Wall Street money never sleeps?

Originally Posted by rocman23

I'm very aware of what caused the recent drops in the stock markets and the bailouts. Still the dialogue in this movie was just very confusing to me
What parts? I'll try to help. 

the whole time
30cvdat.gif

I watched it because there was nothing else on, had no interest in it in the first place...

the whole time
30cvdat.gif

I watched it because there was nothing else on, had no interest in it in the first place...

I have been meaning to watch WS: Money Never Sleeps for a while, I recently netflixed WS and it was 
pimp.gif

I have been meaning to watch WS: Money Never Sleeps for a while, I recently netflixed WS and it was 
pimp.gif

If you want to know what happened to Michael Douglas' character then watch the first one, other than that I understood it fine without watching the first. I thought it was despite it being a bit slow and long.

If you want to know what happened to Michael Douglas' character then watch the first one, other than that I understood it fine without watching the first. I thought it was despite it being a bit slow and long.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Dont you have to watch the first to get it? the first one was great Bud Fox
laugh.gif
Not really, the movies more about the interaction between Shia and his girlfriend and the collapse of the market. All you really need to know from the first one is that Gordon went to jail at the end.

You don't need a great wealth of economics knowledge to get it but it certainly helps 'cus they didn't really explain a lot of the deals they were doing. I liked this one but it comes nowhere close to the first one. I still bought the box set though.
grin.gif
 It's weird as hell 'cus I think my brother looks exactly like Bud in the first one.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Dont you have to watch the first to get it? the first one was great Bud Fox
laugh.gif
Not really, the movies more about the interaction between Shia and his girlfriend and the collapse of the market. All you really need to know from the first one is that Gordon went to jail at the end.

You don't need a great wealth of economics knowledge to get it but it certainly helps 'cus they didn't really explain a lot of the deals they were doing. I liked this one but it comes nowhere close to the first one. I still bought the box set though.
grin.gif
 It's weird as hell 'cus I think my brother looks exactly like Bud in the first one.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I loved the movie.
laugh.gif

Same here.

The OG one was so much better, that movie is one of my favorites. But I enjoyed this one too

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I loved the movie.
laugh.gif

Same here.

The OG one was so much better, that movie is one of my favorites. But I enjoyed this one too

In order to understand the movie you need to have seen the first one since it starts off right after Gorden Gekko gets out of prison 20 years later.  You also need a working knowledge of financial markets and what transpired during the fall of 2008 with the collapse of Wall Street.  If you have those two things, the movie makes perfect sense and it's actually a pretty good movie with some nice twists to it.

In order to understand the movie you need to have seen the first one since it starts off right after Gorden Gekko gets out of prison 20 years later.  You also need a working knowledge of financial markets and what transpired during the fall of 2008 with the collapse of Wall Street.  If you have those two things, the movie makes perfect sense and it's actually a pretty good movie with some nice twists to it.

Back
Top Bottom