Why is Cam Newton hated so much?

He has been on TV a lot more recently than ever before. Surprised UA hasn't given him a national spot yet.

It just bugs me that he's so ineloquint when he speaks. Have you seen his press conferences? The guy would be all over the place if he was a little more polished. I guess formal speech training can address that issue.

EDIT: I just thought how funny one of those "Don't be like..." DirectTV commercials would be if Cam Newton did one.
The hate is real[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Bye Felicia.

Man..lol.

Cmon hank Scorpio. You sound like ur straight out of a yahoo comment section..

First it was the dancing.
Then pointing after first down.
Now its cause he's nopt eloquent enough for you?

What's REALLY on ur mind fam?

I've already told you guys what my thoughts are on Cam Newton. He's a rising star in the NFL and is most certainly the real deal. Now, with this type of talent comes a lot of exposure to the public and media. We live in a world where face-value means a lot, if not everything. If you sound ineloquent or can't articulate yourself then you're going to come off a certain way. And that will only fuel more artillery for the Cam haters.

I'm saying, I've seen a lot of his press conferences and he doesn't have the "range" in his speaking skills. But that can ALWAYS be worked on through speech improvement drills.

Dude sounds like one of those cats who was critcizing the way Jameis speaks after he won the national title.

I saw that press conference and I wasn't surprised. But he has improved since then.

The hate is real[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Bye Felicia.

How am I hating on Cam? I've said many time before that I like and support Cam. I've just expressed my opinions on things he needs to work to look more polished. It's actually doing him a disservice not to improve on those things.

Besides, those DIrect TV commercials would be funny, because he actually has one of those casual personalities. It would look totally authentic coming from him.

Man..lol.

Cmon hank Scorpio. You sound like ur straight out of a yahoo comment section..

First it was the dancing.
Then pointing after first down.
Now its cause he's nopt eloquent enough for you?

What's REALLY on ur mind fam?

**** is crazy

I guess Rodgers , Brady, and Manning are ALWAYS extremely eloquent in their speech during their post game press conferences [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Last edited:
**** is crazy

I guess Rodgers , Brady, and Manning are ALWAYS extremely eloquent in their speech during their post game press conferences [emoji]128580[/emoji]

:smh:

You guys are making it a race thing, man :lol:

I apologize of mentioning an inefficiency Cam Newton has that might actually work out better for him if he improved on it.

Never heard someone criticize Phillip Rivers, Rapistberger, or Jay Cutler as being ineloquent.

Phillip Rivers is an idiot :lol:

I don't watch enough Bears games to hear Cutler speak. Not interested in him anyway.

Last edited:
I see what's going on in here now. They gonna attack the music he listens to next or the rims on his ride...

Dudes stuck in the old days. That's what most sports are now, dudes dance, make special hand shakes, taunt etc. U got a problem... Beat em. Cam is singled out because he's a qb. Traditionally it's a white guys position and they are the leaders who usually set the tone for the team and keeps everything together. He's a different type of leader, he has fun and his guys have fun going out to war with him. Rb, we, te, lineman everyone can celebrate, but when the best qb in the league does it, people get mad and emotional. If u think race doesn't play a factor, idk what to tell u. That and what people are use to what a traditional qb is. Cam is the first of many, u guys gonna hate football in the future.

No one said anything about his rims when he got into that car accident last year.

Stop it
laugh.gif
We get it; you don't like Cam Newton.

Move along.

To be fair this is a why is Cam hated thread so you should want the perspective of people that don't like him

To be fair this is a why is Cam hated thread so you should want the perspective of people that don't like him
True, but just say I don't like him and this is why. Don't dance around it and try to dress it up. Many people know I don't like lebron, I never try to disguise it, I don't like him, this is why, idc what u think.

While I agree, the poster I quoted has moved the goal post on his "issues with Cam" more than I care to follow.

Dancing, celebrating, post game pressers, to the "rims on his SUV".

It's hard to take this argument seriously.  Coming off more like pure unadulterated hate.

Which i guess makes it right at home in this thread... 

I hope Cam does the knee shuffle before he actually takes a knee to end the game.

They don't want Cam to dab, so he gon' keep dabbin'?

I know Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio is the Wall Street type but dude really said Cam is ineloquent and not articulate. Wow. Of all the criticisms Cam receives I've never heard that one before.

I legit cringe whenever I hear "He's so articulate/well spoken" :lol:

Last edited:
It may be in good intent sometimes but in practice it usually comes off as indirectly patronizing imo.

Last edited:
I don't follow NFL too much, but I didn't like it when the team doesn't show sportsman ship.

Like, we know you guys are winning this game, but the selfies on the sidelines are a little too much Wait unitl the game is over to do big celebrations.

Still, don't see too much of a problem.

Hoping we have a good super bowl

Back
Top Bottom