The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I've watched Gundam 00 last year and really enjoyed it. Which other Gundam series/ movies do you recommend watching next?

Have you seen Gundam Wing? And Gundam Wing Endless Waltz?

None. 00 was the only one I watched. I've searched online and the reviews are literally all over the place. I haven't seen a consistent top 5 list but I do trust NT's judgement when it comes to Anime.

One consistent feedback i've been reading was to watch Mobile Suite Gundam as a second 'series'. I'm still not too sure where to start.

Here is a pretty good review:

Best is a bit vague at best.
A lot of people like myself will say that (at least) Gundam Wing (and the Endless Waltz film) holds a nostalgic place in our memories because many of us was first exposed through Gundam like that....when "Toonami" was actually good and regularly had anime.

This was back in the late 1990s and very early 2000s (damn time flies by).

From what I've seen thus far in regards to Gundam animes consists of:

Universal Century
Gundam Unicorn
08th MS Team

Alternate Universe
Gundam X
Gundam Wing (TV + movie)
G Gundam
Gundam Seed
Gundam Seed Destiny
Gundam 00 (Season 1, Season 2, movie)
Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G
Gundam Age
Gundam Build Fighters

I would say that those series are pretty damn good. I enjoyed them. I haven't seen any of the earlier ones, but I think I'll give them a try when Origins starts since it's the beginning apparently.

Anyway, I will suggest you check out Gundam 00 first (Season 1, Season 2, movie). Right from the get go, you'll be pretty damn impressed. There are highs and lows to Gundam 00 (as with other Gundam series),but overall there is a lot to like about Gundam 00 from the mecha designs, music, fight sequences, story, animation...

And I think out of all Gundam animes, it's currently the most "realistic" (well minus the movie...) in terms of issues that we currently face in real world that revolves around wars, energy, etc.

After that, check out Seed & Seed Destiny....especially the newer HD Remaster versions.

Then go with Gundam Age and then Gundam Build Fighters...

Unicorn too if you have the spare time since it's only 7 one hour OVA episodes. Even for a non hardcore Universal Century fan like myself, I have to admit that Unicorn was awesome.

If you could choose 1, then Gundam 00 it is. Overall, the most balanced in terms of fan appreciation and quality of it. You'll probably get addicted to it from Episode 01.

The only gun dam series I enjoy are Gundam wing( an all time fave) & G Gundam. I can't stand the rest, However, I only vaguely remember 8th MS team so that may have been good idk

I like the ones that have a more mature feel/style. I tried to watch Gundam Build Fighters and I think it was Gundam AGE but they seemed like they have more a "kiddy" feel/style. Gundam Wing/Gundam 00 were sweet because I like the whole stories with the characters, the kids that were raised as mercenaries thing. I like Gundam Seed and Unicorn as well. Gundam G was like kind of like Gundam combined with DBZ, but I also liked that as well.

The Beelzebub series officially ends today with Beelzebub Side Story #6. Don't know if anyone who read the original series kept up with the "sequel", But it's a fitting ending to say the least. :lol:
Im gonna miss the series. Hopefully the rest of it gets picked up for another season sometime soon.

lol I had a feeling the consensus will be Gundam wing. Alright, I'll give that a try. Thanks guys!

My man Gundam/Mecha series, are my speciality. :smokin

Agree with everyone else for watching Gundam Wing next. Enjoy.
8th MS Team is good. I'd watch that before starting Wing because its much shorter and will prep you from a viewing experience.

I rewatched Wing not to long ago and its easy to forget the pilots were off doing their own thing for most of series.

I wasnt a big fan of SEED due to the amount of recycled action scenes but i think the remastered version solved that.

Was never a fan of G Gundam. The war aspect of Gundam is what captivated me and it never felt like a true Gundam series. But its decent in its own right once you accept it for what it is.

My man Gundam/Mecha series, are my speciality. :smokin

Agree with everyone else for watching Gundam Wing next. Enjoy.
8th MS Team is good. I'd watch that before starting Wing because its much shorter and will prep you from a viewing experience.

I rewatched Wing not to long ago and its easy to forget the pilots were off doing their own thing for most of series.

I wasnt a big fan of SEED due to the amount of recycled action scenes but i think the remastered version solved that.

Was never a fan of G Gundam. The war aspect of Gundam is what captivated me and it never felt like a true Gundam series. But its decent in its own right once you accept it for what it is.

8th MS is good, and I suppose it could help as prep, but as someone who watched Mobile Suit and then Wing i'd say it doesn't matter all that much. Most series in the franchise can just be jumped right into I think.

That's one of my favorite parts about Wing honestly, they're all Gundam pilots, logically on the same side, but don't work together and have their own adventures and motivations.

SEED was trash, and is the reason I have yet to watch Destiny, though from what I hear the first half of that is then better than SEED, but declines once Kira comes back into the picture.

In turn, I thought that G was great; a fresh take on the whole giant robot thing, while still keeping the concept of war as a backdrop. It definitely wasn't focused on as much however, and in the end a whole green aesop/take better care of the Earth thing became the center.

[COLOR=#red]Omoide no Marnie[/COLOR] is out subbed for all you Ghibli fans out there. This is potentially the last feature film to be released by Studio Ghibli, so if it is I will be sad. :lol: :frown:

The Sket Dance manga just ended today. All the stuff i've been reading for years is slowly coming to an end... :frown:

Here is a pretty good review:

Best is a bit vague at best.
A lot of people like myself will say that (at least) Gundam Wing (and the Endless Waltz film) holds a nostalgic place in our memories because many of us was first exposed through Gundam like that....when "Toonami" was actually good and regularly had anime.

This was back in the late 1990s and very early 2000s (damn time flies by).

From what I've seen thus far in regards to Gundam animes consists of:

Universal Century
Gundam Unicorn
08th MS Team

Alternate Universe
Gundam X
Gundam Wing (TV + movie)
G Gundam
Gundam Seed
Gundam Seed Destiny
Gundam 00 (Season 1, Season 2, movie)
Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G
Gundam Age
Gundam Build Fighters

I would say that those series are pretty damn good. I enjoyed them. I haven't seen any of the earlier ones, but I think I'll give them a try when Origins starts since it's the beginning apparently.

Anyway, I will suggest you check out Gundam 00 first (Season 1, Season 2, movie). Right from the get go, you'll be pretty damn impressed. There are highs and lows to Gundam 00 (as with other Gundam series),but overall there is a lot to like about Gundam 00 from the mecha designs, music, fight sequences, story, animation...

And I think out of all Gundam animes, it's currently the most "realistic" (well minus the movie...) in terms of issues that we currently face in real world that revolves around wars, energy, etc.

After that, check out Seed & Seed Destiny....especially the newer HD Remaster versions.

Then go with Gundam Age and then Gundam Build Fighters...

Unicorn too if you have the spare time since it's only 7 one hour OVA episodes. Even for a non hardcore Universal Century fan like myself, I have to admit that Unicorn was awesome.

If you could choose 1, then Gundam 00 it is. Overall, the most balanced in terms of fan appreciation and quality of it. You'll probably get addicted to it from Episode 01.
Gundam Unicorn takes place in the Universal Century timeline. It is one of the better Gundam OVAs out there.

As far as short Gundam OVAs to check out:
08th MS Team
0080 War in the Pocket
0083 Stardust Memory
Gundam Unicorn

Seed and Seed Destiny were both garbage in my opinion. They take place on an alternate timeline apart from the universal century, but still retain the main theme of the Gundam series.

When all was said and done, Unicorn was one of the best series (Both Gundam and Anime) that i'd seen in a while. :smokin Story, music, animation, all good.

Also just a side note, I think that Gunfam wing has some of the best anime names I've ever heard.

Treize Kushrenada
Zechs Marquise
Milliardo Peacecraft
Quatra Raberba Winner

Yo that author was on something when he came up with tgose awesome names

Last edited:
For those that read 7 Deadly sins and watches, is the anime still canon? Latest episode kind of feels thrown together.

yoooooooo was that mikasa? at 0:21? I NEEEEEED HER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and since theres so much gundam talk recently (especially gundam wing and endless waltz):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and since im posting those...i must post the all time great.

got me feeling like iyen posting all these.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom