The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by Xavier

school me on the new 9/11 gi bill thats suppose to be coming this aug..... considering using it (reserves spent more than 180 days active duty)

try to do more active duty before using it. It bases off a %. 3 years active gives you 100%

you will be losing out on money if you use it now.

school me on the new 9/11 gi bill thats suppose to be coming this aug..... considering using it (reserves spent more than 180 days active duty)

try to do more active duty before using it. It bases off a %. 3 years active gives you 100%

Navy Vet Hospital Corpsman 2nd class I did 6 1/2 years 1 tour in Afghanistan with 1st Batallion 6th Marines 2008.

Navy Vet Hospital Corpsman 2nd class I did 6 1/2 years 1 tour in Afghanistan with 1st Batallion 6th Marines 2008.

Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77

meh.... thinking about doing that but im about to get out next year dont plan on resigning....

Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77

meh.... thinking about doing that but im about to get out next year dont plan on resigning....

lets bump this im almost outta here in less than 2 weeks

random thought: do they have nikes and jordans at the base exchange

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

nikes - yes, jordans- no, at least not at the BX in Eglin AFB

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

nikes - yes, jordans- no, at least not at the BX in Eglin AFB

thinking about joining the navy after graduation. i'm a senior in college graduating in december. major in mechanical engineering and minor in nuclear engineering. thinking about becoming an officer to one day be a surface warfare officer working on the nuclear reactors in the aircraft carriers. Anyone know what the experience is like or got friends doing this???

thinking about joining the navy after graduation. i'm a senior in college graduating in december. major in mechanical engineering and minor in nuclear engineering. thinking about becoming an officer to one day be a surface warfare officer working on the nuclear reactors in the aircraft carriers. Anyone know what the experience is like or got friends doing this???

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

sole hows your process going?
waiting game still wont know about swo or intel until sept if im lucky...im already considering enlisted. how about u?

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

sole hows your process going?
waiting game still wont know about swo or intel until sept if im lucky...im already considering enlisted. how about u?

same waiting but til December more than likely b/c my board reviews are in Nov.

expanded my choices to SWO. My OAR is terrible at 40. I still qualify (min is 35) but my recruiter is saying for best chances, I should score 50+ and have my last retake coming up in Sept. I guess what I have going for me is the # of officers that have been helping and vouching for me. She said she has never had a candidate with as many people stepping up for me but we'll see how it goes.

I'm considering Reserves and then trying to get a direct commission (still very difficult) after a few years.

Back
Top Bottom