The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I want to watch Hunter x Hunter or read, but yall got me like why if it's not complete or even close to finishing.

One piece is obviously #1 :nerd:

What I have been wondering, now that Bleach and Naruto are both done. Where do they fall?
Also do yall split up pre time skip and shippudden?
(I know it's one big story). I would say post Pain was basically like DBZ after cell games. just throwing stuff together with the buu stuff.
pre time skip = Frieza
Shippudden Akasuki/Pain = Cell
After pain = Buu
Sasuke itachi fight was cool but that's when I started thinking too myself. ok a lil too much. All the Jinchurruki was a bit much for me. I like them having the power and the small manifestation of the beast... but once they started poppin up on their own and the whole Susano fights... i was like yea gotta go.
(even though I like summoning jutsu...but that was a bit different imo.

bleach don't get me started... should've stopped after HM. and even then Should've stopped after blaspheming Tousen and Aizen turning in to monsters.
Did we even learn about the grande hollows?

I want to watch Hunter x Hunter or read, but yall got me like why if it's not complete or even close to finishing.

One piece is obviously #1 :nerd:

What I have been wondering, now that Bleach and Naruto are both done. Where do they fall?
Also do yall split up pre time skip and shippudden?
(I know it's one big story). I would say post Pain was basically like DBZ after cell games. just throwing stuff together with the buu stuff.
pre time skip = Frieza
Shippudden Akasuki/Pain = Cell
After pain = Buu
Sasuke itachi fight was cool but that's when I started thinking too myself. ok a lil too much. All the Jinchurruki was a bit much for me. I like them having the power and the small manifestation of the beast... but once they started poppin up on their own and the whole Susano fights... i was like yea gotta go.
(even though I like summoning jutsu...but that was a bit different imo.

bleach don't get me started... should've stopped after HM. and even then Should've stopped after blaspheming Tousen and Aizen turning in to monsters.
Did we even learn about the grande hollows?

Pretty much spot on. I did like shippuuden a lot at first though. The pain saga was dope to me. It eventually got bad because of the nonstop sasuke dickriding by the writers, and then turning itachi into a good guy was trash, and also like you said the megazord Susano fights were pretty trash as well. Ending was horrible.

Naruto still ranks high in my tops, bleach somewhere lower but still in my tops. Up until the end of soul society it was flawless to me. Espada arc was cool too from beginning to half, the aizen and you tousen stuff was terrible like you said :smh:

I'm up to episode 10 of FMAB

Characterizations are good

Humor is good

Story is good

Fights so far are boring. That's probably my only complaint.

FmaB, I've watched some sad Anime before that had the eyes water.
but one scene particularly in FmaB, had the tears flowing..
I think everyone knows what I'm talking about
R
RIP HUGHES.
I

Personally I don’t think one piece is all that but that’s just me. I’d say imo

1.DragonballZ( Saiyan saga, namek, Cell saga)

2. Naruto(part 1)

3. Bleach(substitute shinigami, Soul society invasion)

4. HunterXHunter

5. Naruto shippuden

6. DBZ Buu saga

For me, Bleach by far and away showed the most potential out of everything with the soul society arc and the future implications. It’s just that it fell apart after. Naruto pt 1 was a masterpiece but DBZ just has that nostalgia factor for me

Side note: that’s just shounen above not my top anime as a whole

DBZ was my show back in the day but my older self can't bring myself to watch those episodes again.

It's just mostly fighting, training, no story. Two characters will spend half an episode staring at each other before they fight.

I will say that the cell saga will always hold a special place in my heart. The first time Gohan went ssj2 :pimp:

Last edited:
Isn't that why they made Dragonball Z Kai? didn't it cut half that out...?

Plus there's always youtube which is where I watched all the one piece stuff i needed to watch.

My personal ranking out of the shows I watched this past month or so:

1. My Hero Academia
2. Attack on Titan
3. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
4. Akame Ga Kill

Man. I have a gut finger there was a 5th anime I binged (or partially binged) but I'm drawing a blank :lol:

Rankings can still change cuz I'm still watching FMAB and Akame

I was so fast in watching MHA and AoT but I have a feeling it'll be a really long time before I get to finish FMAB AND AGK

In a week my schedule is about to get very tight.

We talking about FMAB? Not my personal #1 (JoJo gang all day) But FMAB is fantastic and the best anime i've watched.

On Naruto since that came up again It should have been 3 parts. Shippuden should've ended with Pain, not neutered the Akatsuki and just scrap EVERYTHING to do with Madara, Obiti Kaguya the war put all that **** straight in the trash and every plot line they where involved in I couldn't stand that ****. Make part 3 about wrapping up the Sasuke story (bring him back or end him)

On JoJo part 5 could be soon come apparently these logos have been filed to be patented :pimp:
UKwH1BH.png
FArmHr2.png

Reactions: OTG
Kingdom

This is what I've been waiting for Shin's instincts to fully awaken and to be able to take control of his army. Kayro Ten always acts like she knows everything, but Kyoukai notices right away. I think it'll be interesting to see Shin in this situation. I know he'll probably lead like Duke Hyou and be in the middle of the fighting, but it'd be interesting if he acted like Ou Ki and commanded the army then joined the fight to close it out. This arc has a lot of interesting stuff going on and is moving quickly. Looking forward to the upcoming chapters

Also, I hope we get to see Naki finally shine in the first big battle since he left Kan Ki's army to join Shin.

If you're not reading Kingdom I highly recommend it, especially if you like war manga or historical fictions. Don't waste time on the anime it's terrible.

Last edited:
Man FMAB starts off really slow. For me I didn't really really start getting into the show until around episode 19 and up. On episode 23 right now.

JUST STARTED RE-WATCHING HUNTER X HUNTER AGAIN. EASILY THE GOAT SHONEN. SO GOOD AND INTERESTING AT EVERY TURN.
damn it's that good? I'm barely on the second round of the training or exam and I've already stopped watching. I just don't care for it, but the way people seem to hype it up makes me think I should just push through it and keep going.

Back
Top Bottom