T-Mobile Project Dark- $50 Unlimited Everything Plan!? UPDATE: IT'S UP!!! T-Mobile.com!!!

What happens if I'm out of contract already?

When I want to get a new phone (i.e. BB 9700), will I be made to switch to one of the new plans or will my current plan be grandfathered in? I'm perfectlyhappy with my current setup, so I really don't want to do all this extra #%$$ if I don't have to.

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I thought I read before that current plans/prices would be grandfathered after Project Dark rolled out. So you wouldn't be forced to upgrade unless you wanted to. Is there confirmation that they will force you to the new plans?

you won't be forced to change to a new plan. You can stay on your current plan if you'd like and it's grandfathered. Also, we were told today that if lets say you upgraded two months ago. If you switch to the even more plan you still can't get a full discount until your are eligible. This could change in the future.
Thanks that's what I thought, hollakid was confusing.

Appreciate all the help though. Hopefully it's more clear once things are officially introduced and then T-Mobile reps can answer all these questionsofficially

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

What happens if I'm out of contract already?

When I want to get a new phone (i.e. BB 9700), will I be made to switch to one of the new plans or will my current plan be grandfathered in? I'm perfectly happy with my current setup, so I really don't want to do all this extra #%$$ if I don't have to.
Thats what i said but there is an authorized dealer or a tmobile employee that replied on here and he said they are going to FORCE you to changeyour service to one of the options that are available.

We`ll just have to wait till monday and see.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

t-mobile_project_dark_leak_1-540x320.jpg

Here's the contract 1/2
why wouldnt they offer something = or lower to sprints simply everything data plan?....whos gonna pay 80$ for 50 extra minutes but give up thefree mobile calling to any network for 70$.......if they made the plan 65$ than that would be different.....they better offer feature phones for free or closeto free

really thought this was gonna be more.... this dont force people to switch over...

alotta hype for nothin... smh.... guess i'm stuck w/ sprint till SOMEBODY comes along and challenges their prices...

Originally Posted by lysolflow

really thought this was gonna be more.... this dont force people to switch over...

alotta hype for nothin... smh.... guess i'm stuck w/ sprint till SOMEBODY comes along and challenges their prices...
The thing about tmobile is that this doesnt make you have the service for 2 years.....especially right now, someone may loose their job and willhave to pay allot to cancel, when with the no contract service (Which is oddly enough, cheaper than a contract) you can cancel without any recourse, unless ofcourse you are paying per month for the phone if you went that route.

I already pay $60 a month for 1000 anytime mins/unlimited web/ unlimited text/ unlimited nights and weekends.

I hope they will let me keep this plan.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

The thing about tmobile is that this doesnt make you have the service for 2 years.....especially right now, someone may loose their job and will have to pay allot to cancel, when with the no contract service (Which is oddly enough, cheaper than a contract) you can cancel without any recourse, unless of course you are paying per month for the phone if you went that route.

but still... i'm not plannin on cancelling my phone anytime soon... contract or no contract, this dont do much...

i mean... what, you free from a contract? big whoop... after taxes, payin for them subsidized phones, and all that other stuff, its gonna come out to the sameas Sprint's... plus, sprint got the stuff where you can call any mobile for free... you might as well say unlimited to every damn body outside of theiroffice, cuz that's about it...

smh.... i was geared up... had money in hand to cancell what i got rockin w/ Sprint to jump on this... now when i see it, i'm like
grin.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

The thing about tmobile is that this doesnt make you have the service for 2 years.....especially right now, someone may loose their job and will have to pay allot to cancel, when with the no contract service (Which is oddly enough, cheaper than a contract) you can cancel without any recourse, unless of course you are paying per month for the phone if you went that route.

but still... i'm not plannin on cancelling my phone anytime soon... contract or no contract, this dont do much...

i mean... what, you free from a contract? big whoop... after taxes, payin for them subsidized phones, and all that other stuff, its gonna come out to the same as Sprint's... plus, sprint got the stuff where you can call any mobile for free... you might as well say unlimited to every damn body outside of their office, cuz that's about it...

smh.... i was geared up... had money in hand to cancell what i got rockin w/ Sprint to jump on this... now when i see it, i'm like
grin.gif
Yea, im not doubting that, but allot of people wont look at it like that.

Think about all the people in the "Hood" who will find out they can get a phone without a contract AND get a $500 phone and MAKE PAYMENTS onit...........T-mobile is gonna make a killing if they do it right.

Ive been with tmobile since they were voicestream so, ive never had any problems with them......I had a second phone with sprint/nextel, nothing but problems. but to each his own.

ehh...this plan is weird. I am on a family plan of 3...paying 100+ a month for I think 200-400 minutes a month + unlimited text + unlimited internet for mybb....
Any rate that would be best for me? It almost looks like I should get my own line and pay 80w.e. and have my folks do another carrier for cheaper..

From i4u.com:

Project Dark Fliers (With Catherine Zeta Jones) Go Up In Corpus Christi

tmoprojdarkzetaj.jpg

Project Dark isn't supposed to launch until October 25. Apparently some T-Mo employees in Corpus Christ didn't get the message, though. TMo News reports that several fliers advertising Project Dark plan prices have been spotted in the town of Corpus Christi, Texas. These fliers brag $99.99 for unlimited individual talk/text & web plans, as well as $179.99 for unlimited talk/text/web family plans.
They also show off T-Mo's celebrity support for Project Dark; the actress Catherine Zeta Jones. She can be seen holding up a myTouch 3G and celebrating a $69.99 unlimited talk/text plan. So, does Catherine Z have the star power to help save T-Mobile? Do these new plan prices offer an awesome enough value to lift the carrier out of their doldrums? We'll see, starting this Sunday, October 25.

just saved myself about $20 a month switching to 500m unlimited text/data on my iPhone.. I was paying about $96 after taxes with only 300m so I decided toswitch.. f it

Project Dark basically screws us existing users on a family plan.

My bill for unlimited everything, including Blackberry Web on 2 lines is $164/month AFTER fees and taxes.....and I'm already out of contract.

So I could pay $140 for the same services and out of contract status, buuuuut I'd have to factor in $1000 for 2 phones should I switch and want to upgrademy devices. That's another $50 per month for the 20 month payment plan deal. So I'd be paying $190/month BEFORE fees and taxes. Not to mention thatthe corporate discount I currently get wouldn't apply anymore.

Or I could pay $180/month BEFORE fees and taxes for the same services, but be under contract for 2 years.

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

For me and my scenario, this is Project Fail. I'm gonna be super tight if I'm forced to switch to one of these plans when we want to upgrade ourphones. If so, we're jumping ship to AT&T (gotta have GSM).

so it looks likes the plans are available on the website now

I called 611 and in the end these plans dont help me since i dont go over 300 minutes and i wouldnt be able to apply the college discount

lmao what a joke......the plans in contract dont even compete with sprint....and they didnt discount the phone prices any lower than before so this is an epicfail.....if sprint does a no contract deal then this whole project dark will be a complete failure

Just got off the phone with a rep. Apparently my contract was up in July and I had no idea. I switched over to the Even More + 500 min w/ unlimited text andweb. She kept harping on the fact that if I switched over that I wouldn't be able to get a discount on phones ever again. Not really a big deal to me sinceI'm using an iPhone. I'll be saving a nice chunk of change on my bills now. Overall these plans seem pretty good for what I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom