Why is Cam Newton hated so much?

Just thought about it some more.

I'm a Steph Curry fan and really didn't like his comment about a win and a win speaking on the superbowl and the OKC game. Dude better show up for that game running your mouth.

Like, keep that in the locker room. Don't put that trash out.

So I thought, if Step was like Cam, I wouldn't like him. Low and behold, I didn't like that. :smh: Never even heard lebron talking like that. Stay humble, cause all this doesn't matter unless you win that championship.

I just put this together during my morning shoot around.

I hope the Panthers lose. There is nothing wrong with having fun, but there is sportsmanship, there is character, and hopefully karma catches them an L. He can celebrate all he wants, but it didn't mean a thing if he doesn't get that ring.

Go Broncos.

Last edited:
kelcedance.0.gif

Not a problem, and no editorial was written.

And don't even get me started on Joseph Fauria.

How you gonna post a skill position player like evevry black wr/te/rb gets editorials written about them when they do a dance. Wasn't it a black player who started all this by complaining to the media about Cam's dancing?

Didn't everybody hate Johnny Football for his money celebration? That's all I ever heard about when I saw him in the news. You had players that couldn't wait to do it To him after a sack :lol:

A lot of white people hate Cam because he's black. A lot of people in general don't like him because they feel he celebrares too much. i hate him because he's trying to ruin Manning's perfect ending:wow:

kelcedance.0.gif

How you gonna post a skill position player like evevry black wr/te/rb gets editorials written about them when they do a dance. Wasn't it a black player who started all this by complaining to the media about Cam's dancing?

Didn't everybody hate Johnny Football for his money celebration? That's all I ever heard about when I saw him in the news. You had players that couldn't wait to do it To him after a sack :lol:

A lot of white people hate Cam because he's black. A lot of people in general don't like him because they feel he celebrares too much. i hate him because he's trying to ruin Manning's perfect ending:wow:

Bro...there were editorials written in papers about Cam's dab and other ****...but NOTHING was said about Kelce.

If you can't see the double-standard, then get yourself over to Lens Crafters.

kelcedance.0.gif

Bro...there were editorials written in papers about Cam's dab and other ****...but NOTHING was said about Kelce.

Bruh...how many players in the history of the NFL have danced after a TD? How many black players have danced? You think and editorial was written for every single one? If you don't see the flaw in your argument then I can't call it like a fax machine.

I know Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio is the Wall Street type but dude really said Cam is ineloquent and not articulate. Wow. Of all the criticisms Cam receives I've never heard that one before.

FYI, I'm a minority on Wall Street.

I don't have too many gripes with Cam Newton. As I've said before, I think he's one Hell of a quarterback and is def. legit. My issue really only falls with the celebrating after EVERY first down. I understand he's pumped up and it's part of his personification as a football player, but I think he can tone it down a little. Some guys mentioned other football players celebrating, such as Aaron Rodgers, Gronkowski, and Brady. These aforementioned players all celebrate, but the frequency in which they perform their celebrations are far less in-between compared to Cam. It's as it he's dancing half the time he's on the field. I understand why this may rub people off the wrong way, especially when there's racial undertone tensions that are already pre-existent.

As for my personal view of which he needs to improve on articulating his thoughts through speech: Cam Newton is ready to be one of the top 3 players in the NFL and will merit an unbelievable amount of attention. Whether it be come TV commercials, magazines or events he'll attend. The man will constantly be in the public eye and when he speaks, people will listen. Now, if you're under that circumstance, people will judge you for the way you speak and hold it against it. Basically giving other people a reason to dislike you. I think if he worked on his speech, he'd be a media darling.

I do believe Cam is treated unfairly, because he's a black QB in the NFL. And sometimes people will judge you for your personal life more than what you put out in a professional realm. I heard people are grievancing his life situation of fathering a son with his longtime girlfriend out of wedlock. While you guys like Tom Brady who had a child with a movie star actress and left her while she was pregnant for Giselle :lol:

Last edited:
kelcedance.0.gif

Bruh...how many players in the history of the NFL have danced after a TD? How many black players have danced? You think and editorial was written for every single one? If you don't see the flaw in your argument then I can't call it like a fax machine.

:rofl: @ this being your reasoning

Robert Flores says Travis Kelce not criticized 'because he's not black'

Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio aware me as to what Cam is doing exactly in his pressers that gives off the vibe that he's not articulate? I think he's rather well-versed and comes off just as good as Brady/Manning/etc....

Last edited:
kelcedance.0.gif

:rofl: @ this being your reasoning

Robert Flores says Travis Kelce not criticized 'because he's not black'

I can't even tell if you're serious right now, man. We're citing Robert Flores now :rofl:

Let me ask you a question. Do you think Wesley Woodyard tried to fight/talk **** to Cam because Cam is black of because Cam danced too much? You don't think it's possible for people to hate Cam without being racist? :lol: i already said there are a lot of white people that hate Cam because he's black but to act like that's the only reason people hate cam is a bit ridiculous.

If you're just trolling me then my bad :lol:

I do think it's a little ridiculous to assume racism is the main cause for disliking Cam Newton. Why can't people dislike him because he shows his arrogance after every first down?

Someone mentioned earlier how people are too sensitive over the dancing situation, but I think the same can be said about race. Especially on this message board.

Not saying race DOESN'T play an issue into this.

Last edited:
No, fool. I cited Flores because I was showing that there are people do recognize the double-standard. Obviously, you're not one of them.

If you read the editorial that was published, you'd know that for this particular example there WAS a racial component to the vitriol.

Some of you guys are putting words in folks' mouths. I have NEVER insinuated that all the hate Cam gets is due to his race. However, a lot of the unwarranted criticism (disingenuous smile, letters to the editor, etc.) has nothing to do with his playing ability but more to do with the color of his skin.

Just thought about it some more.

I'm a Steph Curry fan and really didn't like his comment about a win and a win speaking on the superbowl and the OKC game. Dude better show up for that game running your mouth.

Like, keep that in the locker room. Don't put that trash out.

So I thought, if Step was like Cam, I wouldn't like him. Low and behold, I didn't like that.
mean.gif
Never even heard lebron talking like that. Stay humble, cause all this doesn't matter unless you win that championship.

I just put this together during my morning shoot around.

I hope the Panthers lose. There is nothing wrong with having fun, but there is sportsmanship, there is character, and hopefully karma catches them an L. He can celebrate all he wants, but it didn't mean a thing if he doesn't get that ring.

Go Broncos.
I don't rock with people like you. Point blank period. That "integrity of the game" rationale immediately tunes me out. Nope, not for me.
While you guys like Tom Brady who had a child with a movie star actress and left her while she was pregnant for Giselle 
laugh.gif
Word, because Tom Brady gets PLENTY of love on NT and outside of Boston. 

One of my issues with this Cam **** is the super reaching done to make a point. I see too much of that being done everywhere. It's like when you're that far off, I gotta question if I just got it all ****** up or you dudes jumped the shark. We're getting real close to that point.

I notice some white people are taking this personal.

"I'm not racist so that's not a big factor"

Maybe people are not talking about YOU personally or your group of friends.

But we are talking about a large group in this country who don't like confident black athletes. Russell Wilson is a perfect example of how a lot of white people what black athletes to act. Especially black QB's. Be politically correct, smile, have a goofy laugh, talked about god, don't dance. Im not knocking Russell cuz it seems like thats who he really is. Well that ain't Cam. He's gonna dance, celebrate, show emotion. That's who he is. He's not tryna act how some people want QB's to act. Cam's not gonna distant himself from his culture to please other people. I got nothing but respect for that.

No, fool. I cited Flores because I was showing that there are people do recognize the double-standard. Obviously, you're not one of them.

If you read the editorial that was published, you'd know that for this particular example there WAS a racial component to the vitriol.

Some of you guys are putting words in folks' mouths. I have NEVER insinuated that all the hate Cam gets is due to his race. However, a lot of the unwarranted criticism (disingenuous smile, letters to the editor, etc.) has nothing to do with his playing ability but more to do with the color of his skin.

You're too busy making potshots you can't read that Im basically agreeing with you. You have your mind made up and this discussion isn't gonna go anywhere so I'll just leave it be. I'll see you in the NBA thread :lol:

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius I agree with most of what you said, but in fairness to Wilson, I don't think he's distancing himself from his "culture." As you said, that's just who he is...and that's OK, too.

*edit*

Oh, now dude is basically agreeing with me. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't rock with people like you. Point blank period. That "integrity of the game" rationale immediately tunes me out. Nope, not for me.

Too much ESPN for you

This goes for all sports. Never seen Jordan do it. Never seen any great athletes act like that. They go out there, perform, get the W, move on, and pop bottles after the championship. Jordan didn't celebrate until that final buzzer sounded and it was a wrap. These dudes celebrate any little thing .

I don't mind the dances and the first down celebrations and what not, I'm mad NFL doesn't allow that since the sport is such an emotional sport. I don't like winning a team and just showing no sportsmanship. If cam was about it, he would wait until he won the super bowl. There is nothing wrong with being yourself. BUT THE WHOLE TEAM AS A WHOLE DOES THIS ****. And I hope they lose for being so cocky and disrespectful, and rightfully so.

Last edited:
i think cam is corny. i thought T.O  was corny. i thought ocho cinco was corny. that kelce dancing gif is corny..... 

hate though cause hes black and arrogant?im not racist , hell  naw. i just have always thought the dancing celebrations are stupid af.

if you enjoy that good for you . i dont though . thats just me though. i loved when richard sherman talked crap about crabtree after that playoff game .has nothing to do with his arrogance. .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom