The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Repped. Final Fantasy Zanarkand theme is GOAT.

repped and cosign. played the piano version for my recital. way back in the day...

LIVE ACTION ATTACK ON TITAN?!!

IN.

japan should be the only country to do live action adaptations of anime. the live action kenshin movies were extremely well made, characters well recreated, and visually awesome and fun to watch.

the ghost in the shell adaptation should be from there, not this whitewash bullsht that stars scarlett johanson. i like her, but its like having tom hanks play the last N on earth, word to mooney.

Repped. Final Fantasy Zanarkand theme is GOAT.

repped and cosign. played the piano version for my recital. way back in the day...

LIVE ACTION ATTACK ON TITAN?!!

IN.

japan should be the only country to do live action adaptations of anime. the live action kenshin movies were extremely well made, characters well recreated, and visually awesome and fun to watch.

the ghost in the shell adaptation should be from there, not this whitewash bullsht that stars scarlett johanson. i like her, but its like having tom hanks play the last N on earth, word to mooney.
Nope. Because they have crappy cgi and the casting is often terrible.

Attack on Titans cast would be all white save for Mikasa who is half Asian snd half white. While true that Hollywood white washed characters all the time, Japanese films do the opposite( mainly out of necessity rather than having bankable stars) but it's inaccurate still

Last edited:
**** the movie can they just continue with the anime got damn, this manga once a month nonsense is not gonna cut it :smh:

Attack on Titans cast would be all white save for Mikasa who is half Asian and half white. While true that Hollywood white washed characters all the time, Japanese films do the opposite( mainly out of necessity rather than having bankable stars) but it's inaccurate still
That's my main gripe with the trailer. Eren is supposed to be German I think. One day we'll get a true adaptation where everyone is who they're supposed to be. :lol:

Attack on Titans cast would be all white save for Mikasa who is half Asian and half white. While true that Hollywood white washed characters all the time, Japanese films do the opposite( mainly out of necessity rather than having bankable stars) but it's inaccurate still
That's my main gripe with the trailer. Eren is supposed to be German I think. One day we'll get a true adaptation where everyone is who they're supposed to be. :lol:
they're all mainly European inspired. But for me it was armin. He's suppsoed to be s meek kid who's blonde. But he looks just like eren in this.

LOL at this all Asian cast

The only canonical asian is Mikasa and she's only half. Her last name is ******* Ackerman :lol:

The same as L, who is a British detective, being played by a goth Asian.

But we gotta remember that this isn't Hollywood. Theres no pool of white actors that know Japanese

im hesitant for america to do ANYTHING with anime movies at all. look what they did to street fighter (not technically an anime), and dragonball z (it still hurts). look what they did to avatar last airbender! they didnt even get the NAMES right! im sorry, leave adaptations to japan

Damn late to the Gundam talk.

Gundam Wing was the third anime series I've watched next to Dragonball and Dragonball Z and still in my top 10.

Endless Waltz is my favorite movie. I still remember the goosebumps I got as a kid when I saw Heero climb into his WIng Zero thinking it was about to go down. 
pimp.gif

im hesitant for america to do ANYTHING with anime movies at all. look what they did to street fighter (not technically an anime), and dragonball z (it still hurts). look what they did to avatar last airbender! they didnt even get the NAMES right! im sorry, leave adaptations to japan
It depends on certain anime. Like I think Fullnetal alchemist and AoT would be much better suited for Hollywood than DBZ, naruto or something like yuyu Hakushi etc

Because FMA and AoT are more booky and less Japan-y/ anime if that makes sense. By "book-y" I mean you could read a novelization of them and it would work. Where as having DBZ novelized doesn't work imo. You need to see it. To watch it

My hero academia is too lit right now 
Izuku is gonna make Shoutu use his his left side in there next fight i'm sure of it. I wonder how Ochako is gonna use her zero g against Katsuki
It feels so weird reading a manga on a monday while every else waits for a thursday release

and finally the finale of tokyo ghoul root a is this week and until it got animated i never realized who the second owl was

Izuku is gonna make Shoutu use his his left side in there next fight i'm sure of it. I wonder how Ochako is gonna use her zero g against Katsuki
It feels so weird reading a manga on a monday while every else waits for a thursday release

and finally the finale of tokyo ghoul root a is this week and until it got animated i never realized who the second owl was
Really? I thought it was kinda obvious.

I see all this gundam talk and man am i late to the party 

Even though G gundam wasn't as good as gundam wing you gotta love the fact that it gave us this

All this music being posted makes me want to try and rate the soundtracks to determine which series had the best one

Really? I thought it was kinda obvious.
I didn't realize it till the bandages came off and saw the green hair, every other time she was either playing around as the dim witted author or shortened her height and wrapped in bandages thank goodness for colors

When all was said and done, Unicorn was one of the best series (Both Gundam and Anime) that i'd seen in a while. :smokin Story, music, animation, all good.
yup it had the perfect combination of everything. Best Gundam OVA imo, followed by 08th MS Team.

The OST is one of the best I've ever heard.

When all was said and done, Unicorn was one of the best series (Both Gundam and Anime) that i'd seen in a while. :smokin Story, music, animation, all good.
yup it had the perfect combination of everything. Best Gundam OVA imo, followed by 08th MS Team.

The OST is one of the best I've ever heard.

Nice. Based off of the feedback i've been getting. Here is what I am doing at the moment:

Watched:
00 - loved it.

Currently watching:
08th MS team. The reason I chose this before wing was because it was only 12 episodes. I am currently in Episode 5 and so far so good.

To watch next:
Wing - based off of what NT brothers suggested
Unicorn - I have been getting mixed reviews. People saying it's trash to people saying its the best series. :\ I'm not sure what to make of this.

Nice. Based off of the feedback i've been getting. Here is what I am doing at the moment:

Watched:
00 - loved it.

Currently watching:
08th MS team. The reason I chose this before wing was because it was only 12 episodes. I am currently in Episode 5 and so far so good.

To watch next:
Wing - based off of what NT brothers suggested
Unicorn - I have been getting mixed reviews. People saying it's trash to people saying its the best series. :\ I'm not sure what to make of this.

Don't forget to watch the Endless Waltz movie after Wing. Dope movie.

Wasn't there another Gundam wing series that came out recently that's supposed to take place after endless waltz?

Last edited:
Just found my 20 or so gundam models i got back in like 2000. yall got me wanting to set then up

Which gundum is it when they like fuse with their gundums.  Like they control the whole thing with there body.  There whole clothing turns black when the fuse with them.

Back
Top Bottom