The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a serious lack of people reading this thread, and an abundance of questions that have been answered already. Hopefully this will clear some stuff up:
  1. Nike implemented a system way back before the DB3's that can tell whether or not you clicked on the cart elements before trying to add to cart. If you are using a bot that was not specifically designed to handle this, you will be caught.
  2. Nike also possesses the ability to track your session, which allows them to see if your order started on one computer, and ended on another. There are situations where this would be totally legit (started on a laptop, laptop died, logged in on phone), and this is where IP checking would come in. You could still have trouble with your order, even if you were totally legit. There's no telling anymore.
  3. If you are trying to use Amazon's EC2: You're already toast.
  4. If you are using any connection out of a datacenter that isn't a university IP, you will probably be caught.
There's no way to tell if Nike is selective on who get a shoe in their cart based on place in line, I would assume that they are. Keep in mind, though, that for any limited release there will always be more people clicking the link at 8AM then there are pairs to ship. Speed is a factor, but it's all just the luck of the draw (or click, I guess) in the end.

Just got off the phone with Meg, she's a real G. Told me it doesn't matter if the purchase I made was manual, my account was flagged for possible bot usage and they should have cancelled all my orders. If you make multiple purchases and only one was automated, Nike can and will cancel the other purchases.

Last edited:
IF THEY WANT TO CANCEL, LET THEM.

WILL JUST GRAB OFF THE RESTOCK :lol:

IF THEY WERE GOING TO CANCEL ALL BOT ORDERS THEN THAT MEANS 95% OR MORE OF THE DB5 ORDERS ARE HEADED BACK TO NIKE AS WE SPEAK :lol:

Last edited:
Took me 2 full days to read this entire thread, including the locked one. 

Great info folks.

Props given.

IF THEY WANT TO CANCEL, LET THEM.

WILL JUST GRAB OFF THE RESTOCK :lol:

IF THEY WERE GOING TO CANCEL ALL BOT ORDERS THEN THAT MEANS 95% OR MORE OF THE DB5 ORDERS ARE HEADED BACK TO NIKE AS WE SPEAK :lol:

For real, she acknowledged that too. She basically said that they know the majority of orders were assisted. My outlook on her is different, felt like I was on an episode of the first 48. She basically ran everything down to me and was like "now, lie to me" "I dare you".

Last edited:
Meg was cold blooded. Right off the bat she hit me with if you didn't use a bot I'm still sorry but this will not be overturned. My game plan was shook so we chopped it up for a bit. She wished me luck on the restock. MEGatron da ____

damn it's like that now eh... knuckles cracking* she should be thanking us for making her job for interesting now. few years ago she probably just sit there on her desk and be bored to death. 

damn it's like that now eh... knuckles cracking* she should be thanking us for making her job for interesting now. few years ago she probably just sit there on her desk and be bored to death. 
I asked her how her day was and she said she had been calling people all day and most were very upset. Said she has tough skin :pimp:

I'm really about to just start flying to Dallas or ATL for releases and just cop in person off RSVPs. NDC is a zoo now. There's no control over any of it, and if they really are canceling orders with no negotiation even with the possibility that they are getting false-positives for bots, why risk it?

If the red octobers are FCFS (I pray), I'm gonna be out there lookin like

finally figured it out. your order number is your ticket number nikes way of raffling..... if i can only get in LOL

The question I have is, when are these supposed BOT restocks going to take place? Has there been a restock at NDC for any of the previous BOT cancellation releases in the last few months? I think NDC is just toying with us here!?!?!?

Has anyone seen/used a .js for kithnyc?

I feel like asics go way quicker on KITH than shoes on ndc.

Man...I'm hurting out here...Haven't been able to cop anything without assistance.. Now they knocking the assistance? 
tired.gif

Has anyone seen/used a .js for kithnyc?

I feel like asics go way quicker on KITH than shoes on ndc.
If its the same one that is flying all over the place on youtube, the auto add to cart feature works great...but the actual js script does not work as its not grabbing the link from twitter.  If someone is a master in js then pm me (us) on what part of that code has to change!!!

I've been doubling up releases to my crib for over a year and got a pair of db5s intercepted and refunded. I called and tried to fight cause it was manual, they told me I wasn't canceled for suspected bot usage. They cancelled for unauthorized use, whatever the hell that means. Tried asking if they could see the pair was purchased on an ipad using mobile safari but was told they'd get back to me. My first order is still on its way. Looks like they might be trying to enforce 1 per household.

hold up? you purchased a pair of DB5's on an ipad manually? i find that hard to believe

I would love to see a video of people getting thru manually with an iPhone/iPad on limited release. I remember on the mobile site you have to tap buy, then tap size, tap your size, and then add to cart.

I've been doubling up releases to my crib for over a year and got a pair of db5s intercepted and refunded. I called and tried to fight cause it was manual, they told me I wasn't canceled for suspected bot usage. They cancelled for unauthorized use, whatever the hell that means. Tried asking if they could see the pair was purchased on an ipad using mobile safari but was told they'd get back to me. My first order is still on its way. Looks like they might be trying to enforce 1 per household.
hold up? you purchased a pair of DB5's on an ipad manually? i find that hard to believe
The pair that was cancelled was added to cart and purchased on an ipad, believe what you want but you act like its hard to believe that an ipad with a streaming twitter client loading up nikes mobile page isn't faster than some genius manually refreshing @nikestore on his desktop waiting for the link and loading up the desktop site.

All it takes is decent hand eye coordination to hit buy,select the size and hit add to cart. It may be a bit difficult for some including me but luckily I have someone in my household thats able to do that quicker than most people can.

The video below is a perfect example of what not to do and my viewpoint of the guys that always complain of striking out on ndc releases.

Look at that and tell me someone with a half a brain and an ipad/iphone can't cop before that dude.

The pair that was cancelled was added to cart and purchased on an ipad, believe what you want but you act like its hard to believe that an ipad with a streaming twitter client loading up nikes mobile page isn't faster than some genius manually refreshing @nikestore on his desktop waiting for the link and loading up the desktop site.

All it takes is decent hand eye coordination to hit buy,select the size and hit add to cart. It may be a bit difficult for some including me but luckily I have someone in my household thats able to do that quicker than most people can.

The video below is a perfect example of what not to do and my viewpoint of the guys that always complain of striking out on ndc releases.

Look at that and tell me someone with a half a brain and an ipad/iphone can't cop before that dude.

LMFAO EPIC FAIL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom