Why am I persecuted for NOT accepting homosexuality..

Originally Posted by Deuce King

People in general are rarely content with their current position and their always seeking something new....Gay rights is that "new" thing

There it is.

Yea that would make sense if there haven't been periods and cultures in human history were open homosexuality was accepted. Accepting homosexuality and open homosexuality is not a "new thing" sorry to break that to you guys, word to communal greek baths.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Please, OP...tell me more of this 'persecution.'
I was about to say 
laugh.gif
 How exactly are you 'persecuted' OP? Is seeing homosexuality on television the 'persecution'?
Go outside, take a walk in the park, read a book or something. Damn. Talking like you're being denied housing or a bank loan because of your views.

Everything I came here to say has already been said by Anton and others. I really don't see how people can continue to argue about this unless they are ignorant and close minded about these things, in which case they don't deserve to be argued with.
Props 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Im just watching the people who pretend to be tolerant and go hard when it comes to defending the honor of homosexuals but degrade people who are religious.
laugh.gif

Then you see dudes saying nobody care what OP thinks. As they clicked into the thread and replied
laugh.gif

Lets be honest most of you wouldnt be taken seriously in real life either get off your wifi high horses

im wit you. NT atheist come off like they really hate and despise ppl that are religious. its like they point, laugh, degrade and try to "school" anyone of faith.
If they could, im sure they would wipe anybody religious off the planet because of whatever reasons they believe are right to be a non-believer. Im sure some of the ppl against homosexuality feel the same way about gays.

the groups are pretty much one in the same man. Religion is constantly bashed on this board tho...and thats ok? 
tired.gif

and i am totally against flamboyant gayness. if your gay ur gay but some stuff just makes me uncomfortable to witness or hear about. I dont wanna feel like im a bad person cuz i cant stomach seeing men dressed and acting like women among other things 

Originally Posted by taymane23

Simple question : How is it idiotic not to accept something?
What is there to accept? It's not like homosexuality is some myth and there's a conspiracy trying to get you to believe in it. Might sound wild but there are actually people out there who are sexually attracted to the same sex. It kills me when people say "I don't accept it." 
laugh.gif
 It's like, "what are you not accepting?"

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Im just watching the people who pretend to be tolerant and go hard when it comes to defending the honor of homosexuals but degrade people who are religious.
laugh.gif

Then you see dudes saying nobody care what OP thinks. As they clicked into the thread and replied
laugh.gif

Lets be honest most of you wouldnt be taken seriously in real life either get off your wifi high horses

im wit you. NT atheist come off like they really hate and despise ppl that are religious. its like they point, laugh, degrade and try to "school" anyone of faith.
If they could, im sure they would wipe anybody religious off the planet because of whatever reasons they believe are right to be a non-believer. Im sure some of the ppl against homosexuality feel the same way about gays.

the groups are pretty much one in the same man. Religion is constantly bashed on this board tho...and thats ok? 
tired.gif

and i am totally against flamboyant gayness. if your gay ur gay but some stuff just makes me uncomfortable to witness or hear about. I dont wanna feel like im a bad person cuz i cant stomach seeing men dressed and acting like women among other things 

You know how you can tell you win arguments, cause people start throwing out the word "persecuted" loosely.

WAAHH WAAAAHHHH I'm tired of all these religious NTers always bashing my agnostic views. WAAAAAHHHHHHH. Crybabies.
laugh.gif

This might come as a shock to some but I'm actually repulsed by homosexual intercouse (not kissing or holding hands). But I'm still going to defend their right to happiness like everyone else. No one is telling you to rock some diesel boxers, a scarf and boots and march in the next gay parade.
 If I had the intentions of wiping someone's religion off the face of the planet I would be just like religious people. I'm not about that life, I will defend your right to believe whatever the hell you want to believe but I'm allowed to debate it and say it doesn't exist. Do you hear Silly Putty whining about how people saying grace is bashing atheism? I thought so.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tired.gif

Religion is clearly a choice. Homosexuality is not. How are they the same?
I would never deny anyone their right to believe. That would be hypocritical. It is my hope that society moves towards a future free of deity worship and instead turns to sound reason and logic.

And are you mad that religion gets bashed? It's not the non-believers fault that those that claim a religion are making extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence. Can you really blame atheists for finding your wild claims hilarious, backwards, nonsensical, and a flurry of other adjectives, and choose to point them out?

In a way, atheists are very similar to a Christian, a Muslim, or a Buddhist. You guys don't believe in any of the other thousands of gods on this planet. We just choose to take it a step further and not believe in yours either.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tired.gif

Religion is clearly a choice. Homosexuality is not. How are they the same?
I would never deny anyone their right to believe. That would be hypocritical. It is my hope that society moves towards a future free of deity worship and instead turns to sound reason and logic.

And are you mad that religion gets bashed? It's not the non-believers fault that those that claim a religion are making extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence. Can you really blame atheists for finding your wild claims hilarious, backwards, nonsensical, and a flurry of other adjectives, and choose to point them out?

In a way, atheists are very similar to a Christian, a Muslim, or a Buddhist. You guys don't believe in any of the other thousands of gods on this planet. We just choose to take it a step further and not believe in yours either.

Said this twice already, lemme highlight this just in case they missed it.

THAT IS A BINGO!!!

Here is the thing.

I do not support any sort of religion. 

I do criticize religion.

I do poke holes in religious arguments. 

I do NOT want there to be no selective religious preference in government. 

I however I do NOT want to take away the rights of religious people to talk.

I do NOT want to stop them from expressing their opinion. 

I will NOT prevent you from believing in Chthulu, the Annunaki, or Atlantis. 

I disagree with the KKK, Westboro Baptist Church, and Michelle Bachmann...but I WILL protect their rights to speak FREELY as long as they respect the rights of others. 

You have a right to be offended as much as you have the right to offend but you do NOT have the right to limit the rights of others.

Not giving homosexuals equal rights when they have violated NO laws or statues is illegal. 

I'm not sure anyone has been paying attention but gay soldiers JUST became ok...like three months ago??? If you're more worried that a man might find you attractive rather than where you should be aiming your rifle...YOU HAVE SOMETHING YOU NEED TO ADDRESS. 

I will say this, in my experience, those who REALLY don't care about homosexuality, don't even think to hate it. Its those that spend their lives trying to run from it and ostracize others are the ones hiding something. I know i'm straight. I don't have to prove that to anyone. Who cares? Its all you guys trying to prove something that I start to question... 
nerd.gif

There is a long way to go in terms of progress in this country so don't think that the fight is over in terms of equality. 

Look at all of the presecuted groups in America over time:

Amish

Protestants

Baptists

Catholics

Irish

Spanish

Jews

Latin Americans

Africans

Women

Atheists

...now gays. 

As soon as one group gets their rights, they pile no top of everyone else and forget what they went through. 

EDIT

dawg but how is it not easy for somebody to flip the same thing yall talking bout in regards to religion, on the subject of homosexuality?
I refute the claims made by ALL religions as being illogical. 
Do you refute claims that Santa exists?

I have no problem with you saying Santa exists. I will protect your right to say santa exists. 

But, I will challenge you on that. 

it just seems hypocritical to me. regardless of the science and theory behind either subject. I just would like to see things treated with equal respect.

I respect the opinions of others in here. 

I do NOT respect the stance that seeks to limit the rights of other law-abiding citizens.

Maybe we should go back to a time where Japanese people weren't allowed out past 9PM. 

like its easy for atheist to type words like crazy, foolish or whatever in regards to religion but if somebody did that about homosexuals or race...it would be uproar.

Atheism deals with topics in and of religion.

Usually everyone agrees that religion shouldn't be in politics. I've seen most of you all agree on that front. We do not condone selecting one world-view over another in this country...but individually people are free to believe what they want. 

We ask for the same legitimacy in politics and government THAT THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON and not for preferential treatment.

Atheists don't want an "Atheist Day" ...its like Bald people wanting a Hair Stylist Day"

Gay people however are NOT given the same rights. 

Atheists are fighting for social (and some cases legal) acceptance.

Gays are fighting for social and MOSTLY LEGAL acceptance. 

and thats just on what ive observed on this board from time to time. things just dont seem consistent on the "offensive" tip

thats your observation. I obviously disagree. 

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

-- Martin Niemöller 

dawg but how is it not easy for somebody to flip the same thing yall talking bout in regards to religion, on the subject of homosexuality?
it just seems hypocritical to me. regardless of the science and theory behind either subject. I just would like to see things treated with equal respect.

like its easy for atheist to type words like crazy, foolish or whatever in regards to religion but if somebody did that about homosexuals or race...it would be uproar.

and thats just on what ive observed on this board from time to time. things just dont seem consistent on the "offensive" tip

I don't care whether you accept homosexuality or not. I start to have a problem when a large portion of people vote against something like gay marriage because they feel that their idea of morality should govern everyone. It's especially difficult for me to understand voting against something like gay marriage when it poses absolutely no threat to heterosexual couples or people with religious beliefs that disagree with homosexuality. You have every right to disagree with homosexuality, OP, but I hope that you still treat homosexual individuals with respect and I especially hope that you vote for the best interest of everyone and not just yourself.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I remember quite a few of your hatemonger posts as far as minorities go (whether race or sexual orientation related). So once this gets locked up, hopefully
Meth does you a favor and evaporates your account too.

really bruh? Like what and i have nothing against homosexual people at all or blacks or mexicans and i have an asian girlfriend.
because i feel like NT defends the colored person first for no reason doesnt make me a hatemonger.

Well let me correct myself. Some responses I remember you making in other threads make you COME OFF as a hatemonger.

"and i have an asian girlfriend"

That's the same thing as "I'm not racist, my bestfriend is black" *burn crosses while being draped in rebel flags*
man get the *!!* out of here with your #$!+. why dont you post something i said than if you are so sure i am a racist. and yes i am offended that you would use the word hatemonger when talking about me

Honestly, if you don't understand the difference, then there really isn't that much hope for ya, buddy.

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

I never understood why I have to accept it, or act like it doesn't bother me, or grasp the concept that if we don't give gays rights, we are a backwards society. This is not a hate thread, I appreciate every human being's life and their values. However at the same time, why are my values not being taken into account? Why do they need to teach my kids in Kindergarten about homosexuality?
there's a quote by oliver wendell holmes (which, admittedly, i had to look up) that goes like this:

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."

it is absolutely within your right to be bothered by or not agree with homosexuality.  that right ends as soon as it infringes on my right to live a life that you may not agree with (within our established laws, of course...).

I never understood why I have to accept it, or act like it doesn't bother me, or grasp the concept that if we don't give gays rights, we are a backwards society. This is not a hate thread, I appreciate every human being's life and their values. However at the same time, why are my values not being taken into account? Why do they need to teach my kids in Kindergarten about homosexuality? 
You don't have to accept it just be prepared to be judged for not accepting it. You can act like it bothers you but the thing is why does it bother you? It should be none of your concern if you not living that lifestyle or associating with ppl who do live it. If you can not grasp the concept of giving homosexual rights that everybody else in society has how can you claim to appreciate a human being's life and their values? Being homosexual does not infringe upon your rights or affect your values in anyway. However, don't expect ppl to tolerate the intolerable. I don't see why ppl have to take your values in to account when it comes to giving rights to a group of ppl.

I don't know about this kindergartners being taught about homosexuality. Never heard of that. Hope you not going in to hyperbole mode.

When the population of gays is so small compared to heterosexuals, yet the media, news, and governments are trying to push it so hard and legitimize the rights its weird.

So because the population of a specific group is "small" they don't deserve rights? It's weird to give a group albeit a "small" part of the larger population rights that they have been denied?

There is still rampant racism and yet we are holding a microscope on homosexual rights? 

So wait because there are multiple injustices in the world we should only handle them one at a time until they're solved? Good luck.

See, I don't mind an open society but when the media attention and channels like MTV purposefully shove images of homosexuality and acceptance into my mind, its bothersome.

Then you're problem isn't with homosexuals it's with the media who you must assume are rum by homosexual zealot advocates.

If the people in charge of these giant media corporations are homosexual thats cool, but don't try to justify your actions by influencing the rest of the people, with the power that you have, that it is ok.

They can do w/e they want with their companies/corporations/businesses as long as it's within the law. As long as their is a demand there will be those who supply. If Viacom wants MTV and VH1 to be hardcore pro homosexuality and send non stop messages about how ppl should accept it they can. If you or anyone else don't like it change the channel or turn off the television. Go read a book.
Even if homosexuality is not a choice, it is a sexual act. Therefore it does not need to be blatantly in society. Its like the furries, people who enjoy having sex dressed as teddy bears and what not, why do they not teach kids about that? or any other sort of sexual interaction that deviates from heterosexual acts? 

So you think homosexuality is just about sexual interaction? Cuz that's what's heterosexuality is about right?
Im sorry if this thread offends any people on NT, its just I feel society has taken a path so quickly that it makes the civil rights movement look like kids stuff. Its easier to make people trust your beliefs when you have the power and tools to enforce your ideas.

Is it really that humans have advanced so much in thought in the past 10-15 years? or that we are told its ok.

It's a new day we got the internet and all types of ways to socially interact. These aint the days when you huddled up with ppl to watch a tv through a store's window or getting all your info from the paper and the radio. There's a lot of things that are on the fast track to reach the populace especially when it comes to progressive thinking. Although the idea of acceptance of ppl different from you is not anything new.

Given that ppl still have hard time accepting or just ignoring a group's differences I guess it's questionable how much we've advanced. Don't get me wrong I find gax sex gross, that's why I don't engage in it.

EDIT

As for all you religious NTers crying that your persecuted and claiming NT atheists are hypocritical you clearly can not see the difference between the two. If you do not want to debate/discuss clear flaws, logical fallacies, and the sheer lack of reason and critical thinking in religion simply don't do it. If you're not mature enough to not take it personally don't engage in it. The instant you take part in one of those threads you're putting your faith and beliefs up for critique especially when it's held against standards of logic and reason. Not to mention the whole not tolerating the intolerable angle and the fact many of you believe in books that are filled with intolerance

laugh.gif
if this thread turns in to a religion thread though.

Got a problem with gay people? Blame straight people, they're the ones making gay babies
I don't understand why people don't accept people for being gay, its not that serious. They do not affect you in anyway man, just let them live

Anton, didn't I tell you to save your gay thread responses into a word document so you don't have to go through this every damn time.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Got a problem with gay people? Blame straight people, they're the ones making gay babies
I don't understand why people don't accept people for being gay, its not that serious. They do not affect you in anyway man, just let them live

it's not about accepting it. It's agreeing with it. i don't agree with it but i don't care in the first place. you can't force someone to accept/agree/like it

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by Numberr97

it's not about accepting it. It's agreeing with it. i don't agree with it but i don't care in the first place. you can't force someone to accept/agree/like it
what is there to agree with though
laugh.gif
? gay people have no effect on anyone's lives but their own

at the end of the day, we are trending towards (bare with me) a more respectful and open minded society. Its better to just try to understand and respect these alternative lifestyles because if not today or tomorow they will eventually become "normal".

we look back at the behavior and thought process of whites in america in the jim crow era and its abhorrent. But it was just the accepted beliefs of the day.

you dont want to be on the wrong side of history.

watch "unforgivable blackness". its a doc on jack johnson, the first black heavy weight champ. the things he went through were incredible.

i dont agree with man on man bone fest at all

but gays dot bother me at all, not like they bring that gay stuff my way

Did you really compare race and skin color to homosexuality?
I understand the idea that you are trying to parlay, but there is no comparison.

How is there no comparison? You don't choose your ethnicity, skin color or sexuality preference. These are things you are born with.

Back
Top Bottom