Who loves their job? (and why)

I love knowing that without myself and the people doing what I do, that the economy and the ground transportation sytem would grind to a halt. I love knowing that I keep this world running. Gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment. The average intermodal train (containers and semi trailers) can take 300 long haul trucks off the road. The really long ones and the trains with mixed merchandise can take even more off with just one train. That's a lot of congestion off of our roads and a lot less pollution.

We are running some trains at 14000 feet and some of our trains weigh as much as 26000 tons. It's unreal.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

CPA -

1) Industry I work in (financial/hedge funds)
2) People, great firm, great co-workers.
3) Location, 15-25 minute commute by car and no longer 1 hr each way via train
4) Good money, stable career.
5) Hours outside of busy season.
6) The doors being a CPA opens.
pimp.gif
 finishing up 120 credits in may. getting my masters in taxation next.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

CPA -

1) Industry I work in (financial/hedge funds)
2) People, great firm, great co-workers.
3) Location, 15-25 minute commute by car and no longer 1 hr each way via train
4) Good money, stable career.
5) Hours outside of busy season.
6) The doors being a CPA opens.
pimp.gif
 finishing up 120 credits in may. getting my masters in taxation next.

1. i work unsupervized.
2. good pay, 19 years old making damn near $14, and it will go up in june.
3. the work is interesting.
4. i get to finish my bachelor's
pimp.gif

5. i get to study at work.
6. i will have 3 years of full time work experience in my field by the time i'm 22.

1. i work unsupervized.
2. good pay, 19 years old making damn near $14, and it will go up in june.
3. the work is interesting.
4. i get to finish my bachelor's
pimp.gif

5. i get to study at work.
6. i will have 3 years of full time work experience in my field by the time i'm 22.

no supervision/distractions  

my own huge office with a nice view

my own bathroom 

my own fishtank/espresso machine 
laugh.gif

free lunch 

access to gym and bball during workhrs 

my own bathroom 

laugh.gif

free lunch 

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

my own bathroom 

laugh.gif

free lunch 

#winning
minus the espresso,lol @*!+ a cofee(now if it was naked fruit juices id hold you ransom in your office for the time being,lol. j/k)

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

my own bathroom 

laugh.gif

free lunch 

#winning
minus the espresso,lol @*!+ a cofee(now if it was naked fruit juices id hold you ransom in your office for the time being,lol. j/k)

Working at UPS as a loader

-I get a workout equal or better than if I went to the gym
-Short Shifts
-Can show up in any type of mood
-No uniform/dress code
- Doesn't interfere with college
- Nobody bothers me while I'm working
- I love seeing big strong dudes come in and think it will be an easy job, then watching them get burried in boxes. Then watching them quit within their first week.

I can say I like my job an awful lot, maybe not love it, but I am happy to be doing what I am doing.

Working at UPS as a loader

-I get a workout equal or better than if I went to the gym
-Short Shifts
-Can show up in any type of mood
-No uniform/dress code
- Doesn't interfere with college
- Nobody bothers me while I'm working
- I love seeing big strong dudes come in and think it will be an easy job, then watching them get burried in boxes. Then watching them quit within their first week.

I can say I like my job an awful lot, maybe not love it, but I am happy to be doing what I am doing.

I work at the Gap in Roosevelt Field Mall

- The co-workers. All my co-workers are hella chill
- The managers aren't anal about every little thing. 90% of my managers are chill
- Eye candy galore. Especially on the weekends
- Good schedules and flexible.
- Could wear whatever the hell I want. I hate having to wear a damn polo and khakis

I work at the Gap in Roosevelt Field Mall

- The co-workers. All my co-workers are hella chill
- The managers aren't anal about every little thing. 90% of my managers are chill
- Eye candy galore. Especially on the weekends
- Good schedules and flexible.
- Could wear whatever the hell I want. I hate having to wear a damn polo and khakis

i LOVE my job. i get to tour for Verizon and travel all over the U.S. for free. I get to stay in the nicest hotels, free gas, free food, meet amazing people and make great money. if there was a picture of Winning I'd have to be somewhere in it. lol but no seriously it's amazig

i LOVE my job. i get to tour for Verizon and travel all over the U.S. for free. I get to stay in the nicest hotels, free gas, free food, meet amazing people and make great money. if there was a picture of Winning I'd have to be somewhere in it. lol but no seriously it's amazig

Would love my new internship if there was more to do
laugh.gif
I work 4.5 hours two days a week and 6 hours on Fridays and I spend close to half of it waiting around for people to get projects to me and I'm not sure if they monitor internet usage so I can't just freely surf the web.

Loved my old job back in High School 'cus I got four of my best friend's jobs there and they put us all in the President's old office. We had flexible hours, relatively good pay, would spend half of our days playing each other in online multi-player games, everyonce in a while we would convince our boss to buy us lunch, when we got asked to come in on Saturdays it would only be us and we would have paper-football games, sparring matches, water-pong, etc.

Would love my new internship if there was more to do
laugh.gif
I work 4.5 hours two days a week and 6 hours on Fridays and I spend close to half of it waiting around for people to get projects to me and I'm not sure if they monitor internet usage so I can't just freely surf the web.

Loved my old job back in High School 'cus I got four of my best friend's jobs there and they put us all in the President's old office. We had flexible hours, relatively good pay, would spend half of our days playing each other in online multi-player games, everyonce in a while we would convince our boss to buy us lunch, when we got asked to come in on Saturdays it would only be us and we would have paper-football games, sparring matches, water-pong, etc.

Back
Top Bottom