Tyrant new show from FX Tuesdays 10pm

I'm all caught up now.

I'm so glad Tariq is dead. Dude had love for his family but he pretty much didn't care about anyone else and it showed.

I actually think that even though in the beginning Ahmed will dislike Rami he will see it as his ticket out because 1. Rami is the eldest son. 2. He is more competent. The combination of both things will allow Ahmed his freedom and Rami his birthright.

Bassaam aka Khalil was on fire. Inspirational speech. Dope escape plan. Bedouin Unity. He doin it.
nthat.gif

Also I'm super disinterested in anything related to Bassaam's kids and wife. 

Once again how is the Caliphate so powerful, I know someone said he's probably from a wealthy family but how did he build up a strong enough army to where a national army can't handle his?  I don't think a trust fund kid has enough money or know how to do that
This is like asking how is ISIS/ISIL so powerful?

The caliphate is the in show analogy. The governments of Iraq and Syria have been plagued by them and technically speaking ISIL controls large swaths of territory.

They even explained how they make money. They pump the oil themselves and sell it under market value and due to little oversight over oil origin or oil paper work (hence why there is a concept of blood-diamond or conflict minerals but no concept of conflict/blood oil) the oil gets into the regular market very quickly.

Last edited:
What happens when/if Bassam's son renounces him and get the $100 mil, then it is later revealed that he is alive? Do they have to give the money back?

What happens when/if Bassam's son renounces him and get the $100 mil, then it is later revealed that he is alive? Do they have to give the money back?
Well if they're smart enough to go back to America sooner than later (which they're not) then they'd have a better chance at keeping the money. Aint like they can just hack in to their bank account and take the money back.

Hopefully his son catches a bullet or grenade before that issue arises.
Hopefully.

1R6GHoA.jpg

I have a feeling Bassam's going to end up with her. Definitely an upgrade from Molly.

What about that look exchanged between the new appointed General and Ahmed's wife..:nerd:

I feel like they specifically killed him off so Barry could smash his younger wife or at least create some sexual tension.

Bet we'll barely see the older wife and mother of the two sons again :lol:

Bassam is going to be swimming in rebel yambs. That one woman he rescued already talking about being inspired by him and she was cute. Imagine when his real identity is revealed, even more will line up for him.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it I know Abbudin is like a dictatorship so some parts are 3rd world status but it's pretty crazy so many ppl don't recognize Barry as Basam Alfayeed.

I mean he's lightweight a martyr for the cause. Only ppl that might know him are those who've met him and that's not a lot of ppl. You'd think his face would be everywhere after the failed coup and "execution"

Didn't look like that village he was hiding at had tv's in the homes. Plus that cool, big beard he's rocking now probably helps people not recognize him. They all expect him to be dead anyway. Once rashid and the journalist's daughter see him it'll be a wrap for his secret.

Didn't look like that village he was hiding at had tv's in the homes. Plus that cool, big beard he's rocking now probably helps people not recognize him. They all expect him to be dead anyway. Once rashid and the journalist's daughter see him it'll be a wrap for his secret.
One of the two will either not see him or end up conveniently dead before they can spread the word.

I know how this kind of writing pans out.

I'm thinking everybody will know Basam is alive when he's named the leader of the resistance and after driving out the caliphate they'll keep going to do what Rashid was doing and call for overthrowing Jamal. Then when surrounded by all the rebels with a camera on him he'll pull down his scarf and reveal he's an Alfayeed and alive.

I just wonder if the new general will be revealed to be apart of both families first.

Also another long shot, is Jamal realizes Basam is alive and tries to play the entire thing off like it was his plan to spare his brother and send him undercover to root out their enemies and then publicly welcome him back :lol: Barry doesn't go for it cuz he gassed the ppl. Then we're back where things ended at S1.

I wonder if this show is going to be picked up for another season. Anyways..

Aww....Sammy's going to get to see his dad again.

Samira :smh:

Poor Nusrat - "The baby was keeping me alive." Ouch.

Not surpised with Molly moving on with the lawyer.

My man Barry about to upgrade to over 9000 with bae Daliyah. :nthat:

CKIN9TbW8AAD9Hu.jpg

Daliyah probably made a puddle on the floor when she saw Basam. Probably made the puddle bigger when she heard what Samira said.

WOW That was ****** up :lol:

Yeah she was annoying, pathetic and became a murderer at the end but to me it's messed up forcing Barry to kill his friend's daughter like that. I mean it's strictly the writing to do that. He had his chance when she shot the guy, he could've took her down then. Son waited it out thinking he could talk his way out.

Also messed up about the baby but that was heavily foreshadowed from the start.

:rofl: @ the new general thinking he's doing no harm but looking like he's making moves and accidentally bombing Barry's resistance. Even that caught me off guard.

Half and half ep last night.

Half great :smokin, half come the **** on :smh:

They nailed all of the emotional and in depth scenes. Dude playing Jamal is shaping up to be the best actor on the show. Son is earning nominations. The start with his struggle with faith, thinking he's being punished cuz of what he's done or let happen (gas) and overall being such a scumbag almost makes you sympathize for him. His actions kind of opened my eyes to this stuff isn't just things that happened centuries ago in less civilized countries and not just cuz he has money and power but the rationalizing of his psychopathy and how quick he regrets some stuff. It hit me like yeah there's still plenty of ppl out there like that.

Then Jamal just misconstruing what the religious dude told him about the problems within, the poison within. It's clear as day he was talking about Jamal but nah of course son is so arrogant that he thinks there's a traitor in his regime :lol: :smh: Son already putting a target on his own bastard son he let back in and made the general. He's already lining up to murder another family member. Rami should heed his right hand man's advice and have that escape plan on deck. Nobody should take that general role after what happened to the uncle :lol:

The reuniting with Barry and Sammy was great. Really emotional and on point despite them not being shown to be that close in S1 but the condo even elaborated on how Sammy thought his dad didn't like him which made the scenes even richer for that acknowledgement.

I also realized they made the two brothers a mirror of Basam and Jamal. One is a crazy nut and the other just wants peace. I see it going the same way but with the crazy one actually killing his double agent brother.

Ihab's anger was on point as well. I see him being a real problem down the line. He wasn't all the way down with the Caliphate and wasn't willing to ride with their nonsense but he gonna double down now. Plus he got even more reason to hate all Al-Fayeed's once he find out who Khalil/Harid (sp?) is.

The what the **** **** I couldn't get over is Barry letting his son stay. Sammy being dumb enough to want to fight. Like now his annoying wife has all the reason in the world to be mad her husband after she finds out. You about to risk your own son's life? You about to potentially turn him in to a killer? C'mon son. That leaned in hard to bad writing to me. It's an absurd notion to consider. Barry should've just knocked dude out and had him taken back. I was waiting for a scene where he just got the money, parted on good terms, and told his son not to tell his moms he's alive until they were back in America. Now this fool talking about he's staying. Madness.

If Barry don't smarten up I can already see the writing on the wall. He think he took a L after S1 well he's setting himself up to be holding his dead son in his arms at the end of this season.

I thought Bassam was going to call jamal's cellphone when jamal was having his monologue and talking about Bassam. Would've been too funny.

Bassam needs to disown his annoying son and call Daliyah's step-son his new son. I hope he doesn't get killed in the next ep.

Barry's wife needs to "go" to round out all the annoying people dying this season.
This season has become remakably entertaining considering my very low expectations.

Back
Top Bottom