Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

Did dinosaurs and man live together? Is the world only a couple thousand years old? Is it possible for the entire world to flood and then have the water that flooded it no longer be here? Is it possible to fill a boat with every animal in the world?
Well the Bible never says the word dinosaurs, but it does refer to large dragons and mammoth reptiles which can be assumed to be dinosaurs. The earth is older than 2000 years, but no scientists can agree on exactly how long or even close to each other's estimations. Not sure what you mean by water not existing. And if you are referring to Noah and his Ark, the Bible didn't say he put every animal in the world on his "boat".

Well the Bible never says the word dinosaurs, but it does refer to large dragons and mammoth reptiles which can be assumed to be dinosaurs. The earth is older than 2000 years, but no scientists can agree on exactly how long or even close to each other's estimations. Not sure what you mean by water not existing. And if you are referring to Noah and his Ark, the Bible didn't say he put every animal in the world on his "boat".

So your answer is yes, dinosaurs did live with man dispite their fossil preparing anything man.

No scientist can agree on how old the earth is? What?

In order for the world to have flooded as discribed in the bible (water rose above the mountains) the world would have to of contained MORE water than it even has.

The whole point of Noah's arc was to save the animals and his family. The bible clearly says 2 of EACH animal. Guess that's when the dinosaurs died out?

Does he now? He hates, is jealous, is vengeful, creates obstacles for his children to stumble on on the "path" to heaven, created a hell for people to burn eternally, has killed thousands of people............ But sets the example?
Hate and jealousy are a result of people provoking Him to that point through disobedience. Even then, it's years before judgement is passed because He gives plenty of time to reconsider and be reasonable. The example is set. If you choose not to obey then those things are the reward.

So yes?

What are you really asking about the flood though? If it's possible for God who created the world to flood it? That's impossible for Him to do?

No the world is not flat. The Bible never calls the world flat and the Christian church never taught the world to be flat. That myth has been disproven.
Isaiah 11:12   
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.  (KJV)

Revelation 7:1  
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH,  holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)  

Job 38:13  
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH,  that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV) 

Jeremiah 16:19 
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH,  and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV) 

Daniel 4:11  
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH:  (KJV) 

Matthew 4:8 
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (KJV) 

I choose to believe the Bible because it is a reliable collection of historical documents, written by eyewitnesses during the lifetime of other eyewitnesses. They report supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific prophecies, and they claim to be divine rather than human in origin.
One more, and this is why faith does not enter a voting booth.

"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.  (From the NIV Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:5)"

Last edited:
Hate and jealousy are a result of people provoking Him to that point through disobedience. Even then, it's years before judgement is passed because He gives plenty of time to reconsider and be reasonable. The example is set. If you choose not to obey then those things are the reward.

So yes?

What are you really asking about the flood though? If it's possible for God who created the world to flood it? That's impossible for Him to do?

We humans can provoke emotion on the all powerful God? How insulting is that? So we as humans hold power OVER God.

God already knows what's going to happen (his design, our fate) so why would he be surprised what's hapoening is happening?

God wants us to choose him over all yet created everything else to choose. Pretty illogical huh?

And what reward? Either you serve him or you burn forever. Not much of a choice. Not to mention you're created with a predetermind fate

Last edited:

One more, and this is why faith does not enter a voting booth.

Show me the last time anything entering a voting booth made a difference
Dred Scott

Brown v. Board of Education

Roe v Wade

President Barack Obama

Now, do you wish for me to explain to you HOW voting made these events possible?

Or do you wish to continue to live with your head in the sand?

I know that you'll feel safer that way.

Last edited:
We humans can provoke emotion on the all powerful God? How insulting is that? So we as humans hold power OVER God.

God already knows what's going to happen (his design, our fate) so why would he be surprised what's hapoening is happening?

God wants us to choose him over all yet created everything else to choose. Pretty illogical huh?

And what reward? Either you serve him or you burn forever. Not much of a choice. Not to mention you're created with a predetermind fate
laugh.gif
@ insulting but OK.

ohwell.gif
I'm not checking back through those pages anymore...

Completely neutral when I ask this:
blastercombo blastercombo

What's the objective for most of your posts?

to add simple logic to certain ideas that neglect it. A God may exist but not in the way commonly thought of. The bible doesn't stop at " don't steal, don't lie.... Ect. If you accept the bible you accept many ideas that are contradicting and often paradoxical.

God is perfection yet the idea of perfection is for somthing to have never been. The only way to have no flaws is to have never been.

Isaiah 11:12  
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1 
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV) 

Job 38:13 
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV) 

Jeremiah 16:19 
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV) 

Daniel 4:11 
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV) 

Matthew 4:8 
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (KJV) 
The 4 corners refer to directions NESW. The Bible consistently points to a spherical earth. Isaiah 40: 22 reveals that God sits “above the circle of the earth.” Jesus said that he would return when people were in bed, working in a field, and grinding at a mill (Luke 17: 34 – 36). He is referring to one moment in time but it is during different times of the day for various people. He knew all about the spherical nature of the earth because He is the One who created it.

Bruh if we're going to discuss this then don't state something I've never said.

That's insulting.
Answer this, do you think you can make God happy, sad, mad, jealous,.. Ect?

Just a simple yes or no would work

Last edited:
The 4 corners refer to directions NESW. The Bible consistently points to a spherical earth. Isaiah 40: 22 reveals that God sits “above the circle of the earth.” Jesus said that he would return when people were in bed, working in a field, and grinding at a mill (Luke 17: 34 – 36). He is referring to one moment in time but it is during different times of the day for various people. He knew all about the spherical nature of the earth because He is the One who created it.
Yup, it does say that, which also indicates that the world is FLAT. 

Astronomical bodies are spherical, and you cannot see an entire exterior surface from any place. The text does not mention anything about a sphere, but you've added that on yourself.

So how do you know that he knew?

Why didn't he tell the people who put together the bible?

Last edited:
Can you do that with your father? In doing so does that mean you believe you hold power and control over him?
Yes and yes. If I told my dad I hated him it'd evoke emotion. Could ruin his day, cause depression, ect. In doing so I DO have power and control of some form over him. If you can alter someone or thing in ANYWAY you DO hold some form of power/control over them

Now you answer the question

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom