Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

1. I know a lot about basketball. I just so happen to think that if a star player is getting recognition for being the best player in the world, he/she has to prove it. So yes, in order to make a judgement on the player...i walk in with the negatives first in order to see if he/she doesn't have glaring flaws.

I don't have a problem with Lebron or the fact that he's a talented player. The problem I have is that it just seems like people either ignore this flaw or just aren't educated about it. Speed, Athleticism =/= first step or your ability to beat your man. How can one side of the spectrum say yes his first step and explosiveness is a weakness and then others say it's not. I'm pretty sure there's no one on this planet that will say MJ or Grant Hill have below average first steps. No One! IMHO - those two have had the greatest of any perimeter player ever.

And yes - I uploaded a video from earlier in the season, but there isn't much difference from then to now in the way Lebron choses to score. If you'd like...post a recent video of his individual scoring ability in the halfcourt and I'm confident I can sit here and hold the same type of argument. All I'm asking is for people to just pay attention to the way he scores. I honestly don't think Lebron has that pure of an offensive ability to score. His weaknesses come to my attention when the defense tightens up and focuses on not allowing him to score (that's why though you may think it's overrated...critical basketball possessions show a lot about a player in individual talent - offensively and defensively - because it's a lot of "island" basketball).

This discussion is about a particular part of a player's game. If you have to throw up all-around stats and just make comments like "he doesn't have to be that great to dominate" or whatnot...then that's just ignoring what I'm actually proclaiming.

1. I know a lot about basketball. I just so happen to think that if a star player is getting recognition for being the best player in the world, he/she has to prove it. So yes, in order to make a judgement on the player...i walk in with the negatives first in order to see if he/she doesn't have glaring flaws.

I don't have a problem with Lebron or the fact that he's a talented player. The problem I have is that it just seems like people either ignore this flaw or just aren't educated about it. Speed, Athleticism =/= first step or your ability to beat your man. How can one side of the spectrum say yes his first step and explosiveness is a weakness and then others say it's not. I'm pretty sure there's no one on this planet that will say MJ or Grant Hill have below average first steps. No One! IMHO - those two have had the greatest of any perimeter player ever.

And yes - I uploaded a video from earlier in the season, but there isn't much difference from then to now in the way Lebron choses to score. If you'd like...post a recent video of his individual scoring ability in the halfcourt and I'm confident I can sit here and hold the same type of argument. All I'm asking is for people to just pay attention to the way he scores. I honestly don't think Lebron has that pure of an offensive ability to score. His weaknesses come to my attention when the defense tightens up and focuses on not allowing him to score (that's why though you may think it's overrated...critical basketball possessions show a lot about a player in individual talent - offensively and defensively - because it's a lot of "island" basketball).

This discussion is about a particular part of a player's game. If you have to throw up all-around stats and just make comments like "he doesn't have to be that great to dominate" or whatnot...then that's just ignoring what I'm actually proclaiming.

the didn't read still gets me
roll.gif

but in all seriousness ... i agree w/ u on his first step / ability to break his man down ... w/ that being said ... he still puts up the #'s

the didn't read still gets me
roll.gif

but in all seriousness ... i agree w/ u on his first step / ability to break his man down ... w/ that being said ... he still puts up the #'s

There is a total lack of basketball knowledge in this thread. Is why S&T is a joke. Sad part is y'all really think y'all know your ++@%.

That is all.

There is a total lack of basketball knowledge in this thread. Is why S&T is a joke. Sad part is y'all really think y'all know your ++@%.

That is all.

Dude is on the other side of 250 and is bow legged to the T. You think dude is supposed to be Iverson or something?

Dude is on the other side of 250 and is bow legged to the T. You think dude is supposed to be Iverson or something?

Why does he need to rely on a first step if he's going to the free throw line regardless ? Look how soft the league is . A bum here and there and whoop he's at the free throw line

Originally Posted by Juice2352

I think what OP meant to say is LeBron lacks skill. His J is weak, no post game, no "go to" move. He struggles in that sense, but his athleticism (including his first step) let him get by.

