Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My favorite toy/ship of all time was the B-wing. My buddy had one when i was a kid and that was the go to for me. 

I still want to acquire one to add to my sons bedroom collection.(I say they are his but we all know)

I put an xwing chasing a tie fighter on the ceiling in one area and there is a speeder bike chase in another.

I have the falcon for him but have yet to hang it up.

His dresser has a AT-ST and a land speeder.

View media item 1858537
indifferent.gif

nerd.gif

Does anyone here have an account on rebelscum.com forums? I made an account a few months ago and still don't have access. I'd like to ask a question about the Black Series Darth Maul on there. Since my figures left hand chipped, I'm wondering if I buy the knockoff version that is flooded on eBay will I be able to replace his one hand. He's too expensive to buy another authentic version. The hand is bugging me though. Of course my most expensive/rare figure is the only one that has broke or I've had an issue with :smh:

Does anyone here have an account on rebelscum.com forums? I made an account a few months ago and still don't have access. I'd like to ask a question about the Black Series Darth Maul on there. Since my figures left hand chipped, I'm wondering if I buy the knockoff version that is flooded on eBay will I be able to replace his one hand. He's too expensive to buy another authentic version. The hand is bugging me though. Of course my most expensive/rare figure is the only one that has broke or I've had an issue with :smh:

gotchu'

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1093945-54/

gotchu'

Thanks man I appreciate it. Would you please post this pic in there also for reference?

gotchu'

Thanks man I appreciate it. Would you please post this pic in there also for reference?

Done.

vader finally turns back to the lightside and a jedi burns him alive again 
roll.gif

i would be mad too 

I figure Georges alibi with force speed in the OT would be, vader is bionic, Yoda and Ben are both to old to move, Leia is clueless and Luke doesnt know how.

Last edited:
You know this actually ties back into the convo you and Zik were having yesterday, because Force Speed showed up in the EU before it did on film.

I only know the novels, nothing from the comics. I assume Force Speed was from the comics, cuz I don't remember ever reading about it.

Flow walking tho.....that sounded cool.

Well yeah it's appeared in comics as well, but I was speaking of a novel actually: Shadows of the Empire.
:lol: Oh well damn.

I was really hoping this was some editing error. That scene is weird. They're deflecting blasts, say they have to get out of here, then instead of just continuing to block blasts until they turn the corner it's like a gravity well just pulled them off screen :lol:

If it shows up in the EU then w/e.

You know this actually ties back into the convo you and Zik were having yesterday, because Force Speed showed up in the EU before it did on film.

I only know the novels, nothing from the comics. I assume Force Speed was from the comics, cuz I don't remember ever reading about it.

Flow walking tho.....that sounded cool.

Well yeah it's appeared in comics as well, but I was speaking of a novel actually: Shadows of the Empire.

I just looked it up, ****, it's in a TON of novels, all of them I've read. :lol:

I just assumed they meant they were fast, "force speed" I didn't know they meant like The Flash fast.

The J.J. Abrams-directed film passed the mark in a dominating 20 days of release. Avatar had set the record after 34 weeks in theaters in 2009 (earning $750 million) and a re-release in 2010 ($10.5 million).

Son.....

Walt Disney DIS -1.01% sent out an “It’s official!” press release Wednesday at around 4:30 p.m., Pacific time, but in case you need hard confirmation, Wednesday’s $6.2 million gross for Star Wars: The Force Awakens has indeed pushed the Walt Disney film past the $760.5m domestic gross of James Cameron’s Avatar. So J.J. Abrams’s sci-fi sequel is now the biggest grossing movie ever in America — if you don’t adjust for inflation, the 3D bump and the IMAX/PLF bumps. And yes, for the first time in 18 years, a James Cameron movie is not at the top of the charts. And yes, for the first time in forty years, a film not helmed by James Cameron, George Lucas, or Steven Spielberg is the biggest movie ever in America. It really is the end of an era.

If you want to play the “adjusted for inflation” game, The Force Awakens is actually the 20th biggest movie ever, just above Raiders of the Lost Ark ($762m) and just below The Sting and The Lion King (both of which made around $767.5m in “2016 dollars”). There are a couple things to note before we get bent out of shape about inflation. First of all, many of the films at the top of the list (Gone with the Wind, Star Wars, E.T., etc.) benefited from at least one high-profile theatrical re-release after its initial theatrical run. Many of the older films existed in a time when films ran in theaters for years and when consumers could only see them in theaters. Moreover, in the days before cable television, the Internet, Netflix, and video games, theatrical movie-going was among the only means of mass entertainment available to most consumers, give or take radio and broadcast television.

It’s easy to say “Well, The Force Awakens sold less tickets than The Sound of Music,” but there was a lot less competition for your entertainment time and entertainment dollar back in 1964. In an era when we all talk about how young people don’t go to the movies anymore, and that Americans in general don’t make theatrical movie-going a prime part of their entertainment diet as much as they did even a decade or so ago, it’s impressive, nay most impressive, that a new movie has not only become the biggest grosser ever but also become one of the most popular movies of all time in terms of tickets sold as well. That, to me, is the most stunning achievement. And of course it’s not done yet.

No, I don’t think the film is going to cross the magic $1 billion mark at the domestic box office, but that’s only a failure if you’re an idiot. The film should cross $800 million domestic sometime this weekend and end its fourth weekend of play with around $820 million. At that point it will be the fourteenth-biggest movie of all time adjusted for inflation. When it gets to $940m domestic, which at this point I’m guessing it will, it will surpass Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to become the tenth most popular theatrical movie of all time in America, and basically the biggest grossing movie of all time without any significant theatrical re-releases.

So yes it broke the domestic record because of inflation and 3D bumps and all of that. But it’s still going to be one of the most “tickets sold” successful movies of all time in American cinemas, as well as the first film since Titanic to sell 100 million tickets. Oh, and it has earned $812 million overseas as well, bringing its worldwide cume to $1.576.6 billion worldwide. So it’s got that going for it too.

Wonder what the expected numbers for Rogue One will be.

No way it can do THIS again, but it should still do pretty well. I'm guessing the casual fans won't have interest in a story that doesn't have all the main characters in it. But maybe I'm wrong and word of mouth (if it is indeed good) will garner more attention as it hits weeks 2-3-4 etc.

Speilberg and Cameron are expected. I didn't know with only like 8 movies to his name directing wise, Lucas found himself in that top 3. I assume it's with the OT and maybe ROTS.

Back
Top Bottom