*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

the scary thing is we still haven't seen the celtics of the regular season come out to play yet. these playoff celtics are not the same team we sawdominate the east. remember this is a team that went into texas and beat all 3 superpowers including ending the rockets 22 game winning streak, this was afterthere was speculation that they couldn't contend with anybody in the west.

if those celtics show up, then its not going to be as easy as you think it is

also, the last team that had HUGE momemtum, playoff experience, and a HOF/MVP player and HOF coach heading into a championship game LOST. remember thesuperbowl??

The Fisher-Rondo match-up is the X-Factor in this series, I think. Fisher needs to get a decent amount of points every game because we struggle when hedoesn't.

We have a better bench at each position (except maybe at the 3 with Posey and Walton), and we have three starters match-ups in our favor at the 1, 2, and 5.

lets go lakers.. boston already droppin fightin words with the beat LA chants
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Burns1923

I don't understand the hate on Boston.

Is it backlash against hype or because of the top record or the players or just because?

Who doesn't like KG, Ray, and Paul?
glasses.gif

why WOULD you like KG, allen, or parker? not to mention the city of boston's long history of racism especially celtic fans.... why you think JO and Webber rejected trades there?
I can't speak on Boston's alleged "history of racism" because I haven't any substantive proof of it in front of me. In my experience with the city, I didn't find that to be the case.

I will say that it's easy to look at any city and pick something out that's bad news. LA may well have unjust ills of its own. Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, etc.

In any case, that sort of thing has nothing to do with the Celtics. This is about sports, it's about basketball, it's about fanship. These are all positive things.

i remember in the playoffs, yall was chanting "USA, USA" everytime a foreign player was at the line. yea, it couldve been worse, but still.

i remember in the playoffs, yall was chanting "USA, USA" everytime a foreign player was at the line. yea, it couldve been worse, but still.
That was probably during the Bruins/Canadiens playoff series. That's a lot different, they've been rivals for nearly a century.

And that's nationalism, not racism.

I don't understand why the Lakers are such heavy favorites. They don't have homecourt advantage, period. I have a funny feeling this might be 2004 allover again. The Lakers have a lot of inexperienced players to just go on the road in the finals and get wins.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

That was probably during the Bruins/Canadiens playoff series. That's a lot different, they've been rivals for nearly a century.

And that's nationalism, not racism.

it wasnt hockey, cause i dont even watch it

it was when pachulia was at the line or touching the ball

also when pavlovich and big Z. i remember Z saying, "ive probably been a citizen longer than they been born"

The Lakers have proven themselves. They took out the defending champs with inexperienced players and dug themselves out of huge deficits in Game's 1 and 5of that series. The truth is Boston needs to play at a consistent level the entire game to have a chance. The Lakers have picked themselves up after messingup, but has Boston done the same in these playoffs? (I'm not saying they haven't, I genuinely have no clue. Please enlighten me.)

Lakers in 6 but after I depending how we come out in game 1, I may change it to Lakers in 5. This is the best match-up possible for the NBA and its fans. Ireally want to see the defensive match-ups on both sides.
smh.gif
the long wait

Originally Posted by u ttocs

I don't understand why the Lakers are such heavy favorites. They don't have homecourt advantage, period. I have a funny feeling this might be 2004 all over again. The Lakers have a lot of inexperienced players to just go on the road in the finals and get wins.

And I'm sure outside of James Posey and Sam Cassell who have won one, the Celtics have all the experience they need to win a Championship. You'reright, it's 2004 all over again, but instead of the Lakers getting shown up, it could possibly be the Celtics.

I dont remember that, but I believe it. Theres definitely the fair share of idiotic fans around here, but that goes for everywhere. I just hate when Boston issingled out for it.

Th3RealF0lk, get your own damn signature!
laugh.gif
Nah, j/k. Yours is gonna have to stay with one yellow number though.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by curt2121

i would have been 47892572986204375676592 times more interested in a spurs/pistons final series and watched every minute. Now I won't watch a single minute or care at all about the outcome. The matchup doesn't interest me at all and I'm perfectly fine with being one of 7,000 people in the US who strongly wanted a spurs/pistons final to watch real basketball. showboating ftl in this. Can't wait until the ratings are bad and people can't say anything about it.

laugh.gif

The Machine is going to bug RayRay I can already feel it.
Kobe is going to destroy whoevers guarding him.. Rondo? Posey?
laugh.gif

I know Pau's soft and all but if KG's guarding him take him down on the block everytime or do this:

Celtics have played in 20 of a possible 21 games so far, 15 for the Lakeshow, but will fatigue finally set in for the C's? Flying coast to coast isn'tgona help.
Goin' to be a great series even though I hope it's not so we can win IN L.A.
LAKESHOW IN6

Im only going for the Lakers because im a New Yorker so obviously means i gotta go against ANY professional team from Boston.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lakers 4-3

Lakers in 6
pimp.gif

I'm sorry, but the Celts are fraudulent, the Hawks took 3 from them, the Cavs took 3 from them, we can definately take 4. The key is playing consistentlyon offense & not letting them go off on the defensive end. Let's bring that trophy back home!!

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

Lakers in 6
pimp.gif

I'm sorry, but the Celts are fraudulent, the Hawks took 3 from them, the Cavs took 3 from them, we can definately take 4. The key is playing consistently on offense & not letting them go off on the defensive end. Let's bring that trophy back home!!

roll.gif

You mad like Lamar

Originally Posted by InThe617

I cannot believe people think LA is gonna win.

Boston in 6.
the Lakers faced the best offensive regular season team, the nuggets -- they outscored them.
they faced the team with the best home record during the season - they ended that series on the road
they faced the defending world champions - they easily handled them at their type of game in 5 games.
if they can play the best D they've played all year and play better D than Boston - they are going to take it.

This should be an epic series. The ratings will most definitely be the highest in quite some time.

But I'm really surprised that so many people are picking the Lakers to win.

From the start of the season to now, Boston has been the best team in the L. And they'll handle the Lakers with no problem I believe.

Paul Pierce ALWAYS plays well against LA.

Back
Top Bottom