Tha Mobb got at Pac hardbody vol. Drop a Gem on'em

well maybe not as hardbody as they could have because they never said his name in the song
laugh.gif

but it was
pimp.gif

Hav's verse was aight it had a couple gems in it

but P went in
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Prodigy said :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah likewise, Im tired of rap guys whose f###ts
P 'll shut eyes, and swole up your whole outside
I baptize, ninjas get wet, hit up your backside
your claptized and set straight, put on your head straight
watch out for,
these upstate cats be leary of
new yitty ninjas wit gats wit the walls on they backs
Rikers Island flashback of the house you got scuffed it in (1)
you would think that gettin your head shot was enough but then (2)

Now you wanna got at my team,
you must of been drunk when you wrote that %@! too bad you had to did it to your own self
my rebellion, I retaliate, I had the whole New York state
aimin at your face
at the gate, bottom line off top soon as you came through
shot through, don't even know the half of my crew
I got a hundred strong arm ninjas ready to rock ya %@!
clocks tick, your days are numbered in low digits
you look suspicious, suspect %#%**! is b####s (3)
get chopped up, Grade A meat, somethin delicious
and laced back up, 2 G's, worth uh stitches
to reconstruct your face and learn how to speak again
my Mobb's like a bunch of wild Puerto Ricans
wit bangers the size of African spears
it's warfare in the arena, we turn arenas into house of horrors
its terrodome, when you see my click you need to run behind %@!
you gotta gat you betta find it
and use that %@! think fast and get reminded
of robberies in Manhattan you knew what happened
60 g's worth uh gun clappin (4)
Who Shot Ya (5)
You probably scream louder than an opera
New York gotcha, now you wanna use my mob as a crutch
what you think you cant get bucked again
Once again(6)

1.) Refering to the rumors of pac gettin' raped in jail

2.) Refering to Pac gettin grazed in tha head during the robbery in NYC in '94

3.) Maybe refering to some of the femine clothes that pac used to wear. (like the gold underwear in tha bathtub pic and the tight versace %@!) and the nosepiercing. I'm prolly reachin with this
laugh.gif
. I always thoughtpac was kinda efemanite. and this line makes sense

4.) Again refering to the robbery in NYC

5.) Refering to the alleged pac diss by Biggie "who shot ya"

6.) Refering to how Pac came out dissing everybody ( including tha Mobb) in order to start controversey to get a buzz. and refering to him possibly gettintouched again like he did before.

P's whole verse is
eek.gif
pimp.gif

plus the beat is
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

last thing ;

I just figured out this Havoc line this morning :

Havoc said :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
knocked out the box and got rocked
got raped on the Island, you officially got
kick that thug %@!, Vibe magazine on some love %@!
(keep it real kid, you don't know who you effin' wit)

i always liked that line

but i thought it said :

" buy a magazine on some love %@! "

it never made sense to me, but I liked it

now I know what it means

he says vibe, becuz vibe was giving pac a lot of features and interviews back then and lettin him tell his story

i feel the same, they went in .
of course havoc once again gets outshined by his partner but he still got at em
that is possibly one of ,if not the best verse from Prodigy
pimp.gif
.(hisapostles warning verse is also
eek.gif
)

everyone usually takes pac's side and say that pac killed him with that"sickle cell" line.

but personally i didn't think Pac could go at it with P.

Prodigy is very under rated
smh.gif

its a shame people dont reconize P's lyrical capability
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageEnt2009

pimp.gif
.(his apostles warning verse is also
eek.gif
)

everyone usually takes pac's side and say that pac killed him with that"sickle cell" line.

smh.gif

smh.gif

Prodigy 95-2000>>>>>>>>>>>>Deathrow 1992-2009.

pimp.gif
eek.gif
)

smh.gif

smh.gif

Oh come onnnnnn.... Hardbody??? Really?

A. There's a reason why they're not mentioning his name and throwing subliminal shots out there when clearly Pac called them out in the mostdisrespectful manner. They figure, "hey we'll throw these subliminals out then we don't look like vagina's but at the same time there's noproof really that we dissed him." I think it's the ({}) way out.

B. Can some one please tell me what's the allure to Prodigy? I understand his flow was grimey and the essence of New York street life, but didn'tanybody ever teach this guy how to count bars? Or how about simply rhyming your words...look at this
you must of been drunk when you wrote that %@! too bad you had to did it to your own self
It's like dude is just having a regular conversation on the track, where's the talent in this? And he does this on like EVERY track, and Pis MAD random. Sometimes, I'm listening to him and I'm like wth is this guy talking about, it sounds like he's been kicking it with Amy Winehouseor something.

C. You know why everyone takes Pac's side? Because he was upfront, brutal, blatant, and extremely disrespectful and he straight up showed no fear or mercy,while these cowards are doing subliminal shots. Dude, Pac aired his !*@+ out, like he put his business out there with the sickle cell...That's cold
eek.gif
. He said "Don't one of you N's got sickle cell orsomething?'' Like P wasn't even important enough to remember which one had sickle cell, that's so belittling
laugh.gif

I did not see one thing from your list of points to prove to me that this Mobb Deep track "diss" record was nice. He's resorting to talking aboutrumors like some female, he mentions Pac getting grazed (okay... point being?), MAYBE referring to pictures(P should not be talking about anyone's picturesword to summer jam screens)? Pac wore tight Versace huh? news to me. The "who shot ya" line was the worst attempt at wit and about as subtle as ashot gun. And finally, Pac dissing everyone....If anything that benefits them, so I don't see why this was even worth mentioning for Prodigy.

Originally Posted by petozham

pimp.gif
eek.gif
)

smh.gif

smh.gif

A. There's a reason why they're not mentioning his name and throwing subliminal shots out there when clearly Pac called them out in the most disrespectful manner. They figure, "hey we'll throw these subliminals out then we don't look like vagina's but at the same time there's no proof really that we dissed him." I think it's the ({}) way out.

B. Can some one please tell me what's the allure to Prodigy? I understand his flow was grimey and the essence of New York street life, but didn't anybody ever teach this guy how to count bars? Or how about simply rhyming your words...look at this
It's like dude is just having a regular conversation on the track, where's the talent in this? And he does this on like EVERY track, and P is MAD random. Sometimes, I'm listening to him and I'm like wth is this guy talking about, it sounds like he's been kicking it with Amy Winehouse or something.

C. You know why everyone takes Pac's side? Because he was upfront, brutal, blatant, and extremely disrespectful and he straight up showed no fear or mercy, while these cowards are doing subliminal shots. Dude, Pac aired his !*@+ out, like he put his business out there with the sickle cell...That's cold
eek.gif
. He said "Don't one of you N's got sickle cell or something?'' Like P wasn't even important enough to remember which one had sickle cell, that's so belittling
laugh.gif

I did not see one thing from your list of points to prove to me that this Mobb Deep track "diss" record was nice. He's resorting to talking about rumors like some female, he mentions Pac getting grazed (okay... point being?), MAYBE referring to pictures(P should not be talking about anyone's pictures word to summer jam screens)? Pac wore tight Versace huh? news to me. The "who shot ya" line was the worst attempt at wit and about as subtle as a shot gun. And finally, Pac dissing everyone....If anything that benefits them, so I don't see why this was even worth mentioning for Prodigy.

P was a beast nobody was touching him 95-2000 period. Besides by the time the song came out Pac was dead/long gone so there was no point in dissing adead/ghost man. Besides pac only went after dudes who he knew wouldn't respond(Big) or up in comers(Mobb deep, jay, and chino xl) he didnt go after theGods(LL Cool J, or anybody from the W)
happy.gif

I was disappointed when this dropped. I thought they could've came harder at the time. Song did grow on me though.

Besides by the time the song came out Pac was dead/long gone so there was no point in dissing a dead/ghost man.
The album that featured this song came out after, but this song came out months before Pac died.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

pimp.gif
eek.gif
)

smh.gif

smh.gif

A. There's a reason why they're not mentioning his name and throwing subliminal shots out there when clearly Pac called them out in the most disrespectful manner. They figure, "hey we'll throw these subliminals out then we don't look like vagina's but at the same time there's no proof really that we dissed him." I think it's the ({}) way out.

B. Can some one please tell me what's the allure to Prodigy? I understand his flow was grimey and the essence of New York street life, but didn't anybody ever teach this guy how to count bars? Or how about simply rhyming your words...look at this
It's like dude is just having a regular conversation on the track, where's the talent in this? And he does this on like EVERY track, and P is MAD random. Sometimes, I'm listening to him and I'm like wth is this guy talking about, it sounds like he's been kicking it with Amy Winehouse or something.

C. You know why everyone takes Pac's side? Because he was upfront, brutal, blatant, and extremely disrespectful and he straight up showed no fear or mercy, while these cowards are doing subliminal shots. Dude, Pac aired his !*@+ out, like he put his business out there with the sickle cell...That's cold
eek.gif
. He said "Don't one of you N's got sickle cell or something?'' Like P wasn't even important enough to remember which one had sickle cell, that's so belittling
laugh.gif

I did not see one thing from your list of points to prove to me that this Mobb Deep track "diss" record was nice. He's resorting to talking about rumors like some female, he mentions Pac getting grazed (okay... point being?), MAYBE referring to pictures(P should not be talking about anyone's pictures word to summer jam screens)? Pac wore tight Versace huh? news to me. The "who shot ya" line was the worst attempt at wit and about as subtle as a shot gun. And finally, Pac dissing everyone....If anything that benefits them, so I don't see why this was even worth mentioning for Prodigy.

P was a beast nobody was touching him 95-2000 period. Besides by the time the song came out Pac was dead/long gone so there was no point in dissing a dead/ghost man. Besides pac only went after dudes who he knew wouldn't respond(Big) or up in comers(Mobb deep, jay, and chino xl) he didnt go after the Gods(LL Cool J, or anybody from the W)
happy.gif

He did go after LL lol. And Nas, And Jay Z. And How is he supposed to know Biggie wouldn't respond? I mean he talked about his wife forGod's sake.

And I'll reply to the Prodigy thing with my post months back when there was the Prodigy thread about him being the best from 95-00.
P IS SO OVER RATED! He has classics and yes I love those Mobb Deep albums, but come on, ya'll act like every song he did, didn't seem like the same verse paraphrased differently on a different beat. Same flow and everything. Granted he was a great story teller, but you're telling me he had anything close to the wordplay, rhyme scheme, flow, versatility, metaphors and punch lines, and over all lyricism of a Nas, Biggie, Pun, Big L, or even Jay? P would sometimes even go like 5 lines without rhyming, I'll be listening to his %*#@ then I hear him rhyme deadly with concentration and end it with a "word up son" like it's all good...

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

I was disappointed when this dropped. I thought they could've came harder at the time. Song did grow on me though.

Besides by the time the song came out Pac was dead/long gone so there was no point in dissing a dead/ghost man.
The album that featured this song came out after, but this song came out months before Pac died.

Um.................No. The Album came out november but the song was released until october. Besides if pac heard it there would have been 150 Mobb Deep dissesin a matter of days.

pimp.gif
eek.gif
)

smh.gif

smh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif

P was a beast nobody was touching him 95-2000 period. Besides by the time the song came out Pac was dead/long gone so there was no point in dissing a dead/ghost man. Besides pac only went after dudes who he knew wouldn't respond(Big) or up in comers(Mobb deep, jay, and chino xl) he didnt go after the Gods(LL Cool J, or anybody from the W)
happy.gif

He did go after LL lol. And Nas, And Jay Z. And How is he supposed to know Biggie wouldn't respond? I mean he talked about his wife for God's sake.

And I'll reply to the Prodigy thing with my post months back when there was the Prodigy thread about him being the best from 95-00.
P IS SO OVER RATED! He has classics and yes I love those Mobb Deep albums, but come on, ya'll act like every song he did, didn't seem like the same verse paraphrased differently on a different beat. Same flow and everything. Granted he was a great story teller, but you're telling me he had anything close to the wordplay, rhyme scheme, flow, versatility, metaphors and punch lines, and over all lyricism of a Nas, Biggie, Pun, Big L, or even Jay? P would sometimes even go like 5 lines without rhyming, I'll be listening to his %*#@ then I hear him rhyme deadly with concentration and end it with a "word up son" like it's all good...

I said he dissed Jay and that LL diss dont count since it came out after he died and Im sure he didnt want I SHot Ya Part 2

Um.................No. The Album came out november but the song was released until october. Besides if pac heard it there would have been 150 Mobb Deep disses in a matter of days.

This was on Clue's "Summatyme Shootout" I believe and a bunch of other Ron G, Craig G, Doo-Wop mixtapes during that summer.

Pac dissed people with a reason, Chino was being reckless like a typical punchline rapper and said the wrong %@#$ on a freestyle, Mobb Deep dissedLA(rightfully so though, since it was a response to Snoop and them, even though I'm from LA), Nas was being two faced or something, Jay was guilty byassociation and was defending Biggie in interviews...So he never just randomly went after people on some 50 Cent %@#$, just when he had reasoning...I dunnowhat you mean though, those are some legit names, I mean a Reasonable Doubt Jay, and Illmatic Nas, Biggie....What do you want him to do, diss Jesus?

Pac dissed people with a reason, Chino was being reckless like a typical punchline rapper and said the wrong %@#$ on a freestyle, Mobb Deep dissed LA(rightfully so though, since it was a response to Snoop and them, even though I'm from LA), Nas was being two faced or something, Jay was guilty by association and was defending Biggie in interviews...So he never just randomly went after people on some 50 Cent %@#$, just when he had reasoning...I dunno what you mean though, those are some legit names, I mean a Reasonable Doubt Jay, and Illmatic Nas, Biggie....What do you want him to do, diss Jesus?

Jay-z in my opinion is top 3 but he wasnt !*@* til Vol.2, ask 10 people who Chino Xl is AND 2 MIGHT know, Nas was legit in 96, and Mobb Deep was the only crewthat was repping the east coast with disses at the time but they werent even a platinum group at the time. sO i STILL STAND BY MY STATEMENT THAT PAC ONLY WENTAFTER DUDES HE KNEW WOULDNT RESPOND OR NOBODIES SALES WISE.

^ think about what you just typed there budd

pac was reckless dissing the fugees and nas just because he was the nicest eastcoast rapper at the time.

Pac dissed people with a reason, Chino was being reckless like a typical punchline rapper and said the wrong %@#$ on a freestyle, Mobb Deep dissed LA(rightfully so though, since it was a response to Snoop and them, even though I'm from LA), Nas was being two faced or something, Jay was guilty by association and was defending Biggie in interviews...So he never just randomly went after people on some 50 Cent %@#$, just when he had reasoning...I dunno what you mean though, those are some legit names, I mean a Reasonable Doubt Jay, and Illmatic Nas, Biggie....What do you want him to do, diss Jesus?

Jay-z in my opinion is top 3 but he wasnt !*@* til Vol.2, ask 10 people who Chino Xl is AND 2 MIGHT know, Nas was legit in 96, and Mobb Deep was the only crew that was repping the east coast with disses at the time but they werent even a platinum group at the time. sO i STILL STAND BY MY STATEMENT THAT PAC ONLY WENT AFTER DUDES HE KNEW WOULDNT RESPOND OR NOBODIES SALES WISE.
Who should he have gone after? This isnt boxing. You dont go after the top to be respected. You go after who disrespected you to be respected.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Jay-z in my opinion is top 3 but he wasnt !*@* til Vol.2, ask 10 people who Chino Xl is AND 2 MIGHT know, Nas was legit in 96, and Mobb Deep was the only crew that was repping the east coast with disses at the time but they werent even a platinum group at the time. sO i STILL STAND BY MY STATEMENT THAT PAC ONLY WENT AFTER DUDES HE KNEW WOULDNT RESPOND OR NOBODIES SALES WISE.
Who should he have gone after? This isnt boxing. You dont go after the top to be respected. You go after who disrespected you to be respected.
hOW DID THE FUGGEES, NAS, THE BRAT, AND BIG DISRESPECT HIM. PAC WAS EITHER A SUCCESS OBBESSED LAIR OR A BIPOLAR IDIOT. BUT MORE THAN LIKELY ALITTLE BIT OF BOTH.

Um.................No. The Album came out november but the song was released until october. Besides if pac heard it there would have been 150 Mobb Deep disses in a matter of days.

This was on Clue's "Summatyme Shootout" I believe and a bunch of other Ron G, Craig G, Doo-Wop mixtapes during that summer.

It was the (DJ Clue) 4,5,6 "Goin For Broke" mixtape... Pac was VERY much alive when that joint dropped...*$#* Dre *$#* "East Coast Killa/West Coast Killa" was on that tape too...

Pac is my man and all... But he knew who shot him, he just used the already established East vs West rivalry to in a way reinvent himself once he signed withDeath Row... (not that there's ANYthing truly wrong with that)

hOW DID THE FUGGEES, NAS, THE BRAT, AND BIG DISRESPECT HIM. PAC WAS EITHER A SUCCESS OBBESSED LAIR OR A BIPOLAR IDIOT. BUT MORE THAN LIKELY A LITTLE BIT OF BOTH.
Fugees- very anti-gangsta rap in their interviews plus wyclef said
"Rappers want to be actors
So they play the jesse james (outlaw) character"

Nas- 2pac thought Nas bit his style
Brat- To this day I have no clue but it wasn't like she was one of his main targets
Big- He thought Big knew about the shooting. Whether he did or didn't that's a legitimate reason to beef with someone.

hOW DID THE FUGGEES, NAS, THE BRAT, AND BIG DISRESPECT HIM. PAC WAS EITHER A SUCCESS OBBESSED LAIR OR A BIPOLAR IDIOT. BUT MORE THAN LIKELY A LITTLE BIT OF BOTH.
Fugees- very anti-gangsta rap in their interviews plus wyclef said
"Rappers want to be actors
So they play the jesse james (outlaw) character"

Nas- 2pac thought Nas bit his style
Brat- To this day I have no clue but it wasn't like she was one of his main targets
Big- He thought Big knew about the shooting. Whether he did or didn't that's a legitimate reason to beef with someone.

1. As far as Nas we all know 2pac never made anything close to Illmatic or It Was Written(Style Wise)
2. Brat- Dont know dont care
3. Big- I still think the only reason he went after him was because Big was the biggest rap star at the time besides Snoop and he knew Big had to much respectto every diss back.

I never got Mobb Deep's appeal. I can hardly listen to any of their songs. I have no respect for them, their image, or their rhymes.

But I hope they out there getting money somehow.

this was released after pac was dead, though.. sorry. they get no points for this. pac had the entire east coast shook, bruh.. let's not try to revisehistory.

Back
Top Bottom