THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
They couldn't market the hyperfuse, otherwise it would totally take away from the purpose of flyknit (which it does). People would be like "Uh... How can an upper be considered flyknit if it's backed by hyperfuse?" And they'd be right. Elite kobe's are basically a hyperfuse shoe with yarn glued on top of it. Looks really good though lol.

As far as cushioning, I think it just depends on what you're looking for. To give drastic examples, zoom would be like jumping on a trampoline whereas lunarlon would be like jumping on a tempurpedic.
The truth right here. They still feel nice imo, but there's something so disappointing about it too... hoping we a get a true knit or woven experience with the jordan xx9

Pretty good analogy with the trampoline versus tempurpedic.  I do think lunarlon has some  spring/response to it though 
laugh.gif
 zoom definitely giving you that better spring though.

Definitely a preference thing.  I like the even impact dispersion you get from lunar and how it molds to the foot over time, but the response of zoom is just hard to give up

Last edited:
Out of the shoes I own I prefer the Kobes EM and Elites. They are both very comfy.

Thats more than KD4, KD5, KD6, Air Max95 (my old favorite), air free 5.0, air free 3.0, and concord low 11s

They do like better in those pics but still to clown like/ breaking bad tent like as mentioned above for my taste.

I guess Ill go slum in some other thread until July.

Actually I still prefer the pop arts to the brazils. Although the pattern can be made much more appealing on nike id albeit for a good bit more coin.

I Think A lot Gonna Regret Sleeping On These ... A Pic Off IG BTW
Right side looks better than the left. But I'll sleep soundly every night until the release of the kobe X when i passed on these.

Unless they get the limited tag. 
laugh.gif

I kid I kid.

So, Ive tried the Kobe 9 elites, and i just cant fade them on the court. Im someone who usually plays in lowtops(yes, even running shoes). Has anyone hooped in the lowcut 9's? And if so, how do the 9's compared to the 5's, 6s, 7s, and 8s?

How would one order the on court performance of the aforementioned Kobes?

In terms of performance the 9 low and 8 are pretty similar. The 9 has better traction, more durable or thicker lunarlon cushioning and a padded tounge.

Just putting this out there for discussion...what are the top 5 Kobe's of all time performance wise? Including the Adidas line

Last edited:
So, Ive tried the Kobe 9 elites, and i just cant fade them on the court. Im someone who usually plays in lowtops(yes, even running shoes). Has anyone hooped in the lowcut 9's? And if so, how do the 9's compared to the 5's, 6s, 7s, and 8s?

How would one order the on court performance of the aforementioned Kobes?
I'd honestly rank the EM lows above the 5s, 6s, 7s, and 8s (and I've had/have them all) in terms of pure on court performance. I never thought I'd be saying that, as I didn't think the EM 9s would perform like they do when we all first saw pictures, but they're truly awesome to play in.

Way better traction (even on dirtier courts) and overall comfort (more ankle and tongue padding) than the 8s and although the 9s are a tad bit heavier you really can't feel it on court. The tongue on the 9s never "slips" out of place to either side of the shoe like the non-Elite 8s do. Heel lockdown is still great even though the 9s don't have a traditional heel plate like the 5, 6, 7, and 8. Breathability isn't much different for me than the 8s, which makes it better than any 5, 6, or 7.

Only "complaint" I have so far with the 9s is that I don't think the laces are going to last as long as any other Kobe I play in. I'm using the Premiums/Philippines and swapped in the navy laces since they're thicker than the patterned red ones, but I think the addition of the flywire lace loops is going to prematurely kill the laces.

Overall I really enjoy playing in the EM low 9s and while I think the new Flyknit Lows look better aesthetically, I'll be surprised if they actually perform better than the EMs. 

1. EM low 9

2. 8

3. 5

4. 6

5. 7

I have one small gripe when it comes to the Fundamentals, and that would be the laces along with their aglets.  Comes off as Nike trying to cut corners, they could have at least came in colored plastic, or better yet, metal.  Perhaps even used higher quality/ more modern laces with some sort of design to give off the impression that they're of better (even if only marginal) quality.  The laces just scream "basic" to me and they are somewhat of an anachronism on such a modern shoe, since the type of laces used is something I'd find on an Air Jordan 1.  

Do the other Elites come with better aglets?  I haven't really seen any pictures of the lace tips.

I'd honestly rank the EM lows above the 5s, 6s, 7s, and 8s (and I've had/have them all) in terms of pure on court performance. I never thought I'd be saying that, as I didn't think the EM 9s would perform like they do when we all first saw pictures, but they're truly awesome to play in.

Way better traction (even on dirtier courts) and overall comfort (more ankle and tongue padding) than the 8s and although the 9s are a tad bit heavier you really can't feel it on court. The tongue on the 9s never "slips" out of place to either side of the shoe like the non-Elite 8s do. Heel lockdown is still great even though the 9s don't have a traditional heel plate like the 5, 6, 7, and 8. Breathability isn't much different for me than the 8s, which makes it better than any 5, 6, or 7.

Only "complaint" I have so far with the 9s is that I don't think the laces are going to last as long as any other Kobe I play in. I'm using the Premiums/Philippines and swapped in the navy laces since they're thicker than the patterned red ones, but I think the addition of the flywire lace loops is going to prematurely kill the laces.

Overall I really enjoy playing in the EM low 9s and while I think the new Flyknit Lows look better aesthetically, I'll be surprised if they actually perform better than the EMs. 

1. EM low 9
2. 8
3. 5
4. 6
5. 7

Amazing. Thank you!

Last question, do the lows also run small like the hightops?

Back
Top Bottom