Wall Street money never sleeps?

I liked it. What didn't you understand OP?

Spoiler [+]
Gordon used Shia's character to get his money back. Shia's character was loyal to that guy who got him in the game. Guy who got him in the game was ruined by the motorcycle guy. Motorcycle guy was ruined by Shia's character. Shia lost it all, not seeing what everyone else around him saw. He ends up getting back in the game at the end.

I liked it. What didn't you understand OP?

Spoiler [+]
Gordon used Shia's character to get his money back. Shia's character was loyal to that guy who got him in the game. Guy who got him in the game was ruined by the motorcycle guy. Motorcycle guy was ruined by Shia's character. Shia lost it all, not seeing what everyone else around him saw. He ends up getting back in the game at the end.

It's a good movie to watch if you're interested in economics. Consider it a kick-start.

It's a good movie to watch if you're interested in economics. Consider it a kick-start.

Movie was terrible (except for the entertaining round table between banks) and I'm a big fan of the first movie. It was a corny love story and was extremely anti-climactic.

Movie was terrible (except for the entertaining round table between banks) and I'm a big fan of the first movie. It was a corny love story and was extremely anti-climactic.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

In order to understand the movie you need to have seen the first one since it starts off right after Gorden Gekko gets out of prison 20 years later.  You also need a working knowledge of financial markets and what transpired during the fall of 2008 with the collapse of Wall Street.  If you have those two things, the movie makes perfect sense and it's actually a pretty good movie with some nice twists to it.

Yup.

I liked it a lot as well and it gives a lot of light to how bad the financial markets actually got hit in 2008. Not saying that it is entirely realistic but its a movie nonetheless. The first one was light years better because of its anti-climatic ending that sort of leaves you hanging. This one everyone is happy in the end save from Bretton James.  

In order to understand the movie you need to have seen the first one since it starts off right after Gorden Gekko gets out of prison 20 years later.  You also need a working knowledge of financial markets and what transpired during the fall of 2008 with the collapse of Wall Street.  If you have those two things, the movie makes perfect sense and it's actually a pretty good movie with some nice twists to it.

Yup.

I liked it a lot as well and it gives a lot of light to how bad the financial markets actually got hit in 2008. Not saying that it is entirely realistic but its a movie nonetheless. The first one was light years better because of its anti-climatic ending that sort of leaves you hanging. This one everyone is happy in the end save from Bretton James.  

it was TRASH. just watch the first one (one of my fav movies of all time) and don't even bother with this.

the plot was so ******ed.

it was TRASH. just watch the first one (one of my fav movies of all time) and don't even bother with this.

the plot was so ******ed.

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Yup.

It was also fun trying to figure and company out who each character was supposed to be from real life events.  I think they did a good job trying to fictionalize the FED and the Lehman collapse while showing the S&L bailouts from the 80's.

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Yup.

It was also fun trying to figure and company out who each character was supposed to be from real life events.  I think they did a good job trying to fictionalize the FED and the Lehman collapse while showing the S&L bailouts from the 80's.

Originally Posted by salbah3

Didn't think it was bad at all, but the OG Wallstreet is where it's at

yup same here. the first one was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This latest one wasnt bad but like others have said...it was flat

Originally Posted by salbah3

Didn't think it was bad at all, but the OG Wallstreet is where it's at

yup same here. the first one was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif