Why is Cam Newton hated so much?

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius I agree with most of what you said, but in fairness to Wilson, I don't think he's distancing himself from his "culture." As you said, that's just who he is...and that's OK, too.

*edit*

Oh, now dude is basically agreeing with me. :lol:

Nah I'm not saying Russell is distancing himself. I'm saying that his personality is how they want black QB's to act.

But there a lot of bruthas that go out of their way to fit in. Look at Tiger Woods. This fool made up his own race to make white folks comfortable and when they got dirt on him they still treated him like ****.

Most of the people that hate cam newton are white. Cam newton has been called a thug. You have some people who have said he deserves to be in jail. There are people who still hold the auburn recruiting rumor against him. There are people who don't think he "acts like a QB".

Those people, tend to be predominantly white and use code words for their hate about him. That's who the thread is referring to.

Most of the people that hate cam newton are white. Cam newton has been called a thug. You have some people who have said he deserves to be in jail. There are people who still hold the auburn recruiting rumor against him. There are people who don't think he "acts like a QB".

Those people, tend to be predominantly white and use code words for their hate about him. That's who the thread is referring to.
Yep.

OP knew what type of individuals made and supported that petition.

Makes Cam's success that much iller to me. 
laugh.gif

okay yeah i get you. yeah its those people who are racist. deserve to be in jail ? people have really said that. i think hes corny but that just deserves like a 5 yard penalty at most . in jail for what ? .
laugh.gif
. those people are stupid. 

I can't see Cam as a "thug". Where did they get that from? :lol:

Dog, they called Richard Sherman a thug...as well as countless others. When you're black, embrace it, are confident and outspoken....certain white people view you as a thug for whatever reason. It's f'd up...but it's reality.

Most black athletes are viewed as "overpaid thugs" by some white people. NBA players get in a scuffle.....look at those thugs. Baseball/Hockey/Nascar players fight. Boys will be boys. They are "tough" and "hard nosed".

Dog, they called Richard Sherman a thug...as well as countless others. When you're black, embrace it, are confident and outspoken....certain white people view you as a thug for whatever reason. It's f'd up...but it's reality.

Most black athletes are viewed as "overpaid thugs" by some white people. NBA players get in a scuffle.....look at those thugs. Baseball/Hockey/Nascar players fight. Boys will be boys. They are "tough" and "hard nosed".

Sad but true

I remember after a bad hockey fight or incident I referenced the word thuggish behavior with it and some peeps were confused. Like yes it can apply to white Canadians :lol:

Last edited:
I can't see Cam as a "thug". Where did they get that from? :lol:

If this ain't the damn truth. Brawls are a everyday thing in baseball and hockey and that's perceived as ok. Can you imagine if baseball or hockey was mainly black.

:smh: :lol:

Bruh Kelce killed that Quan, I'm a fan now.

I love taunting and celebrating in sports because that's how we grew up playing. Aau practice used to be full of **** talking and going at each other. PAL league football was us going at each other 100% and if u on the lower end u will hear all about it and see it. As long as your winning do ya thing. That should fuel the defense to crack his ***, but nah, they just complain and cry. Soft gon soft. Dudes want u to catch a one handed catch over a defender and help him up and shake his hand.

Last edited:
Bruh Kelce killed that Quan, I'm a fan now.

I love taunting and celebrating in sports because that's how we grew up playing. Aau practice used to be full of **** talking and going at each other. PAL league football was us going at each other 100% and if u on the lower end u will hear all about it and see it. As long as your winning do ya thing. That should fuel the defense to crack his ***, but nah, they just complain and cry. Soft gon soft. Dudes want u to catch a one handed catch over a defender and help him up and shake his hand.
no its corny. im a fan of talkish ish, spiking the ball stuff like that. that dancing is soft to me. 

Its all a form of taunting/celebrating. I love it. It should fuel the opposing team. I know me personally, a ***** dab on me, he gonna be dabbing wiping his tears after this lost he about to get. Basketball too, I loved when Wade dunked on a dude then hit the cabbage patch.

Originally Posted by theknowledgeableprofessor  
I don't rock with people like you. Point blank period. That "integrity of the game" rationale immediately tunes me out. Nope, not for me.
Too much ESPN for you

This goes for all sports. Never seen Jordan do it. Never seen any great athletes act like that. They go out there, perform, get the W, move on, and pop bottles after the championship. Jordan didn't celebrate until that final buzzer sounded and it was a wrap. These dudes celebrate any little thing .

I don't mind the dances and the first down celebrations and what not, I'm mad NFL doesn't allow that since the sport is such an emotional sport. I don't like winning a team and just showing no sportsmanship. If cam was about it, he would wait until he won the super bowl. There is nothing wrong with being yourself. BUT THE WHOLE TEAM AS A WHOLE DOES THIS ****. And I hope they lose for being so cocky and disrespectful, and rightfully so.
Cool.

:lol: What do you even say to something like that.
I really wish people would quit bringing up Jordan as if he's some shining beacon of sportsmanship/class/being a teammate. Dude whined to the refs ceaselessly, was one of the most ruthless/vulgar trash talkers and was a jerk of a teammate who punched Steve Kerr in practice. Yes, he reigned it in a bit but overall he didn't really embody a lot of the attributes people give him other than being extremely competitive and a phenomenal player.

Anyways, the "if cam was bout it, he would wait til he won the super bowl" to celebrate is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here. You're talking about something that only a tiny fraction of NFL players ever achieve, even ones that are REALLY good. You're telling me Cam or anyone else would look at an offense with Ted Ginn and Philly Brown as the top two receivers and be like "damn, we're loaded! We're such a lock to win it all that I won't even permit myself to dance or celebrate until we've won a Super Bowl!" :lol: FOH

Not everybody is like Kawhi Leonard or Barry Sanders; some people get hyped when they make great plays. It's called being a human being with an emotional range.

Yea not everyone wants their athletes to be automatons :lol:,I like them to show a little emotion/personality sometimes instead of the default,stoic demeanor a lot of them have been coached to adhere to.

I don't rock with people like you. Point blank period. That "integrity of the game" rationale immediately tunes me out. Nope, not for me.

Too much ESPN for you

This goes for all sports. Never seen Jordan do it. Never seen any great athletes act like that. They go out there, perform, get the W, move on, and pop bottles after the championship. Jordan didn't celebrate until that final buzzer sounded and it was a wrap. These dudes celebrate any little thing .

I don't mind the dances and the first down celebrations and what not, I'm mad NFL doesn't allow that since the sport is such an emotional sport. I don't like winning a team and just showing no sportsmanship. If cam was about it, he would wait until he won the super bowl. There is nothing wrong with being yourself. BUT THE WHOLE TEAM AS A WHOLE DOES THIS ****. And I hope they lose for being so cocky and disrespectful, and rightfully so.

You do know Jordan talked more **** than anyone in the league not named Gary Payton, right?

*edit*

5am6oody72 5am6oody72 beat me to it. :lol:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 5am6oody72  
laugh.gif
What do you even say to something like that.
Absolutely nothing. 
laugh.gif
 After reading all that nonsense from dude, I could tell there's no hope. He's just gonna be set in his ways forever. Had it been a few years ago, I'd go off and get hit with a timeout by Holden or Meth. I just keep it moving these days, man. 

I'm glad you addressed it though. 
laugh.gif

The trainer, however, told a different version of events in a court filing.

She was examining Manning to see why Manning was having pain in one of his feet and was crouched behind him when “entirely unprovoked, Peyton Manning decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright’s head and face.”

As Naughright described it in a deposition entered into the court record: “It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up. … To get leverage, I took my head out to push him up and off.”

Peyton is a gentleman.

Bruh...whoever said MJ didn't celebrate until after winning needs to visit/revisit the YouTube vault. Granted, he wasn't out there breakdancing after every play, Jordan did his share of staring down opposing coaches and bench players, taunting smaller players, screaming at centers he dunked on, and bullying the hell out of rookies who challenged him. Good times...
And still, the biggest trash talker of all time was a whooowhite man: Larry Bird

Bruh...whoever said MJ didn't celebrate until after winning needs to visit/revisit the YouTube vault. Granted, he wasn't out there breakdancing after every play, Jordan did his share of staring down opposing coaches and bench players, taunting smaller players, screaming at centers he dunked on, and bullying the hell out of rookies who challenged him. Good times...
And still, the biggest trash talker of all time was a whooowhite man: Larry Bird
Fierce competitor

Read the ESPN thread from the Blake Griffin/trainer story. Damn near every white person that commented called Blake a thug 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom