Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only things i will get on Lucas for are for 1, some of the special edition stuff. 2nd for writing the prequels to be over complicated and way over the top visually. 3rd that casting and in some ways the direction and script was just to hollow. But at the end of the day, you cant ever knock the guy with the vision. I get real tired of the criticism. The guy created it. How is he any less than amazing.
you make a good movie, its a good movie

you make total garbage, its total garbage

he hasnt made a good movie since 1977

he made the three worst films of the franchise by far.

Tried his best to ruin the good ones with cgi garbage.

Sells his franchise, everyone loves new movie, gets upset and compares disney to slavery.

Not sure why anyone likes the guy tbh. 

Did anyone play Jedi Power Battles for PS/dreamcast? My fav after KOTOR. Plo Koon :pimp:  If I remember correctly, each jedi had their own force powers.

View media item 1859828

Plo Koon with the yellow lightsaber
tfrf18X.png

Sells his franchise, everyone loves new movie, gets upset and compares disney to slavery.

The good intentions of a visionary genius dont always jell with us mere mortals.

The good intentions of a visionary genius dont always jell with us mere mortals.
every movie is made with good intentions

stop excusing garbage because of the name behind it

a bad movie is a bad movie

lucas might be the most overrated name in hollywood with the way people defend his garbage 

Cmon you young guys really show how narrow minded the youtube/blogger generation really is. Lucas wasnt really meant to be a "filmmaker". Thats obvious. Its why Speilberg would direct and Lucas would produce. Lucas is a genius. His strength is in the idea, the concepts, the visualization. He didnt just make the movies, he invented a way of film making with the original films. Ilm is just as instrumental. The smartest thing was for him to step off the directors chair after Star Wars and he knew it. Cant knock him for that. He never wanted to bother with more movies but the man is like Bill Gates. He wont want to ever stop as long as the technology is advancing. It is the way of those who are just fundamentaly on another level.

Last edited:
This would completely ruin and make the OT pointless.

Vader tricking Luke, faking his death, assuming another identity, laying low, and then starting his own group could all be written well and still be like spitting in Lucas' face :lol:

If they want a bad guy to bring back, it's obvious to do that with the Emperor. I'd love to see him troll Luke again in a fight :pimp:
every movie is made with good intentions
I wouldn't agree with this at all.

Last edited:
At the end of the day guys like that use their talent and out comes the end result. You dont just pack it up cause someone thinks how could you make more movies cause i think your overrated.

Cmon you young guys really show how narrow minded the youtube/blogger generation really is. Lucas us really meant to be a "filmmaker". Thats obvious. Its why Speilberg would direct and Lucas would produce. Lucas is a genius. His strength is in the idea, the concepts, the visualization. He didnt just make the movies, he invented a way of film making with the original films. Ilm is just as instrumental. The smartest thing was for him to step off the directors chair after Star Wars and he knew it. Cant knock him for that. He never wanted to bother with more movies but the man is like Bill Gates. He wont want to ever stop as long as the technology is advancing. It is the way those who are just fundamentaly on another level.
no one is knocking him for this

the topic is his abilities as a director and screenwriter which are just terrible.

If im trying to tell you about how terrible a person is at basketball, I dont care that he's a talented soccer player, it doesnt take away from how bad of a basketball player is.

this fanboy _____ can do no wrong logic is the reason studios make so much money while putting out terrible movies 

This would completely ruin and make the OT pointless.

Vader tricking Luke, faking his death, assuming another identity, laying low, and then starting his own group could all be written well and still be like spitting in Lucas' face
laugh.gif

If they want a bad guy to bring back, it's obvious to do that with the Emperor. I'd love to see him troll Luke again in a fight
pimp.gif
snoke with "i am your father" to luke at the end of ep 8 would kind of be hilarious though 
laugh.gif

the topic is his abilities as a director and screenwriter which are just terrible.

If im trying to tell you about how terrible a person is at basketball, I dont care that he's a talented soccer player, it doesnt take away from how bad of a basketball player is.

this fanboy _____ can do no wrong logic is the reason studios make so much money while putting out terrible movies 
Well you dont know how a movie is gonna turn out till its out so i dont think they thought they were putting out terrible movies with the prequels. You could say JJ put out a New Hope clone. Does that make him any better? 700+ mill probably says yeah. But reality they are just redoing and continuing what Lucas did. Every great nerd franchise ever put on film is a direct homage to the og trilogy. That to me is what defines Lucas. He is ok in my book there. Some other stuff, yeah i wish left alone. But I didnt have 4 billion to call that shot.

Last edited:

Well you dont know how a movie is gonna turn out till its out so i dont think they thought they were putting out terrible movies with the prequels. You could say JJ put out a New Hope clone. Does that make him any better? 700+ mill probably says yeah. But reality they are just redoing and continuing what Lucas did. Every great nerd franchise ever put on film is a direct homage to the og trilogy. That to me is what defines Lucas. He is ok in my book there. Some other stuff, yeah i wish left alone. But I didnt have 4 billion to call that shot.
what are you saying?

NO ONE creates a movie expecting it to be terrible

the movie being terrible is a product of a director and screenwriter (same person) who thought he was more talented than he actually is

lucas tried to make a great movie, it didnt turn out awful because he was unlucky, it was awful because he just isnt good at directing and screen writing. despite his best efforts, he put out trash. 

it is okay to have all the respect in the world for him and what he did in the past while also calling it like it is when he puts out a bad movie.

its like kanye fans defending yeezus just because it has kanye's name on it. 

this is high budget movie making and you're giving him points for effort like its peewee soccer 
laugh.gif

what are you saying?

NO ONE creates a movie expecting it to be terrible

the movie being terrible is a product of a director and screenwriter (same person) who thought he was more talented than he actually is

lucas tried to make a great movie, it didnt turn out awful because he was unlucky, it was awful because he just isnt good at directing and screen writing. despite his best efforts, he put out trash. 

it is okay to have all the respect in the world for him and what he did in the past while also calling it like it is when he puts out a bad movie.

its like kanye fans defending yeezus just because it has kanye's name on it. 

this is high budget movie making and you're giving him points for effort like its peewee soccer :lol:  
Kanye is a bumhead. Good night lol

Listening to podcast talk about the film now and it's like they're almost running out of hot takes :lol:

About the final duel: "Snowy action sequences just don't work... it looked like a video game."

Luke: "He did move overacting in those 4 seconds than i've seen in the last 30 years. Good luck to Rian Johnson" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom