What happened to Delonte West? Mental disorders are a scary thing

I've managed to get someone held in a psychiatric hold for a week, which took a ton of work, multiple visits to a judge....only to have a doctor tell me, even tho they are mentally ill, that he I can't hold em any longer.

So I find it pretty ****ing annoying to watch people criticize the people in Delonte's life, when the reality is it's an impossible situation.

If I had an NBA players salary id still be in the same situation.

I've physically wrestled with someone for over an HOUR. LITERALLY. Tagging in and out with another friend after while, (cus we got tired) just to get our friend into the vehicle and take him to his warm, furnished home.

Yea, its not as easy as one may think
broke my damn toe last year while me and my brother where trying to get our brother in a car to get him to a hospital

**** is sad :smh:

Too many ppl in these situations never get the adequate resources to even help them have a fighting chance to help manage their illness

And most end up the in the cycle of the criminal justice system where they shouldn't have been in the first place

Coincidentally Dan Lebatard has a podcast "South Beach Sessions" and he just uploaded an incredible interview with Jay Williams.

Not the one who had the motorcycle accident but the all-star Knick.

Man this was a very tough interview.

Praying for you Red, saw him over the summer not too far from that same location dribbling up the street. Thought for sure he was training to make some sort of comeback. Bro definitely needs help.

Damn, that's so sad what happened to him. I saw a vid on youtube over the weekend about if he really slept with LeBron's mom and I forgot how funny he was in interviews back in the day talking about he'd wanna hang around with Bugs Bunny and ****. I just thought he was a funny guy and didn't think much of it. Not so funny now after seeing this thread.

Jameer keeping in touch with him and being there for him as a friend is doing something though.

Jameer keeping in touch with him and being there for him as a friend is doing something though.
Maybe
But plenty of people
keep in touch with troubled “friends”
Not cause they care
But just to be nosy
And know someone is doing worse than them
And have some exciting news in their lives
Like what was even the point in him
Posting his tweet
Real friend woulda kept that in the tuck
Ain’t gotta price nothin to a bunch of strangers

Maybe
But plenty of people
keep in touch with troubled “friends”
Not cause they care
But just to be nosy
And know someone is doing worse than them
And have some exciting news in their lives
Like what was even the point in him
Posting his tweet
Real friend woulda kept that in the tuck
Ain’t gotta price nothin to a bunch of strangers

Can't say I know Jameer, but I'd be very surprised if his motivation for keeping in touch with a mentally afflicted lifelong friend/teammate would be to pump his own tires :lol:

Can't say I know Jameer, but I'd be very surprised if his motivation for keeping in touch with a mentally afflicted lifelong friend/teammate would be to pump his own tires :lol:
Don’t know dude either
But I DO know a few players
And you’d be VERY surprised
With how lame they actually are

Ol girl recording Delonte getting beat up for likes without helping him is disgusting.
Aye. The chic in the video said “Call the police. Get off of him”..... as she’s recording ON THE PHONE. Man, we really are living amongst idiots

Shots to the head were unnecessary, the man was not moving at that point. There's self-defense and straight out trying to murder someone. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom