The pair that started my obssesion !

My fam was broke back in the day and I remembered a lotta kids rocked these in grade school..I wanted them BAD. Moms wasnt havin it lol Got some reeboks on clearance or somethin instead.

But as I got older, got a job, started getting whatever.

These did it for me...

air-jordan-4-iv-fire-red-mars-1.jpg

Damn I tore those up too.

The black and royal blue og Penny II. tried to be like my big cuz and spent all my christmas money on these
roll.gif

The black and royal blue og Penny II. tried to be like my big cuz and spent all my christmas money on these
roll.gif

Space Jam's saw em in the movie as a kid and thought the clear bottoms on the shiny black were throwed.

Plus as a kid I was rolling at how funny the cartoon versions of Shawn Bradley and Charles Barkley looked

Space Jam's saw em in the movie as a kid and thought the clear bottoms on the shiny black were throwed.

Plus as a kid I was rolling at how funny the cartoon versions of Shawn Bradley and Charles Barkley looked

Originally Posted by bigj505

air max penny 1s

This is the shoe that did it for me... My mom always bought me J's so I didn't really think anything about having them until I couldn't get a pair
laugh.gif

But when I walked in the mall on that faithful day and saw a display pic of them I was gone at first sight. Like many others he had taken the reigns as my favorite player in the league so I had to have them. My OG said no because she had just bought the 11's but I had to have them, I did everything around the neighborhood I could, baby sitted, tutored, played ball for money, I got the last $20 from a shooting game with one of the local dope boys I was sooooooo geeked that I ran home as soon as he gave it to me.  As soon as I opened the door I yelled "MA I NEED TO GO TO THE MALL NOW!!!!" to which she replied
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
... But she took me after I explained where I got the money from and I power walked right to footlocker for my size 8.  I remember holding the right shoe in my hand just marveling at it the entire ride home.

Damn typing this just made me want to get that shoe again
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

2h2fpmc.jpg

Originally Posted by bigj505

air max penny 1s

This is the shoe that did it for me... My mom always bought me J's so I didn't really think anything about having them until I couldn't get a pair
laugh.gif

But when I walked in the mall on that faithful day and saw a display pic of them I was gone at first sight. Like many others he had taken the reigns as my favorite player in the league so I had to have them. My OG said no because she had just bought the 11's but I had to have them, I did everything around the neighborhood I could, baby sitted, tutored, played ball for money, I got the last $20 from a shooting game with one of the local dope boys I was sooooooo geeked that I ran home as soon as he gave it to me.  As soon as I opened the door I yelled "MA I NEED TO GO TO THE MALL NOW!!!!" to which she replied
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
... But she took me after I explained where I got the money from and I power walked right to footlocker for my size 8.  I remember holding the right shoe in my hand just marveling at it the entire ride home.

Damn typing this just made me want to get that shoe again
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

2h2fpmc.jpg

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Nike Air Hawks Black/White/Blue the often forgotten Gary Payton shoes

30791_2d5decb670_l.jpg

That was the first pair I purchased with my own money, delivered flyers for two months and I still have the farmer's tan to show for it. Those pods got scratched easily though.

30791_2d5decb670_l.jpg

That was the first pair I purchased with my own money, delivered flyers for two months and I still have the farmer's tan to show for it. Those pods got scratched easily though.

Originally Posted by mkc1983

30791_2d5decb670_l.jpg

If I remember correctly they came with a plastic protective over them. Still didn't help with the scratching.

Originally Posted by mkc1983

30791_2d5decb670_l.jpg

If I remember correctly they came with a plastic protective over them. Still didn't help with the scratching.

These started it in the 4th grade... 
air-jordan-13-xiii-original-og-low-navy-metallic-silver-black-carolina-blue-1.jpg

Really only got started in high school though once I got some real $$$

These started it in the 4th grade... 
air-jordan-13-xiii-original-og-low-navy-metallic-silver-black-carolina-blue-1.jpg

Really only got started in high school though once I got some real $$$

Back
Top Bottom