THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Might just be me, but this year has been pretty weak for nike bb from a colorway and design standpoint.

No problem man.  Enjoy the kicks.

If there's one thing I don't mind being asked over and over...it's sizing. Being a big footer, I can't even try on most shoes...so it's important to get good feedback about sizing. And searching a big thread like this one for the right info is a PITA. I don't get people who complain...either ignore the person, or help them. It takes the same amount of effort to post a witty comment that it does to post an answer.

I think the a mid wouldve been perfect.I personally cant rock the highs at all in anyway but people definitely wanted a high top basketball shoe which I respect.However casually it just dont look right imo.

I just wonder if a mid em would look even crappier tho.I mean we saw the sample and it was a mid so what happened?

Which material would look better on a mid?

I love high tops. I suppose being a little taller and having longer legs makes them "look" a little better for me, but I just like the feeling of a nice high top.

Got a whole pile of Supra Skytops, the II being the highest and that's my favorite :lol: Also picked up the reebok blacktop battlegrounds and those mothers are HIGH.

I agree. Once I put them on not much different from some other hightops.

The elite high is the best shoe of the yr from a design perspective IMO and will be one of those shoes to be remembered yrs to come

Hey guys. I finally went and tried on a pair of the highs in preparation for the Influences dropping. All of this discussion about sizing down had me worried so I made sure I went to try the Golds on yesterday.

I'm a true size 9.5 in most sneakers, so I wanted to try on 9 and 9.5. Of course, they only had size 9.5. I would have rather tried on the size 9 then I would have definitely known if they'd be too tight. Anyway, the size 9.5 was okay. I definitely had room, but I wasn't swimming in them. Damn, I'm confused though lol.

Can anyone else give me a some advice? I'm strictly wearing them casually and that's it, which is why I think I should just stay TTS and get the 9.5.

For reference, I wear these sizes in other shoes:

Kobe VIIIs - 9.5
Kobe VIIs - 10
Kobe VIs - 9.5
Kobe Vs - 10
KD VIs - 9.5
KD IVs - 10
LeBron Xs - 10

Thanks.
The fitting on this shoe is nothing like ive experienced with other shoes lol. I honestly think they run a tad bit long so that people can wear the thicker elite socks and fit comfortably tts. That being said ive been double socking and it has helped. TTS is a tad big and .5 down is a tad small. I would rather have some room then not. If your going casual, extra room is definitely better.

Here is my wear for the day

how does sizing for EM lows (Philippines, Bruce Lee etc) compare to the Kobe 9 Elite high-tops ?
Same sizing or runs tighter ? I wear a Size 10 in the MP, what size in the EM Lows should i be getting ?

Thanks.

Did you have any kobe 8s? Get the same size that you got for those.

The EM 9s are a snug TTS with a tiny bit more length than the 8s. IMO.

The Elite Highs are basically TTS but they have a tall toe-box which results in a lot of wiggle room. More often than not, people who sized down .5 size on the Highs found they were too tight, and felt the slightly bigger shoe was better.

No Kobe 8s. I wear Size 10 in the Kobe 9 MAsterpieces.

Are you able to go to a store and try on a pair? That would be the best thing to do.

Do your size 10 MPs fit snug, loose, or perfect?

it fits perfect !!

What are some other shoes you have, and what size do you wear in them?

Size 10.5 in Kobe VI and VII and VIII (just went in store to try to pair of Kobe VIII in Size 10.5)
Size 10.5 in Lebron XI
Size 10 in KD Vi

Size 10 in Air Jordan VI
Size 10.5 in other Air Jordans
Size 11 in Air Jordan I due to its narrow cutting

Size 10.5 in Air Maxes
Size 10.5 in Dunks
Size 10 in Air Force 1s

Size 10 in New Balances
Size 10.5 in Asics GLIII and GLV
Size 10 in Saucony Shadow 5000
Size 10.5 in Saucony Shadow Master

Last edited:
Size 10.5 in Kobe VI and VII and VIII (just went in store to try to pair of Kobe VIII in Size 10.5)
Size 10.5 in Lebron XI
Size 10 in KD Vi

Size 10 in Air Jordan VI
Size 10.5 in other Air Jordans
Size 11 in Air Jordan I due to its narrow cutting

Size 10.5 in Air Maxes
Size 10.5 in Dunks
Size 10 in Air Force 1s

Size 10 in New Balances
Size 10.5 in Asics GLIII and GLV
Size 10 in Saucony Shadow 5000
Size 10.5 in Saucony Shadow Master
Admittedly, your sizing baffles me. But if you liked the size 10.5 in the 8s...

Get a size 10.5 in the EM Kobe 9s.

Last edited:
I'm a 9 in lebron 11s (8.5 could happen but it's a snug fit)

I'm a 8 in the Kobe 9 (8.5 works too, just a little too much dead space) but I'd rather buy a size 8.5 or 9 preferably since I throw in my lebron 11 insole on the Kobes.

Jordan 5s I'm a 8.5

LeBron 10 I'm a size 9.

Everything else including air max's, runners, Roshes I'm a 8.5

Saw the Kobe's at HOH today guys they are dope as hell, if anyone is on get fence and likes the highs I urge you to grab them really nice shoe

Would you guys say $325 shipped for a pair of DS Kobe 9 Elite ASG's is a fair price? I've been searching for a pair for awhile.

Would y'all copp for 235?
For 235 I would most likely cop any colorway that I truly wanted. 10 dollars over retail and is actually less for most because of tax. I wish I was lucky and could get some of the good deals out there that some of the guys on this thread been getting. I wear the dreaded size 13 so it can be tough.

Back
Top Bottom