No, I really do think his ability to score one on one in the halfcourt set is below average. He is a great athlete...but athleticism imho does not the two low key most important physical abilities in basketball : First step and Lateral quickness.

I don't see how how Bulls fans can be in here with opposing opinions. You've had two of the best players ever to have amazing first steps (Jordan and Rose), and you can't see how critical it is for a player to have one when the game is "serious business". Even yesterday...I told my friend in the Bulls/Magic game that Rose will step up...only because of his ability to beat his man. What happens? He blows past Jameer and creates a high percentage shot for his big man under the basket. Lebron...when a team buckles down...would have called for a screen and likely had to pass because he limited his options. I've seen the story time and time again.

I think what OP meant to say is LeBron lacks skill. His J is weak, no post game, no "go to" move. He struggles in that sense, but his athleticism (including his first step) let him get by.

No, I really do think his ability to score one on one in the halfcourt set is below average. He is a great athlete...but athleticism imho does not the two low key most important physical abilities in basketball : First step and Lateral quickness.

I don't see how how Bulls fans can be in here with opposing opinions. You've had two of the best players ever to have amazing first steps (Jordan and Rose), and you can't see how critical it is for a player to have one when the game is "serious business". Even yesterday...I told my friend in the Bulls/Magic game that Rose will step up...only because of his ability to beat his man. What happens? He blows past Jameer and creates a high percentage shot for his big man under the basket. Lebron...when a team buckles down...would have called for a screen and likely had to pass because he limited his options. I've seen the story time and time again.

Why does he need to rely on a first step if he's going to the free throw line regardless ? Look how soft the league is . A bum here and there and whoop he's at the free throw line

Originally Posted by Futuristic

His J is weak
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 People still believe this nonsense 

laugh.gif
@ u thinking he has a J ... he can hit an open shot under no pressure ... wouldn't call it reliable ... and he def ain't hitting anything w/ consistency off the dribble... 
insert the side of the backboard on the 3 gif 

or the backboard brick when he was at the top of the key 

or any of the gifs put up during that long losing streak they had in the middle of the season 

Originally Posted by Futuristic

His J is weak
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 People still believe this nonsense 

laugh.gif
@ u thinking he has a J ... he can hit an open shot under no pressure ... wouldn't call it reliable ... and he def ain't hitting anything w/ consistency off the dribble... 
insert the side of the backboard on the 3 gif 

or the backboard brick when he was at the top of the key 

or any of the gifs put up during that long losing streak they had in the middle of the season 

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

That is all.

Aren't you the guy that thinks Taylor Mays is better than Eric Berry, though?

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

That is all.

Aren't you the guy that thinks Taylor Mays is better than Eric Berry, though?

"This discussion is about a particular part of a player's game. If you have to throw up all-around stats and just make comments like "he doesn't have to be that great to dominate" or whatnot...then that's just ignoring what I'm actually proclaiming."

You're just missing the forest for the one tree you don't like.

OP, Lebron agrees with you about his first step. "My first step ain’t never been that great. It’s my second step, that’s where I’ll get you.

"This discussion is about a particular part of a player's game. If you have to throw up all-around stats and just make comments like "he doesn't have to be that great to dominate" or whatnot...then that's just ignoring what I'm actually proclaiming."

You're just missing the forest for the one tree you don't like.

OP, Lebron agrees with you about his first step. "My first step ain’t never been that great. It’s my second step, that’s where I’ll get you.

YoungTriz wrote:
you asked for it...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Stop it 5. Who you arguing for?

Look at every shotthis dude took.He couldn't even beat HEDO off the dribble consistently. Look at the type HEDO forced him to take. You comfortable with this dude taking those shots when the game is on the line? Ofcourse not...and he isn't either. Please rewatch that clip and honestly listen to what I am saying.

Back
Top Bottom