THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Since this past month was bad, missing practically all that I wanted, decided to get something I've had my eyes on and just got them in, love these!
This dude is right. The pinnacles are better than the Atmos, quality wise and I don't know if it's in my head but I find them more comfortable. That other dude will be back when a collab is announced or another round of limited 87s are brought up.
I think the leather liner helps with comfort.

Just copped the Black/Sail Pinnacles along with the Berries. I'm waiting for the other colorways to hit clearance so I can clean up. But they honestly need to quit making these variants and focus on the OG. 
Agree. Less ultra 2.0 and more Pinnacle/og. I get why Nike does so much ultra though bc they sell better with the general public. Easy to forget that heads worried about shape are the minority in their customer base. Just don't forget about us is all I'm asking.

Funny I bought Jade and Ocean Fog and I'm waiting on the other 2 to go on sale to cop.

Last edited:
The AM1 Pinnacles are better quality than anything Nike released last month. Honestly, it's not even close. They were mass produced and are sitting though so you have no desire to buy them. You should have just said "I'll be back when Nike drops another hyped/limited AM1."
the pinnacles are ugly bruh. im not messing with them one bit.

its whatever man. you do you and imma do me.

if your right toe hurt, you probably have a shoe that's half a size small, or just too narrow for your feet.

Nothing related to the cushioning, which I agree that boost is the most comfortable.

It's just that every non-boost release is compared to boost nowadays, which is not only annoying, but also kinda pointless.
its weird because my left pair fits fine. and you're right. I guess everyone is comparing them to the boost which can get annoying.

I guess how we see sneakers has changed over the past several years. before it was mostly on style.. but now comfort seems to play a big part in it.

Agree. Less ultra 2.0 and more Pinnacle/og. I get why Nike does so much ultra though bc they sell better with the general public. Easy to forget that heads worried about shape are the minority in their customer base. Just don't forget about us is all I'm asking.

Funny I bought Jade and Ocean Fog and I'm waiting on the other 2 to go on sale to cop.
The Ocean Fog is CRACK!!! I wanted to cop it first but that Black/Sail was just calling my name and honestly believe it will sell-out if it hits clearance. The only pair I may not cop may be the Sail but I know I will lol

The Ocean Fog is CRACK!!! I wanted to cop it first but that Black/Sail was just calling my name and honestly believe it will sell-out if it hits clearance. The only pair I may not cop may be the Sail but I know I will lol
Yea OF is my favorite. Most seem to prefer Jade but the OF is more me. Don't get me wrong the Jade is awesome too but that OF is so sick. I swapped in sail laces and that helped them pop more.

oh s*** someone just got G checked in here
nerd.gif

Last edited:
To keep it a buck, seems rather hypebeastish to be buying 30 pair of pre09 AM1s in 2016. Where ya *** was at pre09 playa? You coppin hype every 2 weeks when ya check come in or what? Lol
haha na just had a really good year at work so I went back and added a bunch of pairs I missed in back in the day or that I had and beat up. Plus I got away from shoes for a few years so kinda went nuts in 2016. And it can't be hypebeastish when there was zero hype in the USA for AM1 in 2016. There may be a dozen people in my city that even know what a Patta Cord is.

Last edited:
Honestly I wish WILL Leather Goods used the OG shape for their iD. Here's my pair that I named "Henny Thing".
That was such a frustrating release. The leather was on point and the little cow was awesome. Made no sense that they didn't offer a a white missile or any non-leather options. Could have been so sweet if they offers mesh toe and Pendleton liner or something like that.

That was such a frustrating release. The leather was on point and the little cow was awesome. Made no sense that they didn't offer a a white missile or any non-leather options. Could have been so sweet if they offers mesh toe and Pendleton liner or something like that.
A Pendleton insole would've been so dope. All honestly this was the first Nike sneaker in a long time that actually smelled like real leather.

I wonder how the Will leather goods matches up against the pinnacle series in regards to quality?

I'm interested in that as well. The Pinnacle leather is A+ but the suede is what sets it off. Only one I've had close to it is the 03 Shima Blues. Got suckered on the price of those but damn I love them.

If any of y'all on the fence about the pinnacles pick a color you like and cop, you won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom