T-Mobile Project Dark- $50 Unlimited Everything Plan!? UPDATE: IT'S UP!!! T-Mobile.com!!!

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by hollakid18

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

So iim currently on tmo with a bb paying like $90 a month on flexpay. If I switch to the 500mins/unlimited txt and unlimited data for blackberry how much will that be?? Any help would be appreciated.

IMAG0007-1024x608.jpg

^^^ That cant be any clearer.

Doesnt help me at all unless in went to the pre_pay......and even then, im only saving $5 a month.

My wife has the $50 loyalty with the $35 data/text... i have 1000 anytime for $39.99 and $35 for data/text.....$75 and $85 a month is better than what they are offering with the 2 year contract.

Weak......Very weak.

So then dont sign a contract and get the unlimited everything family plan for $139.99.
$75+$85=160. $139.99 >>>> $160. Its not rocket science
grin.gif
Anyone reading what i put would realize that im already in a contract.....Its not rocket science.
eyes.gif
EVERYONE who's already a customer will be forced to switch over. At that time you will be able to decide if you would like a contract or not. Can you understand that?
wink.gif
Nowheredid you say you were in a contract. Just because you have a plan doesnt automatically mean your in a contract my genius.

Wait, so we can all get new phones?

They're going to recognize the years we've been with them though right?

Will you have the cancellation hookup?

So iim currently on tmo with a bb paying like $90 a month on flexpay. If I switch to the 500mins/unlimited txt and unlimited data for blackberry how much will that be?? Any help would be appreciated.

IMAG0007-1024x608.jpg

Doesnt help me at all unless in went to the pre_pay......and even then, im only saving $5 a month.

My wife has the $50 loyalty with the $35 data/text... i have 1000 anytime for $39.99 and $35 for data/text.....$75 and $85 a month is better than what they are offering with the 2 year contract.

Weak......Very weak.

So then dont sign a contract and get the unlimited everything family plan for $139.99.
grin.gif
Anyone reading what i put would realize that im already in a contract.....Its not rocket science.
eyes.gif
EVERYONE who's already a customer will be forced to switch over. At that time you will be able to decide if you would like a contract or not. Can you understand that?
wink.gif
Nowhere did you say you were in a contract. Just because you have a plan doesnt automatically mean your in a contract my genius.
I just signed a contract 3 months ago, so your saying that I'm going to be forced to pick one of these plans, or I can opt for a no-contractdeal??? Im kinda confused...

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I was expectin better deals.
eyes.gif
Don't see any mention of unlimited minutes or how much extra it would be per line w/ the family plan

500 minutes + unlimited nights/weekends + unlimited m2m for $29.99 w/ No contract
Unlimited minutes + unlimited text/mms + unlimited internet for $79.99 w/ No contract

Are you seriously complaining? Were you expecting free????
laugh.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
well since sprint offers unlimited data/text/gps/sprint tv/ and free calling to all mobile phones and night and weekend minutes start at 7 for $70 a month and actually has a good 3g network and phone signal...then yes i would expect more...especially since the initial rumors said $50 unlimited everything......and not to mention these phones are not subsidized at all so any good device will be $500 or more.....so i imagine the 2 year contract prices will be more expensive per month...so really this isnt the greatest deal...still better than att but i dont see why anyone would switch over from sprint especially since tmobiles phones are not the greatest
Lets not forget that only includes 450 minutes. I dont know ONE person with a cell phone that pass up going from 450 to unlimited for only $10. Also a 2yr contract is required. CDMA is dead technology. Sprint, the company itself is up for sale. The only thing coming outta Sprint that I like is the Hero. As far as T-Mobile phones...
G1. MyTouch, Touch Pro 2, Moto Cliq, BB 9700, N900 (coming soon), Behold II (coming soon), Touch HD2 (coming soon), And T-Mobile Tap (coming soon). Q4 for TMo should be bad, much better than what they had last year.
450 anytime minutes before 7 pm from monday to friday ...between that time frame how many people do you really call on a landline? everyone i knowhas a cell phone...hell even my grandmother has one....if your calling landline phones all day then yea maybe it is a better deal.....and also the g1 and mytouch are not better than the hero and neither even have 3.5 mm jacks...and neither does the tmobile tp2 and sprints does....and the cliq is a phone with oldoutdated internals for 13 year olds....no phone on tmobile is better than the pre....and yea the n900 is a dope phone but the phone is $650....but not all thedetails of these plans are out yet so i will wait till all the info is out for a final judgment....but from what ive read so far it doesent sound worth it toswitch

eyes.gif
Don't see any mention of unlimited minutes or how much extra it would be per line w/ the family plan

500 minutes + unlimited nights/weekends + unlimited m2m for $29.99 w/ No contract
Unlimited minutes + unlimited text/mms + unlimited internet for $79.99 w/ No contract

laugh.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
well since sprint offers unlimited data/text/gps/sprint tv/ and free calling to all mobile phones and night and weekend minutes start at 7 for $70 a month and actually has a good 3g network and phone signal...then yes i would expect more...especially since the initial rumors said $50 unlimited everything......and not to mention these phones are not subsidized at all so any good device will be $500 or more.....so i imagine the 2 year contract prices will be more expensive per month...so really this isnt the greatest deal...still better than att but i dont see why anyone would switch over from sprint especially since tmobiles phones are not the greatest
Lets not forget that only includes 450 minutes. I dont know ONE person with a cell phone that pass up going from 450 to unlimited for only $10. Also a 2yr contract is required. CDMA is dead technology. Sprint, the company itself is up for sale. The only thing coming outta Sprint that I like is the Hero. As far as T-Mobile phones...
G1. MyTouch, Touch Pro 2, Moto Cliq, BB 9700, N900 (coming soon), Behold II (coming soon), Touch HD2 (coming soon), And T-Mobile Tap (coming soon). Q4 for TMo should be bad, much better than what they had last year.
450 anytime minutes before 7 pm from monday to friday ...between that time frame how many people do you really call on a landline? everyone i know has a cell phone...hell even my grandmother has one....if your calling landline phones all day then yea maybe it is a better deal.....and also the g1 and my touch are not better than the hero and neither even have 3.5 mm jacks...and neither does the tmobile tp2 and sprints does....and the cliq is a phone with old outdated internals for 13 year olds....no phone on tmobile is better than the pre....and yea the n900 is a dope phone but the phone is $650....but not all the details of these plans are out yet so i will wait till all the info is out for a final judgment....but from what ive read so far it doesent sound worth it to switch
I agree 100%

I am on Sprint and their mobile any time is a blessing as I rarely call people who dont have a cell phone. Not to mention Tmobile service is extremely spottywhere I stay at and Sprint has a better phone selection IMO.

I thought the whole point of Project Dark was for Tmobile to try and make the jump from 4th to 3rd as I was reading on other sites but these plans wont do it.It is as if they are attacking AT&T and Verizon for pricing. However before you go after #1 or #2 you gotta pass #3

They have no answer to Sprint's any mobile any time. AT&T has a better phone selection (subjective, obviously), and Verizon has the better network

Tmobile will have no trouble keeping their customers but I cant see them stealing away many other customers either.

IMAG0007-1024x608.jpg

Weak......Very weak.

grin.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif
Nowhere did you say you were in a contract. Just because you have a plan doesnt automatically mean your in a contract my genius.
Who said anything about MAKING people switch to new plans?

Why would i want pre-paid??? If you dont have a contract, then you dont qualify for upgrades.....is that correct??? Which in 2 years, i WILL want no matterwhat phone i have, so i would rather stay on the contract instead of having to pay $400 for a phone i want when im tired of the one i have, thats stupid.

So i can get out of my flex pay plan or whatever im on now Sunday and sign up for the 79.99 unlimited everything for my g1?

