The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Nah, none of the matches today looked all that interesting but I could be wrong.
Thought I'll catch up with all the news flowing.

I was also watching the PS Livestream and they had Kaz on with GT Sport. Really getting more and more impressed with the game and each new build.
Iceland just earned a draw against Portugal!  What a result!

Damn, missed the Kaz livestream... didn't even know about it! 
Eng/Rus was classic England. Strong first half, sleeping through the 2nd.

Pedestrian fan, always pull for Ireland!

Last edited:
Definitely getting everything Final fantasy 15 related.

GOW looks :smokin

Looks like a soft reboot kratos disappeared at the end of GOW3 so he was probably sent to the Norse mythology world somehow

giphy.gif

Marvel Games' new mandate is 'Make epic games,' and Spider-Man is just the beginning
The new head of Marvel's video game group talks about its AAA console future

Screenshot-2016-06-13-22.16.14.png

According to Jay Ong, Marvel's vice president of games, Insomniac's Spider-Man game is just the beginning for Marvel's ambitious plan to bring its superheroes to consoles.

"When I joined Marvel two years ago, I came in with a mandate to usher in a new era for Marvel Games," Ong told Polygon in an interview. "We have a treasure trove of the best superhero characters on earth. What can we do with this to create truly epic games?

"Is [Spider-Man] a signal of things to come? Oh, yes. Absolutely. And we can’t wait to tell the world about it."

Over the past few years, Marvel Games' output has been primarily on mobile (Avengers Academy, Contest of Champions, Future Fight), on PC (Marvel Heroes) and for Disney Infinity and Lego games. Marvel fans haven't had their own Batman: Arkham equivalent. But with multiple Marvel console games in development, it sounds like that's changing.

Ong said there was a lot about Marvel Games' plans for consoles that he couldn't talk about. There are existing partnerships with Telltale Games, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Warner Bros.' TT Games to make titles based on Marvel's properties, but he indicated there's a lot more in the works, some of which we'll hear more about later this year.

Ong said that if a future Marvel Games title lines up with the release of a Marvel Studios movie, great, but "in this modern day and age, that [video game movie tie-in] model doesn't work anymore."

"Things like [games] you cannot under-resource," he said. "You can't not give the development time ... to do justice to the game. We think, 'How do we make the game better? How do we help our partners make the game better?'"

It's not yet clear when Marvel, Sony and Insomniac's Spider-Man game — or Telltale's unnamed Marvel game, which Ong says will delight fans — will be released. But those titles represent a new course for Marvel Games.

"Building these franchises, and building these characters [at Marvel Games], this is that first big milestone from this team," Ong said. "This is a huge ambitious project."

Imagine AAA Iron Man from Sucker Punch

Marvel vs Capcom 4 also just got a new lifeline too :pimp:

Best news

Last edited:
Ironman would be good but Marvel has so many heroes that they could make great games for i.e. Daredevil, Black Panther, Punisher etc.

I need more info on GoW. It looks like a continuation. Him not wanting to pat the boy on the back must be a feel of not wanting to get to attached to the boy because he knows death is around the corner and I don't think Kratos can take that loss again. It looks good.

Man Sony really did just bang out trailers yesterday. Like minimum talking. I hope this trend continues.

Finally played/finished Until Dawn and my god did it scare the **** out of me. Great game and hope to see more similar horror type games from these developers. 

Back
Top Bottom