfield. Shave 10 sec off of them together, a little when they argue, a little when they break up and put that time into showing Harry escape...
Scenes to cut out
Emma going to her Oxford interview

1st time we see Emma in the Cab

The whole 'watching her speech' they could have played it in the background, shown a newspaper headline 'Giamatti Escapes', kid standing up to him, end speech Peter swings in and does his spiel

Then they could have made about ten scenes shorter

The break up

The Harry x Peter meeting

Emma x Garfield reuniting
Overall...they could have cut at least 30min out of the movie, would have been less of a RomCom but wouldn't have dragged on so long. While these characters were great and did well in all their scenes, and they were good scenes, cutting these scenes out would have picked up the pace and focused the story.

I'm just tired of sitting through long *** movies...got damn if its good all the way through I won't even notice, the fact that I checked my phone multiple times, just to see the time, I ain't have anywhere else to be..my boy went and had two ten min convos with his girl...and didn't miss a thing. These screenwriters x directors need to learn focus. Every second needs to move the story forward, clever banter is cool, but when it's just them walking and talking? This ain't a damn Romcom, this is an action movie, say clever ish during, right before or right after something happens.
I don't need to see y'all eating ice cream talking about their 'new rules'...cut ten sec off that scene

He sees her

She's says were going to be friends

They get ice cream

They talk about the meatball place

'You were following me?'

'Maybe'

'How often?'

Spider sense

She looks where he looks

She looks back and he's gone

Close up on her face angry/proud/in love

That cuts out about ten-twenty sec of unnecessary banter,still gives a chance for chemistry to shine, provides heart, but keeps the story focused on Spider-Man n not Emma x Garfield.

Who say's this is purely meant to be an action movie? Peter Parker himself is equally interesting as Spiderman.

Last edited:
oh yea and the soundtrack was horrible
that dub step when electro was on screen :/

I felt the whole movie was a soundtrack :lol:

What was that song though when Pete was crossing the street to meet Gwen before Electro/TimeSquare scene? :nerd:

Why say's this is purely meant to be an action movie? Peter Parker himself is equally interesting as Spiderman.
Time. I thought they did a lot of the things focucsed on Peter pretty well, his relationship with Aunt May, is father storyline (although it was of no consequence to this movie, hopefully it comes up again later) his relationship with Harry. To me, they went to deep into the Emma Stone storyline, which is understandable, after shooting each scene with Emma x garfield  I would have been like "Damnit." But, this is a big blockbuster, it's not a romcom, and hoepfully after this movie they get a Romcom together...I won't watch but I'll be damned if them two couldn't make a bad screenplay look great. It's distracting. It'll get the girl audience though.

Nah man, Iiked the score. Very contemporary, and of course you play Electro music when Electro is on screen...that seems to make sense to me. It didn't take away, unless you didn't like the songs themselves, which, becasue they are overplayed on the radio ad nausuam then I can understand, but since I don't listen to the radio they were a perfect fit to me. Even that scene when he's all depressed after Emma dumps  him.

Last edited:
don't get me wrong I love edm and dub step but I feel they could have had a better selection. It just seemed out of place unlike the break up song which worked nicely.

Garfield is a better Spiderman.

Tobey McGuire is a better Peter Parker.

That being said, I loved how they made Spideman extremely acrobatic in this film. All those mid-air twists and dives while web swinging was cool as hell. They also made him really cocky/goofy when he's fighting the baddies, which is what Spiderman is all about.

And echo-ing what everyone else is saying, the soundtrack was hot garbage.

Last edited:
Is it safe to say that Marc Webb was in the right in cutting out MJ? I believe he was.
They made a mistake casting that chick as her int he first place. Plus given ppl saying the movie isn't cohesive and is "scatterbrained" in direction adding MJ would've just hurt the film more. Then from the other take if you really liked this just introducing MJ imo would just take say from the strong plot of Peter's and Gwen's relationship throughout. I mean for simplicity's sake he struggled to be with her or not, decided to leave with her, then she died, and then because of her he had the motivation to return. MJ don't fit in to that so what's left is the other story lines int he movie and she don't fit there either.

So yeah smart move.
I guess it's just me, but I never notice the scores in movies.
Maybe you watching the wrong type of movies. The score sometimes can be the most important thing to make a scene or entire film land the way they're suppose to specifically and especially in romances, dramas, and thrillers. Action not so much not unless the movie also has strong acting scenes that a score would help.

Just came back from seeing the movie again. Absolute masterpiece. I mean everything in this movie is Art. From the hyper exaggerated characters like Rhino's ridiculous Russian accent and Harry being Richie Rich with temper issues (You're a fraud spiderman! :lol:) to the the Score (as bad as some are making it, the itsy bitsy spider was part of electros theme :wow:) I mean it was just beautiful. Really just think about the jump from ASM to ASM 2...just crazy. Bravo Marvel, Sony, Marc Webb and the cast of the film.

Last edited:
Just came back from seeing the movie again. Absolute masterpiece. I mean everything in this movie is Art. From the hyper exaggerated characters like Rhino's ridiculous Russian accent and Harry being Richie Rich with temper issues (You're a fraud spiderman! :lol:) to the the Score (as bad as some are making it, the itsy bitsy spider was part of electros theme :wow:) I mean it was just beautiful. Really just think about the jump from ASM to ASM 2...just crazy. Bravo Marvel, Sony, Marc Webb and the cast of the film.
You being serious? For some reason people in this thread seem to like it even with the bad reviews so my sarcasm meter might be abit off

:lol: :smh:

This is really one end of the extreme.

You talking like this best superhero movie ever.

You making this out to be the Schindler's List of superhero movies.

You need to work for Marvel's PR team :lol:

The score was mix or miss for me. I felt it was mixed waaaaaaay to loud in some of the fight scenes and this is coming from someone who may get into film scoring one day lol. Really loved how they did the part with the kid at the end. The music really brought that scene together for me.

symbiote (Venom)

"Ultimate spider"... The symbiote was man-made in Oscorp to cure cancer....

I'm guessing in spiderman3 they will introduce the black symbiote/venom to start the spinoff, also bring back conners(lizard) since his blood have to mix with the symbionts to Create carnage... Which Sony is already promoting on there blog.

Back
Top Bottom