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
450 anytime minutes before 7 pm from monday to friday ...between that time frame how many people do you really call on a landline? everyone i know has a cell phone...hell even my grandmother has one....if your calling landline phones all day then yea maybe it is a better deal.....and also the g1 and my touch are not better than the hero and neither even have 3.5 mm jacks...and neither does the tmobile tp2 and sprints does....and the cliq is a phone with old outdated internals for 13 year olds....no phone on tmobile is better than the pre....and yea the n900 is a dope phone but the phone is $650....but not all the details of these plans are out yet so i will wait till all the info is out for a final judgment....but from what ive read so far it doesent sound worth it to switch
They dont have integrated 3.5mm jacks because they come with micro-usb adapters so you can use your favorite headphones and still be able to talkon them. So for the people who go out and spend 3bills on Beats by Dre headphone, they and use them to make phone calls too. The Hero rom is NICE. Cant lieabout that. But its only the sense UI. The reason Sense isnt on the MyTouch and G1 is because those are Google branded phones and they only run Google Androidout the box. You can always flash a Hero rom on it tho, I done it quite a few times. WM 6.5 has sense now too so its nothing special anymore. The new MyTouchwill come with a 3.5mm headset jack and comes with 16GB out the box
pimp.gif
. My biggest problem with Sprint isnt their plans or their service or Nextel (lets not get started on Nextel
laugh.gif
), its CDMA. I have more phones than I have phone numbers so Im constantlyswitching phones. I could never imagine calling customer service at 2am because I feel like using my P990 instead of my Touch Pro 2. Which brings me toanother point, you can ONLY use the phones they tell you, you can use. I love unbranded unlocked phones. They're normally not watered down by the serviceproviders and are fully customizable without carrier limitations. Thats never a possibility on Sprint or Verizon for that matter.

Eh,
I pay a little less than $60 for 1000 anytime min, unlimited text, nights&weekends, and T'zones data with the iphone
smokin.gif

looks like I'm gonna be sticking with that
smile.gif

IMAG0007-1024x608.jpg

Weak......Very weak.

grin.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

Why would i want pre-paid??? If you dont have a contract, then you dont qualify for upgrades.....is that correct??? Which in 2 years, i WILL want no matter what phone i have, so i would rather stay on the contract instead of having to pay $400 for a phone i want when im tired of the one i have, thats stupid.
Reading comprehension FTW. No contract isnt prepaid. Its service, without a contract. Thus the name, no contract.

IMAG0007-1024x608.jpg

Weak......Very weak.

grin.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

Why would i want pre-paid??? If you dont have a contract, then you dont qualify for upgrades.....is that correct??? Which in 2 years, i WILL want no matter what phone i have, so i would rather stay on the contract instead of having to pay $400 for a phone i want when im tired of the one i have, thats stupid.
Reading comprehension FTW. No contract isnt prepaid. Its service, without a contract. Thus the name, no contract.

You didnt answer my question.......They only upgrade your phone if you extend the contract another 2 years..........are they going to upgrade the phone if imon a "No contract" plan and give me the discounted price??

And it might as well be pre-paid if its not a contract..........If thats the case then they might as well get rid of contracts all together if its cheaper. There is no way in hell you can tell me that that makes sense (Other than the fact that they MAKE you pay FULL price with the "No contract" phones,which is not really what i want)

EDIT*** I also asked if they will MAKE you change or give you the option......what i have right now on my contract is better thatn what they have.......I DONTNEED UNLIMITED, but my wife does.....and i only use about 300 minutes a month and their SMALLEST is $79.99, which is STILL $5 more than what i am paying now.

Its just that this is supposed to be wayy better than other companies, when its going up for current customers, no matter how you look at it.......weather thecontract is going up or you gotta pay full price for the phone.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Wait, so we can all get new phones?

They're going to recognize the years we've been with them though right?

Will you have the cancellation hookup
nerd.gif

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]paypal ready.[/color]

IMAG0007-1024x608.jpg

Weak......Very weak.

grin.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

You didnt answer my question.......They only upgrade your phone if you extend the contract another 2 years..........are they going to upgrade the phone if im on a "No contract" plan and give me the discounted price??

And it might as well be pre-paid if its not a contract..........If thats the case then they might as well get rid of contracts all together if its cheaper. There is no way in hell you can tell me that that makes sense (Other than the fact that they MAKE you pay FULL price with the "No contract" phones, which is not really what i want)

EDIT*** I also asked if they will MAKE you change or give you the option......what i have right now on my contract is better thatn what they have.......I DONT NEED UNLIMITED, but my wife does.....and i only use about 300 minutes a month and their SMALLEST is $79.99, which is STILL $5 more than what i am paying now.

Its just that this is supposed to be wayy better than other companies, when its going up for current customers, no matter how you look at it.......weather the contract is going up or you gotta pay full price for the phone.
They will force you. Your wife and keep unlimited, save $5/mo and you can go to 500 mins + text/data, save $15/mo. $20/mo = $480 over 2yrs.

