Video Game Dudes: Did Yall Have A Neo-Geo Dude In Your Neighborhood?

Growing up, there was a dude around my way and a dude I went to elementary school with that swore up and down that they had Neo-Geos.

I remember one time me and a couple of my boys went over dude's house that "had" a Neo-Geo. So we are over there and we are thinking, damn where is this $600 system at. So we ask him and he says, "My mother takes it to work with her. She doesn't come back home until 7. But I can't have company after 5." :smh: - So of course we NEVER saw the Neo-Geo. We gave this dude all the chances in the world to prove it to us.
"Bring us an instructional book from one of the games."
Called him on the phone, "Put the phone up to the tv."

Nothing, EVER. I know this dude was lying man.

But yea, did yall have a Neo-Geo dude around yall's way? Because as I get older, I hear other dudes basically tell me the same story; that they had someone around their way that lied about having a Neo-Geo.

Never even heard of a neo geo

What???

Anyways...I heard about Neo Geo, but NEVER saw it. However, I think the Fuddruckers down the street from my cousins house had a Neo Geo system in their arcade. I'm pretty sure of it.

Most offbeat game system I "owned" was a SegaCD. Reason why owned is in parenthesis is because I borrowed it from my boy and never gave it back.

Only ever saw one, and that was in a EB Games store back in the day :lol:

I forgot about this thing completely. Man :pimp:

Man I never saw a HUMAN with a Neo-Geo. I saw it in StarLand Video in Greenbelt (when it was still there :smh: ). But in someone's house? Nah, never saw it

Man I never saw a HUMAN with a Neo-Geo. I saw it in StarLand Video in Greenbelt (when it was still there :smh: ). But in someone's house? Nah, never saw it

Thought Bonk was for Neo Geo...googled it and saw it was for TurboGrafx 16 :lol:

Oh yea...I also owned an atari lynx :lol: Only had California Games.

Heck no :lol: :lol:. Seeing kids with Game Gears was also rare. I know my parents loved me for getting me one of those and constantly getting me batteries to keep that monstrosity alive.

Sonic Triple Trouble and Ninja Gaiden though :pimp:

my friends had a neo geo and like SIX games dudes mom was drawing his dads SSI and Disability had and GENESIS and Super Nintendo as well.
He was super shining on us hood kids. random he works at subway now

I knew ONE person with a Sega Saturn, joint was a flop of the highest degree

or what about Nintendo virtual boy.... or Saturn.. systems you rarely saw a person own
I had a Saturn. Another dude I know had a Saturn. But most folks were Playstation dudes, so yea you are right. Saturns were rare. I loved my Saturn. Those vs. fighting games on Saturn > Any other system. And it introduced me to Fire Pro Wrestling

Virtual Boy flopped.

Last edited:
Knew a couple people that had the portable device. If I'm not mistaken it was Neo Geo as well.

None of us peasants had a Neo Geo. It was $650 when it came out in 1990 and games were $100-$200 each :lol:

My cousin Ralph in Long Island had a Neo Geo. My uncle is an OB/GYN and his wife/ my aunt is an RN and they hand BANK. I would beg my mom for us to go out there every weekend so I could play at his house. Playing Double Dragon and Art of fighting was :wow: He was SPOILED. He had the Power Glove and I remember him getting a Super Nintendo like a week before all the other stores had it as well. :smh:

How time flies. He's an OB/GYN himself now

"Where's a kid like you at?"

What???

Anyways...I heard about Neo Geo, but NEVER saw it. However, I think the Fuddruckers down the street from my cousins house had a Neo Geo system in their arcade. I'm pretty sure of it.

Most offbeat game system I "owned" was a SegaCD. Reason why owned is in parenthesis is because I borrowed it from my boy and never gave it back.
So, you pretty much have been a shady dude all your life huh champ....
laugh.gif
.  Just messing with ya. 
I saw it in StarLand Video in Greenbelt (when it was still there)
mean.gif
I see my man DC knows
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, memories champ.  I used to catch the T16 to go up there. 

brah, I had a Neo-Geo....used to play that caveman game on it back in the day.

Wait a minute....DC are you gonna make this into a race thread?
We can if you want.

But I am sure you and your pretty lavish lifestyle as a child wouldn't understand why people in my community had to grow up lying about owning material possessions. So this thread might not apply to your kind.

How is that? 8)

Back
Top Bottom