The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Honestly, I just hope he stops in @a blinkin's city
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Word 
laugh.gif

I was going through it when the last tour began. Was legit hoping he'd pop up in the city on some last minute steeze. :smh: :lol:

Finally listened to Where You Belong.
pimp.gif
 . Idk about yall but I F with the sound of a guitar. My main taste is hiphop/R&B, reggaeton, bachata but that guitar
sick.gif
. The ending was smooth

Wait, I keep forgetting the producers for the trilogy are not on KISSLAND right? If so that makes so much sense

I'm always numb to the topic of loving. I fell in love with the subject of sin. 
pimp.gif

P.S. did I get it right lyric police? 
laugh.gif

Correct. But they're back for the next project.
News can't get any better than this.
eek.gif

That sound they crafted is timeless straight up...specially HOB
Yall LOVE to say this but 1) Illangelo didn't even produce half of HOB, 2) Illangelo's production from HOB to EOS was varied as hell, I've never heard this consistent sound some of you guys speak of from Trilogy, 3) Every producer Abel has ever worked with on any solo project has come up with nothing but absolute fire, 4) Doc wrote nothing on KL and that was Abel's best writing.  

I guess what I'm saying is I don't understand the insistence of Illangeo/Doc and the production team from a past era, and three very different sounding Trilogy projects - other than the fact they're ******* amazing  - I really don't get when people say they want him to go back to the production and/or the sound from Trilogy.

Illangelo was going OFF in 2011, when/if he comes back, it's not going to sound like Trilogy, just like HOB, Thursday, and EOS really don't sound anything a like  - Illangelo really doesn't stick to a sound.  And again, I guess I'm really in the minority on this but Kissland production was damn near equally amazing to me. 

I'd honestly equally rather hear a Danny Boy produced project versus an Illangelo project. 

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not saying there is a consistent sound between the three tapes butI mean idk to what to tell you bro, you can tell there is a difference with the overall sound of the likes of the trilogy and KL...

If Danny boy is who produced KL then I'll pass lol. Not saying it's bad it Cuz it's not. But illangelo got the juice. KISSLAND production doesn't sound as good to me at all

Last edited:
Fair enough. I love the production on Kissland though. I trust dude's ear. Honestly my favorite ear for beats of our lifetime especially when it comes to R&B. 

Last edited:
Fair enough. I love the production on Kissland though. I trust dude's ear. Honestly my favorite ear for beats of our lifetime especially when it comes to R&B. 

Yeah Bruh. ****** don't know the weeknds greatness yet bro. HOB is top 5 tapes ive ever heard

No Weeknd on drake's tape is cool with me. Stay in your own lane and let Abel flourish.

No Weeknd on drake's tape is cool with me. Stay in your own lane and let Abel flourish.
Making one track together means you aint staying in your lane? OK

The Zone is a top 5 Weeknd song to me. Give a **** about a lane 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom