THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Good to see you back in the thread. Them Lows!
You know it, my bruva!

THEM LOWS, bruh! 
nthat.gif

Not interested in the lows right now.  The Perspective is the first 9 I own, the first Kobe to release in my city since I've been here actually, but I like the look and feel of it for casual wear.  I will definitely be looking to grab the others released by restock or resell.  I'm sure there will be a low 9 I grab down the line but for now I'm alright.  The yellow is not doing it for me.

Nah, the gold swoosh looks shinier and there's no yellow. Sole is either grey or ice blue. SHOE LOOKS INSANE.

Someone posted weeks ago that a blk/gold pair might come out later.

well, it's a good thing i live in kobe land.....

stopped by my local footlocker and i found a pair of inspirations (i guess theyre called that?) and a pair of the blue ones too in case i need to go up half a size to fit my orthotics...

View media item 851329

Man those lows... a part of me is like.. damn they look kinda good. But then I see the big *** booty, with that lazy logo on the tongue and I just don't know... The 8 was so sick. And it had that beautiful logo on the tongue with the snake wrapped around it. Not to mention that beautiful shozoku on the heel and the sick *** laces! It's gonna take a better CW than these to pull me towards the 9 lows. Also, the highs are so damn sick they're killin my pockets!

Man,I am loving them 9 lows.Love the shape,style and design on them.Cant wait to see more colorways.If they release like 20 of them,imma be a broke motha motha.

#TEAMDEADPOCKETS

My Inspirations just arrived from Richards.  Not sure about the glossy ankle/heel but man these kicks are love.  Glad I copped.  Look so much better in person than the Blue/Volt ones.

Can anyone post picture of Kobe 9 next to Jordan 2012 with high bootie.
Thx

Last edited:
Really want the Details, but that release calender got me pausing. If the rest of the Elite Highs are coming in the summer, may just wait until then, moving to LA so shouldn't be difficult at all to obtain like it is here in South FL.

Then again I do have some VIP coupons to use before the end of next month...I'll probably end up getting the Details too :lol: that marble is too dope in person.

i don't have much interest in reading 745 pages. but how hard are these to order online? is this like every hypebeast jordan release? or can i wake up at a decent time and just click my way through to checkout? i just want to try these out with some orthotics and see if i can ball in these or if that stupid drop in lunar midsole is gonna be an issue with my orthotics

This is the second pair of shoes I've ever bought online at 5 AM PST from NDC (Had a voucher w/ them). Like you, I wanted them strictly for ball. I knew the Masterpieces, All Stars, and Inspirations would be tougher to get, so I put my chips on the Perspectives, and may try for the Details to rotate with if these work for me on the court. I thought for sure the Perspectives wouldn't be as sought after as the rest, but the IX Elite in general is just a hot item among sneakerheads, and hoopers alike. I'm imagining the Details will go fast as well unless they up production numbers on them.

As far as orthotics go, I personally wouldn't recommend them for modular shoe setups like the Kobe IX or Lebron XI. I use custom orthotics in my XX8 SE and Melo M10, and they work great there of course. The Kobe 8 midsole hugged my high arches perfectly during some very brief break-in time, so I found no reason to use an orthotic with them. I'm hearing that the IX's midsole are the same as the 8's, so they should work the same. If I didn't have issues w/ the zoom bag durability on JB's Flight Plate based shoes (Exchanged and received credits for 4 pairs already :smh:), I wouldn't even look at the Kobe IX as an option to hoop in. That Flight Plate setup is pretty unreal for ball, but just not that durable for me. Also, regarding the zoom bag pops for anyone interested, no I'm not that big of a fatass, I'm 6'1", 196 lbs :lol:.

My purchasing advice would be to gamble on a 5 AM online purchase for the Details, and/or put in raffle entries at your local FTL stores for insurance if you're really interested in them. It also wouldn't hurt to check this thread, Instagram, and other online retailers as I've been seeing some random pairs and sizes show up from time to time for very close to retail prices.

Last edited:
i don't have much interest in reading 745 pages. but how hard are these to order online? is this like every hypebeast jordan release? or can i wake up at a decent time and just click my way through to checkout? i just want to try these out with some orthotics and see if i can ball in these or if that stupid drop in lunar midsole is gonna be an issue with my orthotics

This is the second pair of shoes I've ever bought online at 5 AM PST from NDC (Had a voucher w/ them). Like you, I wanted them strictly for ball. I knew the Masterpieces, All Stars, and Inspirations would be tougher hard to get, so I put my chips on the Perspective, and may try for the Details to rotate with if these work for me on the court. I thought for sure the Perspectives wouldn't be as sought after as the rest, but the IX Elite in general is just a hot item among sneakerheads, and hoopers alike. I'm imagining the Details will go fast as well unless they up production numbers on them.

As far as orthotics go, I personally wouldn't recommend them for modular shoe setups like the Kobe IX or Lebron XI. I use custom orthotics in my XX8 SE and Melo M10, and they work great there of course. The Kobe 8 midsole hugged my high arches perfectly during some very brief break-in time, so I found no reason to use an orthotic with them. I'm hearing that the IX's midsole is the same as the 8, so it should work the same. If I didn't have issues w/ the zoom bag durability on JB's Flight Plate based shoes (Exchanged and received credits for 4 pairs already :smh:), I wouldn't even look at the Kobe IX as an option to hoop in. That Flight Plate setup is pretty unreal for ball, but just not that durable for me. Also, regarding the zoom bag pops for anyone interested, no I'm not that big of a fatass, I'm 6'1", 196 lbs.

My purchasing advice would be to gamble on a 5 AM online purchase for the Details, and/or put in raffle entries at your local FTL stores for insurance if you're really interested in them. It also wouldn't hurt to check this thread, Instagram, and other online retailers as I've been seeing some random pairs and sizes show up from time to time for very close to retail prices.

whoa. thanks for the heads up....

couple things....

i was fortunate enough to find a pair of inspirations in my actual size at my local footlocker about 15 minutes after i posed (decided to go to the store and return my blown out m10s). upon checking that they had the inspirations, i went to the champs within the same mall and saw that they had perspectives in a 1/2 and full size up just in case the orthotics didnt work out.

so i came home and sure enough, the orthotics didn't work. they were actually too long. so tomorrow, i'm gonna take the orthotics with me and try out the perspectives.

the good news is that despite the modular shoe, it actually works. i have a very thin orthotic and the way the drop in midsole has a recessed area, my orthotic kinda sit inside it without much issue.

as for the future releases of these, oh well. i'm not up for raffles and i'm not the biggest fan of 5 am mornings (i have to do that monday through friday. i'd rather not do it on a saturday. but regardless of, thank you very much for the heads-up on how to buy anything in the future.

Back
Top Bottom