Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

I just found out that I'm at 12.9% Body Fat at 5'6" and 148 Lbs.

Time to get that down to under 10% and 145 LBs in the next 2-3 months.

Any tips on how to do that? should I go look at a fat burner?
that's pretty lean already. read up on nutrition. high protein diet around 500 cals deficit should do you good. 

So I know you need to eat to build muscle, but im trying to get my ab core, so im limiting my intake/dieting and doing crazy cardio daily. Question, since im not a big dude should I be cutting to get my abs or should I be eating a lot to to gain muscle first. Im torn on what I should do.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

I just found out that I'm at 12.9% Body Fat at 5'6" and 148 Lbs.

Time to get that down to under 10% and 145 LBs in the next 2-3 months.

Any tips on how to do that? should I go look at a fat burner?

fat burners are garbage and waste of money

clean diet will get you lower BF

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ok
Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

So I know you need to eat to build muscle, but im trying to get my ab core, so im limiting my intake/dieting and doing crazy cardio daily. Question, since im not a big dude should I be cutting to get my abs or should I be eating a lot to to gain muscle first. Im torn on what I should do.
get big first

bulk then cut

Originally Posted by I3

For those scientific dudes..

Whats the effect on your vertical when one undergoes 2-3-4 cardio sessions a week; this could be on a bike, treadmill, jog etc.. I've read that continuous cardio will dampen your vertical or not recruit the fast twitch fibres.

The reason I ask, is I want to improve my stamina and conditioning on the court and after I lift weights, the cardio equipment is just downstairs and its convenient. I hear LeBron doing 20miles on the bike, but obviously his genes > mine.

In terms of improving my stamina and conditioning - would sprinting (HIIT) be better overall? Should I just lets say do 2x sessions of HIIT (sprints) a week on top of basketball? I really want to increase my stamina and fourth quarter (something LeBron lacks, so me > him).

HELP ME!
Yes you're right, excessive endurance training decreases power and strength output.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I wanted to find out more exercises w/ free weights for basketball. I'm old, but wanted to get stronger, jump higher.

I googled about curls and what not, but what helps w/ the fore arm and and arms in general?

Would I really have to give up beer? I only drink on weekends.

What's a good weekly regiment? Right now, I do 3 sets of curls plus some press, but nothing serious.
You need to decide what is more important to you big arms or stronger, jumping higher. Are you at a gym or at home? A set of weighted chinups will do more you biceps than curls btw.  Squats + Deadlifts + Chins + Rows should be the bulk of a program  for getting faster and stronger

Well, I wanted to tone down my fat, and get stronger as a whole. I normally play guard, and wanna get stronger w/ my upper body. 
I don't go to a gym, but have free weights at home.

thanks

Anybody can add in some more w/ arm and upper body? Im weak, can't even do squats.

What are the best chest excercises because I just want to get my cheat lookin like Hulk.

I usually do benching, and chest press dumbells laying down. Once in a while I do perfect pushup or chest press machine. What are the best methods to get my chest/pecs in big time mode.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by I3

Whats the effect on your vertical when one undergoes 2-3-4 cardio sessions a week; this could be on a bike, treadmill, jog etc.. I've read that continuous cardio will dampen your vertical or not recruit the fast twitch fibres.

The reason I ask, is I want to improve my stamina and conditioning on the court and after I lift weights, the cardio equipment is just downstairs and its convenient. I hear LeBron doing 20miles on the bike, but obviously his genes > mine.

In terms of improving my stamina and conditioning - would sprinting (HIIT) be better overall? Should I just lets say do 2x sessions of HIIT (sprints) a week on top of basketball? I really want to increase my stamina and fourth quarter (something LeBron lacks, so me > him).

HELP ME!
Yes you're right, excessive endurance training decreases power and strength output.

What is excessive?  Should I just stick to sprints?

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by I3

HELP ME!

What is excessive?  Should I just stick to sprints?
Yo, run suicide drills till you throw up. It'll develop your quickness and endurance for ball. Real talk. I ran as a sprinter in track in college and when I would play ball for fun with the team and they would run me off the court with all the back and forth and whatnot. I was made to run in straight line for a short time.
happy.gif

You need to decide what is more important to you big arms or stronger, jumping higher. Are you at a gym or at home? A set of weighted chinups will do more you biceps than curls btw.  Squats + Deadlifts + Chins + Rows should be the bulk of a program  for getting faster and stronger

Well, I wanted to tone down my fat, and get stronger as a whole. I normally play guard, and wanna get stronger w/ my upper body. 

thanks

Anybody can add in some more w/ arm and upper body? Im weak, can't even do squats.
explain why/how you can't do squats. chins > bicep curls. buy a doorway bar.

thanks

I'm weak, and haven't touched weights to begin with.  I only have free weights though.  Should I start light and build up? It seems logical. I was one of those kids that couldn't do pull ups. 

I'm weak, and haven't touched weights to begin with.  I only have free weights though.  Should I start light and build up? It seems logical. I was one of those kids that couldn't do pull ups. 

fair enough, yes starting light is the way to go. Alwyn Cosgrove one of the best trainers imo  states As far as I’m concerned, unless you can do an easy 20 push-ups, you have no business getting under a bar for bench pressing. In my training facility, everyone begins with body weight exercises. You have to earn the right to lift weights.   http://www.elitefts.com/documents/body_barbell.htm Also remember Nutrition is key, you can't out train a bad diet.

What are the best chest excercises because I just want to get my cheat lookin like Hulk.

I usually do benching, and chest press dumbells laying down. Once in a while I do perfect pushup or chest press machine. What are the best methods to get my chest/pecs in big time mode.

I need some motivation NT fam.

I'm getting mad lazy about going to the gym, feels like all my muscles are turning into flab.

I'm so tired after work especially since i have to commute 1-1.5 hrs each way to work that by 7:30pm I feel dead.

HELP ME CUHS!

Originally Posted by Azndood21

I need some motivation NT fam.

I'm getting mad lazy about going to the gym, feels like all my muscles are turning into flab.

I'm so tired after work especially since i have to commute 1-1.5 hrs each way to work that by 7:30pm I feel dead.

HELP ME CUHS!
That's not enough motivation? 

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ok

get big first
Originally Posted by Based Mod

bulk then cut
All the weight goes to my damn stomach, Im afraid of the homer stomach, any tips? 
frown.gif

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ok

get big first

bulk then cut
All the weight goes to my damn stomach, Im afraid of the homer stomach, any tips? 
frown.gif
getting a stomach is inevitable.

This guy's movie is always motivating

I Want To Look Like That Guy

He starts from being fat and gets all the way down to bodybuilding competition lean

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ok

get big first

bulk then cut
frown.gif
Eat just above your maintenance. Like 300 cals above.

If the goal is looking good, then "bulking" won't do that for you since most of the weight gain will be fat.

I am trying to cut, let me know what you guys think about my daily diet:

5 egg whites 1 whole egg 1 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 scoop of protein
banana and 1 cup of almonds
spinach salad w/ olives, 1 can of tuna, and fat free italian dressing
string cheese
(post workout)
two chicken breast and vegetable
protein shake

Back
Top Bottom