The pair that started my obssesion !

The Nike Air Up is what did it for me back in 94 Freshman Year of HS.....Penny was my fave player and when i saw him play in those i fell in love....got the for school and rocked them everyday

The Nike Air Up is what did it for me back in 94 Freshman Year of HS.....Penny was my fave player and when i saw him play in those i fell in love....got the for school and rocked them everyday

When I was in HS Nike or some sporting good store donated 100 pairs of Penny 2's to the Boys and Girls club I was a member of. Those were my first pair of really nice shoes. I had other random Nikes before that and wore a lot of Adidas superstars, but the Penny 2's I got for free were the first pair of shoes I really took care of. I played for two years in them and only stopped because I went up a shoe size and they were killing my toes.
I need to get myself a pair of the Penny 2 retros now for nostalgia purposes. 

When I was in HS Nike or some sporting good store donated 100 pairs of Penny 2's to the Boys and Girls club I was a member of. Those were my first pair of really nice shoes. I had other random Nikes before that and wore a lot of Adidas superstars, but the Penny 2's I got for free were the first pair of shoes I really took care of. I played for two years in them and only stopped because I went up a shoe size and they were killing my toes.
I need to get myself a pair of the Penny 2 retros now for nostalgia purposes. 

nike-dunk-hi-nerd-pharrell.jpg

Got them for $20 at footlocker in like 07

shocked when i saw the ebay price at home, started digging around sneaker sites and got hooked.

Got them for $20 at footlocker in like 07

shocked when i saw the ebay price at home, started digging around sneaker sites and got hooked.

the pair that got me hooked were either Sea Crystals or white/ white AF1 highs and also XVs/ XVIs. The staff person at a camp I was at had them and I when I saw them (XVs), I was like "damn those are sick" and I started paying attention to Jordans. Then it was all over from there. I became obsessed for sure in high school.

the pair that got me hooked were either Sea Crystals or white/ white AF1 highs and also XVs/ XVIs. The staff person at a camp I was at had them and I when I saw them (XVs), I was like "damn those are sick" and I started paying attention to Jordans. Then it was all over from there. I became obsessed for sure in high school.

mine were the green grey hurache trainer. w the strap. same year snoop had the hurace runners on in that dre video

mine were the green grey hurache trainer. w the strap. same year snoop had the hurace runners on in that dre video

My parents bought me Nikes and Jordans when I was a toddler, but some of the first shoes I remember consciously wanting were the VIIs, VIIIs, Air Assist (I think) and Air Diamond Turf. I remember going into Footlocker and wanting the Air Assist, but I ended up getting the Air Pound instead
laugh.gif

My white ("cardinal") VIIs were stolen out of my locker at karate practice. I was probably 4 or 5 at the time. I got the black ("bordeaux") VIIs for a replacement. I had the VIIIs too and loved those because of the sparkle flecks that were on the midsoles. I had the black/red ones.

Here's pics of other shoes I had/wanted/got me into collecting that aren't Nike :
BK Knights
Screen-shot-2011-05-24-at-7.06.09-PM.png

LA Gears
l.jpg

Converse All-Star Hall of Fame
n12910490_32613344_1184.jpg

Reebok Blacktop Pumps
tumblr_lpkn4e1pCb1qaf7o7.png

My parents bought me Nikes and Jordans when I was a toddler, but some of the first shoes I remember consciously wanting were the VIIs, VIIIs, Air Assist (I think) and Air Diamond Turf. I remember going into Footlocker and wanting the Air Assist, but I ended up getting the Air Pound instead
laugh.gif

My white ("cardinal") VIIs were stolen out of my locker at karate practice. I was probably 4 or 5 at the time. I got the black ("bordeaux") VIIs for a replacement. I had the VIIIs too and loved those because of the sparkle flecks that were on the midsoles. I had the black/red ones.

Here's pics of other shoes I had/wanted/got me into collecting that aren't Nike :
BK Knights
Screen-shot-2011-05-24-at-7.06.09-PM.png

LA Gears
l.jpg

Converse All-Star Hall of Fame
n12910490_32613344_1184.jpg

Reebok Blacktop Pumps
tumblr_lpkn4e1pCb1qaf7o7.png

Back
Top Bottom