Prepaid and no contract is two totally different things. You can run out the duration of your contract and continue service but that doesnt make you prepaid.

Discounts are only available if you sign a contract. But if you choose not you, you have 20 months to pay off the phone, little by little w/ no interest orfees.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
They dont have integrated 3.5mm jacks because they come with micro-usb adapters so you can use your favorite headphones and still be able to talk on them. So for the people who go out and spend 3bills on Beats by Dre headphone, they and use them to make phone calls too. The Hero rom is NICE. Cant lie about that. But its only the sense UI. The reason Sense isnt on the MyTouch and G1 is because those are Google branded phones and they only run Google Android out the box. You can always flash a Hero rom on it tho, I done it quite a few times. WM 6.5 has sense now too so its nothing special anymore. The new MyTouch will come with a 3.5mm headset jack and comes with 16GB out the box
pimp.gif
. My biggest problem with Sprint isnt their plans or their service or Nextel (lets not get started on Nextel
laugh.gif
), its CDMA. I have more phones than I have phone numbers so Im constantly switching phones. I could never imagine calling customer service at 2am because I feel like using my P990 instead of my Touch Pro 2. Which brings me to another point, you can ONLY use the phones they tell you, you can use. I love unbranded unlocked phones. They're normally not watered down by the service providers and are fully customizable without carrier limitations. Thats never a possibility on Sprint or Verizon for that matter.
i agree with you...i really wish sprint was gsm...

3 questions:

A) Does "FlexPay" "Month to Month" qualify for the $79.99 unlimited everything plan?

B) Does "FlexPay"" Month to Month" qualify for the phone financing offer as well?

C) Does anybody know if the Blackberry 9700 will have VVM? (Visual Voicemail)

Thank You NT..............

I thought I read before that current plans/prices would be grandfathered after Project Dark rolled out. So you wouldn't be forced to upgrade unless youwanted to. Is there confirmation that they will force you to the new plans?

Originally Posted by djkaos23

I get everything you guys are saying but i want to get tmobile only to get a iphone. let's say i want that unlimited mins/texts/mms/internet for 79.99 NO CONTRACT I have to Purchase a Phone at retail price??? Only then to switch it over to a iphone. I lose because im paying for a phone i dont want.

Hope that made sense. Help me out
Nope, not if you already have a phone. Just cop a plan and walk out the door.
thats the thing i dont have a phone that would work on the tmobile network. Ive been on bost only because it was in my budget to have that at thetime but my hours at work are increased so i make more money thus i want to get another phone, (Iphone). I need to cop a phone (anyone old/new ) go to tmobileand have it activated by getting one of these plans then switch the sims card over to the iphone correct???

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I thought I read before that current plans/prices would be grandfathered after Project Dark rolled out. So you wouldn't be forced to upgrade unless you wanted to. Is there confirmation that they will force you to the new plans?

i heard someone say that they would cancel all contracts and would give you the option of staying without a contract or upgrading, if this is true then i wouldupgrade and then stay without a contract until the HD or N900 drops it would be a win win

what if we sign an agreement now to get a cheaper phone, since we know on the 25th well be able to cancel free hahaaaa

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I thought I read before that current plans/prices would be grandfathered after Project Dark rolled out. So you wouldn't be forced to upgrade unless you wanted to. Is there confirmation that they will force you to the new plans?

you won't be forced to change to a new plan. You can stay on your current plan if you'd like and it's grandfathered. Also, we were told today thatif lets say you upgraded two months ago. If you switch to the even more plan you still can't get a full discount until your are eligible. This could changein the future.

From what dude is saying........If you go to the contract, you will get discounted phones but the monthly price is more......if you get the non contract phone,then its regular price for the phone and cheaper than a contract but they will give you 20 months to pay off the regular price of the phone, which will end upmaking your non-contract the same amount as a regular contract because of the monthly amount for the phone. (In my case anyway.....its $40 cheaper for thefamily plan with no contract than it is WITH a contract and only one of our phones is messed up right now and if you think about it, most nicer phones areanywhere from 400-500, which would be about 20-25 a month.)

Back
Top Bottom