Tyrant new show from FX Tuesdays 10pm

Another fine ep.. I'm still waiting for the show to take off and be on the level of other quality FX shows.

Hated how the writers teased the family going back home only to reel them back in at the end.. Guess I gotta be patient with Barry's re-becoming Bassam and ruling the country like the title of the show.

The journalist's daughter is a ho. She might be the downfall of the rebel or might just die horribly and then make the rebel do something stupid due to heartbreak.

Last edited:
Been watching, has my interests. But Bassams wife is a overall crappy character, and an even crappier actress. Almost to the point where it kills the show for me. Was hoping they would have shipped her *** back to the US in this episode.

I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes now lets see if they can keep me interested

this might just be me but something about Bassam is off.

It might be the actor or the acting or the script.

Man..I wonder what critics have to say now. Barry is everything you would want a leader from that area to be, he's not stereotypical at all. I'm waiting for his turn...like he still hung old dude, gave them a body. I bet this rebel leader dude is going to get with Barry's daughter, put her in danger and then he's got to go.

Good show, good show.

Another fine ep.. I'm still waiting for the show to take off and be on the level of other quality FX s
Man..I wonder what critics have to say now. Barry is everything you would want a leader from that area to be, he's not stereotypical at all. I'm waiting for his turn...like he still hung old dude, gave them a body. I bet this rebel leader dude is going to get with Barry's daughter, put her in danger and then he's got to go.

Good show, good show.
Barry abandoned his country to go to America, married a white woman and had a family, has a gay son, and doesn't appear to be a practicing Muslim at all so far. Not to mention

I'm pretty sure the critics especially those with first hand experience that were complaining about him not being of their ethnicity or the stereotypes being pretty much in the forefront (w/e else they were complaining about) wouldn't want him leading **** in their countries.

It's better off to ignore the critics altogether if you enjoy the show for what it is.

Wish FX allowed nudity. I know we'll be seeing a lot of fine Middle Eastern women. The daughter of Barry's friend is cute and seemed down to get action but bad attitude on that one. If she spit on me when I didn't want her to, i'd be mad as hell.

Yesterday's episode was good, but I still can't buy Bassam deciding to stay and support his brother after all the @#$% that's been happening. Family loyalty only goes so far; if I found out that my brother is a murderous rapist, he'd be dead to me

then again, it might be Bassam's true self being in conflict with the Western ways he picked up. Maybe the show will go more in depth and show us more of Bassam's younger days

Last edited:
Yesterday's episode was good, but I still can't buy Bassam deciding to stay and support his brother after all the @#$% that's been happening. Family loyalty only goes so far; if I found out that my brother is a murderous rapist, he'd be dead to me

Bassam is a murderous lunatic as well, so it'd be the pot calling the kettle black.

The wife is only going to stay around to keep Bassam from fully going heel and becoming the person he's shown he can be.

Bassam is a murderous lunatic as well, so it'd be the pot calling the kettle black.

The wife is only going to stay around to keep Bassam from fully going heel and becoming the person he's shown he can be.

Yea I edited my post cause I just remembered that childhood shooting scene.

I missed last week's episode so I had to catch up.

Over all the most recent two episodes were good. Not great but good summertime TV.

Jamals wife is bad as hell, glad my man Barry use to get it in.

It's funny that Jamal can't smash for now. I'm a Lil salty oh girl didn't get the whole thing off but at least he is damaged goods now.

I'm really surprised people couldn't tell the son was gay that was obvious from the sauna scene and that conversation he had with his sister in the first episode.

I'm semi betting they use the gay angle to turn Bassam heel. His son prolly gets murked by the uncle or his men making Bassam go wild

barry and jamal wife is going to come together to get jamal murked

She seems to like the role of first lady. If he remains a terror maybe she'd like to see her son become president if that's how the succession will go.

my biggest gripe with the show is the dialogue. Why are they all speaking English??

This is a foreign country and yet they communicate and hold all discussions in English. I understand that you can't have the show in another language entirely and it appeal to an American audience, but it's rubbing me the wrong way.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread too. Laziness on the show's part.

my biggest gripe with the show is the dialogue. Why are they all speaking English??

This is a foreign country and yet they communicate and hold all discussions in English. I understand that you can't have the show in another language entirely and it appeal to an American audience, but it's rubbing me the wrong way.

Yea. They could've easily done it like The Americans, which is on the same channel

Third episode showed some promise. It's still not fully convincing, but there's nothing else to do on a Tuesday night anyway

Last edited:
I'm glad it's in English. I don't mind subtitles, but doing the show in another language doesn't add any thing for me.The producers also stated they wanted to keep the world as fictitious as possible, so it makes sense to keep it completely English.

05_LEILA_036-final_blog.jpg

tumblr_myitpinzvv1rzacu8o1_400.gif

The 3rd episode was crazy. Jamal son gonna be in suprise when he find out his wife not a Virgin and his dad hit that. Lol

^
She still is a virgin. Perverted, rapist dad just broke her hymen with his fingers.

I really enjoy the show soo far. No complaints. Bassams wife :smh:

Bruh, layla. Im smitten everytime shes on the screen. Actually all the main women are pretty fine.

Back
Top Bottom