Unemployment is sky rocketing...how many of you have been able to keep a job?

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Medical Field, the jobs are endless.

in my city(small btw), there are like 8 new buildings/offices dealin with the medical field, seems like there are crazy opportunities in that field.

outlook for that field is only gonna increase with the baby boomers getting older.

medical field is the best imo right now.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

what are some good job searching sites?

SnagaJob and Craiglist are pretty Decent...But I haven't had any luck yet
ohwell.gif

anybody have any Recommendations? Beside the medical fields

having two jobs for the win...but for some reason i feel like im gonna get at my supervisor job...i doubt it though but i have a feeling

Originally Posted by ShoeHefner5

i quit my job in March, couldnt find a job between then and 3 weeks ago. So i just went back to my old job but now im making $2 an hour less
mad.gif
, doing the same exact thing i was doing before
smh.gif

haha !!!! kiddin kidding lol .... naw low key though day job had a major lay-off ( about a good 20 peps gone i.e my whole department is no more im the only oneleft) in oct and some people are saying we doing good again ( as far as the business) but other are saying there might be another lay-off.

been working at my place since 2001 steel worker but we lay off alot i got time so im good but they are cutting 80 people in January..

I have experience in many different fields and I also have a college degree so getting a job never was a problem for me

i got laid off and rehired but now my hours are nowhere close to what they use to be

web designer/flash developer.

seemingly the market in nyc has remained strong thus far. tech or medical field FTW

aint had a job since april

#**%% gettin to me now..im bout to strap up this #**%% gettin rediculous

mcdonalds not even hiring :/

Quit my job (nj) over the summer. I started working at my school in ny but I'm going to have to call my old job so I can work a little during winter breakjust so I can have a little money.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

From July to November I was unemployed after I moved back home to Virginia. But around mid November I was able to get my old job back at Barnes and Noble bookstore, so I'm doing pretty good right now. How about the rest of you?

what part of VA? i'm from "The Beach" there's never any jobs there...family business FTW

I've been employed since June. In the summer I used to work like 4 times a week, now that school has started its only once a week, so they can afford tokeep me

Originally Posted by dropKicks

I never really been outa work man i push for any job opportunity i can get my hands on .. whether it's helping people move, cleaning houses or washing cars .. I'll still do jobs like that even though i have a stable job .. In high school i never sold drugs but i would sell boot leg Dreamcast games
pimp.gif
Gotta work with what ever you got i guess

Them all sound like crackhead moves to me

Originally Posted by YungMooly

Originally Posted by dropKicks

I never really been outa work man i push for any job opportunity i can get my hands on .. whether it's helping people move, cleaning houses or washing cars .. I'll still do jobs like that even though i have a stable job .. In high school i never sold drugs but i would sell boot leg Dreamcast games
pimp.gif
Gotta work with what ever you got i guess
Them all sound like crackhead moves to me
laugh.gif

But nah dude getting his money. Let him live...

Originally Posted by dunks87

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

From July to November I was unemployed after I moved back home to Virginia. But around mid November I was able to get my old job back at Barnes and Noble bookstore, so I'm doing pretty good right now. How about the rest of you?

what part of VA? i'm from "The Beach" there's never any jobs there...family business FTW
word, put a young brother on
nerd.gif

Man the unemployment in DC is crazy. I been to so many interviews, I keep hearing the same thing...I have the knowledge and the degrees, yet I dont haveexperience. WTH..How can I get experience if nobody will hire me. Thanks Bush...You really jacked up the country..Good riddance.

I am lucky over here in Michigan, I manage a sneaker shop and I work as a regional marketing manager for a phone company...but we are cutting peoples pay atthe phone company so I dont know how long the job will even exist.

I am super grateful for my jobs, but I always look for other positions in the meantime, and there is nothing at all in michigan.......everything sucks outhere....

Back
Top Bottom