What's your current dilemma?

.[/quote]
Get a tight brace, take some pain meds (non-drowsy) and try to do your thing. If your talking about trying out for a college team, these are opportunities that only come around once and you dont want regrets. Play through it bruh! my pops used to say "if it aint broke, get your *** back on the court/field"

rolled ankle really isnt that serious, just annoying.. remember, Emmitt Smith played with a dislocated shoulder in the NFL..

this post just woke up my competitive nature. youre right, no point preserving my ankle if I don't get into college (no future in basketball)

Last edited:
This semester has been a complete failure for me and I'll have to repeat two classes next semester, further delaying my graduation. Got nobody to blame but myself, and seeing my friends graduate hurts :frown: the longer I stay in school the lower my motivation becomes. I have had thoughts of dropping out for awhile now, but I'm in too deep to do that

Lazinesa
Lack of drive
Low confidence
Procrastination
Laziness
Fear of leaving my comfort zone

No offense to you, but personally I'm tired of seeing this. It's not that simple. Everything doesn't always work out in your favor. Trust me.
im in a situation right now where things look like they might not work in my favor..but im keepin my head up and if **** goes sour its not the end of the world..

Oh yeah. Been in CC since cot damn 2009.:smh: Got kicked out in 2010 for grades and I just started back last year. Having to repeat the classes I effed up and seeing no progress is really getting to me. About ready to say F school.

This semester has been a complete failure for me and I'll have to repeat two classes next semester, further delaying my graduation. Got nobody to blame but myself, and seeing my friends graduate hurts :frown: the longer I stay in school the lower my motivation becomes. I have had thoughts of dropping out for awhile now, but I'm in too deep to do that

Stick with it...my biggest regret was dropping out my senior year but at the time I was stressed and my heart wasn't in finance. I'm at peace with it now but I am going back to school starting this summer to do something completely different. I only wish I finished that degree to just have it but that can still happen later down the road.

Oh yeah. Been in CC since cot damn 2009.
mean.gif
Got kicked out in 2010 for grades and I just started back last year. Having to repeat the classes I effed up and seeing no progress is really getting to me. About ready to say F school.
man when it comes school ive been ****** up too..I was expelled from my high school late junior year came luckily I came  back in time so I could graduate..and last year I was suspended from my college for threatening my roommate and now I'm about graduate next week
nthat.gif

If I did it..im sure you could do it too

Going to fail a class that I can't retake again unless I get an A on the next exam and final. If I get a B or lower on either, I'm going to fail.

I don't think I'm gonna make it. If I don't pass, I'll have to switch majors.

Last edited:
Stuck at my dead end job ONLY because they pay for Health Insurance. 

Have other plans on the horizon and can't wait for it to start but need to be at this current job for the insurance 
mean.gif

No Yambs 
tired.gif
mean.gif

Don't know whether to cut my hair or dread it 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Finals is coming and I don't a cot damn thing about anything 
mean.gif
sick.gif

about to fail a course bc of the exam. one fail and my gpa is destroyed. I've never failed a course before, ever

Last edited:
Currently trying to pay my school $2500 by aug 15th to register for the fall. I got a plan to make the bread over summer, couple jobs all that jazz, but damn it's daunting.

You're doing something related to computers, right? I vaguely remember someone with an AZ name mentioning that in a thread about college. Holla if you ever need words of encouragement or advice. It gets better :pimp:

I wanna holla at this broad who turned me down before.
Don't sweat it and continue to invest in yourself. If you don't have a decent job relative to your age and skill set, work to find one. If youre a little overweight, focus on getting in shape. If you don't know how to cook, learn to perfect a few of your favorite dishes.

There's always room for improvement, is the point I'm trying to get at. Don't allow yourself to fall in a slump of unproductive boredom. Always be closing on a goal, accolade, or another tangible desire.

One of two things will happen. 1. Ole girl will notice you making improvements and becoming a better man, and she'all acknowledge you in some way. 2. A real, down female will recognize a boss when she sees one, and you won't even think about girl #1 until you see her pushing a stroller and realize how foolish you were to sweat so hard over one chick.

I have bills, I want to get back into school, I don't have a mailing address and I'm homeless in New York State w/ a cellphone.

You're doing something related to computers, right? I vaguely remember someone with an AZ name mentioning that in a thread about college. Holla if you ever need words of encouragement or advice. It gets better :pimp:

Yep that's me, double major in comp sci and molecular biology. Your boy has not had a good start to his java career. Can't believe I gotta sit through the lectures for a 2nd time :frown:

I have bills, I want to get back into school, I don't have a mailing address and I'm homeless in New York State w/ a cellphone.

Sorry to hear that man, and I hope your situation begins improving asap. Have you been connected with any resources for the homeless in NY? Its tough if you aren't a battered female/single mom (that's who gets all the resources first,) but there are resources out there and you should start working on securing some. I know it just started getting warm, but fall will be here before you know it, and you DO NOT want to be unprepared when the temperature starts falling back into the 30s.

Yep that's me, double major in comp sci and molecular biology. Your boy has not had a good start to his java career. Can't believe I gotta sit through the lectures for a 2nd time :frown:
I had a tough time with Java as well..I can only imagine what the extra workload is like with molecular biology :x

Are your troubles with theory (inheritance, transient variables, public/private classes) or is it with actual implementation (coding and logic)?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that man, and I hope your situation begins improving asap. Have you been connected with any resources for the homeless in NY? Its tough if you aren't a battered female/single mom (that's who gets all the resources first,) but there are resources out there and you should start working on securing some. I know it just started getting warm, but fall will be here before you know it, and you DO NOT want to be unprepared when the temperature starts falling back into the 30s.

I stay in a shelter upstate. It's not bad after I let my pride go. Its warm right now and I have a hoodie and a bag of clothes since I lost everything. I'm just carrying this cellphone because I get ssi and ssd to pay my bills while I look for an apartment. It's hard as heck man waking up each day at 6am and not working. :frown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom