Will Smith says he made a parenting mistake on BBC radio

Isn't that more cultural, than fashion? Will Smith kid is doing it for shock value and publicity. Nothing more.

If you don't agree with it, that makes you homophobic?

I think it's all publicity, and it doesn't effect me or my life, but I think it's nonsense, and those pics are funny.
Depends how they define not agreeing with it. I personally would never wear dresses but other people wearing dresses has zero effect on me and I support them. If a man wants to wear female clothing that's his choice, it does not bother me in any way.

If I had a son and he wanted to wear dresses, I would support him. First I would educate him on the public perception and the hatred he would face and attempt to persuade him to not do it for that reason. If my son were to insist however, I would 100% support his choice.

I would define someone homophobic in this case if that person has a strong dislike for men who wear dresses and who see it as a problem. It's fine to say you'd personally not wear dresses etc, I think most of us here share that sentiment.

The line is crossed when people see them as lesser men, problems in society, ... for it.

Last edited:

DA EMASCULINIZATION IS REAL SON 
mean.gif

sick.gif

Didn't dudes in Ancient Egypt basically rock eye-liner and short skirts? 

Someone post the gilliedakid gif
1997_274-24_Gerewol.jpg
1024px-1997_276-18A_Yaake_demonstration.jpg

Here the young Wodaabe men, with elaborate make-up, feathers and other adornments, perform the Yaake: dances and songs to impress marriageable women. The male beauty ideal of the Wodaabe stresses tallness, white eyes and teeth; the men will often roll their eyes and show their teeth to emphasize these characteristics. Wodaabe clans then join for the remainder of the week-long Gerewol: a series of barters over marriage and contests where the young men's beauty and skills are judged by young women. Wodaabe groups in Niger are sexually liberal; unmarried girls may have sex whenever and with whomever they wish.

The Wodaabe practice polygamy. Marriages are either arranged by parents when the couple are infants (called “koogal”), or they can be because of love and attraction (called “teegal”).[citation needed] A bride stays with her husband until she becomes pregnant after which she returns to her mother's home, where she will remain for the next three to four years. She will deliver the baby at her mother's home and then she becomes a boofeydo, which literally means "someone who has committed an error." While she is boofeydo, she is not allowed to have any contact with her husband, and he is not allowed to express any interest in either her or the child. After two to three years, she is permitted to visit her husband, but it is still taboo that she should live with him or bring the child with her; this only becomes permissible when her mother has managed to purchase all the items that are necessary for her home

Depends how they define not agreeing with it. I personally would never wear dresses but other people wearing dresses has zero effect on me and I support them. If a man wants to wear female clothing that's his choice, it does not bother me in any way.
If I had a son and he wanted to wear dresses, I would support him. First I would educate him on the public perception and the hatred he would face and attempt to persuade him to not do it for that reason. If my son were to insist however, I would 100% support his choice.

Sounds reasonable, and I can agree with this.

Jaden is doing it as a way of expressing his views, and maybe just maybe he likes wearing dresses. I'm sure the first women to wear pants did it to make a statement against sexism, then it kinda stuck. 

Homophobic NTers are just afraid if dudes start wearing skirts.....
right, and you know this how? 

Glad at least D dopeness was able to answer the question, he has made it clear that he doesn't wear a dress. Although it appears he has some strange deep desire to wear a dress....for some odd reason. He hasn't jumped off the bridge just yet, so in due time maybe just maybe he'll be okay.

Just waiting on confirmation from @LIONBLOOD if he wears a dress or not.

As for the picture that was posted, it doesn't make me feel anything. It appears to a be tribal picture from a different country, so you have to take that into account.

He said like last year he's really into "high fashion" and dressing like a combination between superheroes and models.

I don't think it's any kind of real substantial statement :lol: ***** just likes certain kinds of clothes.

He'll probably look back in a few years and make the face that I make when I remember 5x tall tees and air brush Forces.

His views? Come'on, he's getting a check, plus this is the same kid that wore a batman suit to a wedding. Everything he does is for publicity.

If he wants to wear a skirt, that's fine with me, but you better have thick skin and be able to take criticism.

Personally I think the women wearing pants thing comes from religion.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I'm sure skirts predate pants by a couple centuries. The Greeks, Egyptians, Romans, hell even the during Holy Roman Empire both men and women wore skirts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I'm sure skirts predate pants by a couple centuries. The Greeks, Egyptians, Romans, hell even the during Holy Roman Empire both men and women wore skirts.
Exactly. Same with homosexuality. There is tons of evidence that suggests homosexuality was common and accepted in the Roman/Greek era.

Graphic depictions in art, literature, ...

The whole homosexuality is wrong and men shouldn't wear dresses are relatively new ideas.

Last edited:

1997_274-24_Gerewol.jpg
1024px-1997_276-18A_Yaake_demonstration.jpg

Here the young Wodaabe men, with elaborate make-up, feathers and other adornments, perform the Yaake: dances and songs to impress marriageable women. The male beauty ideal of the Wodaabe stresses tallness, white eyes and teeth; the men will often roll their eyes and show their teeth to emphasize these characteristics. Wodaabe clans then join for the remainder of the week-long Gerewol: a series of barters over marriage and contests where the young men's beauty and skills are judged by young women. Wodaabe groups in Niger are sexually liberal; unmarried girls may have sex whenever and with whomever they wish.

The Wodaabe practice polygamy. Marriages are either arranged by parents when the couple are infants (called “koogal”), or they can be because of love and attraction (called “teegal”).[citation needed] A bride stays with her husband until she becomes pregnant after which she returns to her mother's home, where she will remain for the next three to four years. She will deliver the baby at her mother's home and then she becomes a boofeydo, which literally means "someone who has committed an error." While she is boofeydo, she is not allowed to have any contact with her husband, and he is not allowed to express any interest in either her or the child. After two to three years, she is permitted to visit her husband, but it is still taboo that she should live with him or bring the child with her; this only becomes permissible when her mother has managed to purchase all the items that are necessary for her home
so they gotta go through all that to get some P in a place where the women are sexually liberal and can smash as they please without being married?

Last edited:
I don't understand how its homophobia to not rock with a guy wearing a dress. Last time I checked he's not a honosexual
Academically, homophobia is the irrational fear of gay people or the perception of gay behavior. Ironically it's all in the accuser's head, and usually an indication of latent homosexuality.

I see straight men in dresses at least five times a day here in New York. Who knows their reason for choosing to wear a dress. However, why should their choice of fashion be an indication of their masculinity? More importantly,  if you're not interested in him sexually, what impact does another man's sexuality or masculinity have on you as an individual? 

Academically, homophobia is the irrational fear of gay people or the perception of gay behavior. Ironically it's all in the accuser's head, and usually an indication of latent homosexuality.

I see straight men in dresses at least five times a day here in New York. Who knows their reason for choosing to wear a dress. However, why should their choice of fashion be an indication of their masculinity? More importantly,  if you're not interested in him sexually, what impact does another man's sexuality or masculinity have on you as an individual? 
Well said.

Exactly. Same with homosexuality. There is tons of evidence that suggests homosexuality was common and accepted in the Roman/Greek era.
Graphic depictions in art, literature, ...
The whole homosexuality is wrong and men shouldn't wear dresses are relatively new ideas.

Asian and Arab cultures too.

It wasn't too much of a highlighted thing back then from my understanding. For the most part people didn't care but I know in Greece being the "bottom" was a bad look. Wasn't as common in Rome as its made out to be.

I think Christianity has a lot to do with the intolerance of homosexual behavior but I could be wrong.

"Will smith says he made a parenting mistake"

Uhhhh you think?
View media item 1901054

I'm not sure if him wearing a dress is for publicity, or if he's honestly trying to bring awareness and break cultural, social, and gender barriers.

But if Ye did it half the people would be STANding up for him calling it admirable.

The funny thing is, people have been STANding up for Jaden for 4 years now, only it's more embarrassing than Kanye cause Jaden is barely legal. Kanye stans are pathetic but Jaden stans are a whole new type of goofy weirdos :lol:

laugh.gif

His parents are multimillionaires, dudes really needs to prostitute himself for money. Bigots will reach for the worst excuses to explain things they don't understand.

This dudes really said Jaden is wearing a dress for money. Yea ok. Will Smith's family is literally set for the next 4 generations. 
i agree hes most definitely not doing it for a check. will is the one who was gay for pay. 

The funny thing is, people have been STANding up for Jaden for 4 years now, only it's more embarrassing than Kanye cause Jaden is barely legal. Kanye stans are pathetic but Jaden stans are a whole new type of goofy weirdos
laugh.gif
See that's the thing, just because someone has an infallible viewpoint doesn't mean they're "standing up" for anyone. They're just making a proclamation that they belong to a more socially evolved society. 

Moreover, you call basic Deweyism "fanatical", goofy and weird. Yet, you think that publicly shaming a successful American family through discouraging derision is normal? **** is barbaric and rudimentary.

Last edited:

Oh here come the conspiracy theories

How to make a bigot the documentary, on netflix coming out in October (pun intended)
conspiracy theories? you of all people should know how they get down in hollywood. Unless that baphomet in your avy is for trolling purposes. 

Last edited:
The funny thing is, people have been STANding up for Jaden for 4 years now, only it's more embarrassing than Kanye cause Jaden is barely legal. Kanye stans are pathetic but Jaden stans are a whole new type of goofy weirdos :lol:

See that's the thing, just because someone has an infallible viewpoint doesn't mean they're "standing up" for anyone. They're just making a proclamation that they belong to a more socially evolved society. 

Moreover, you call basic Deweyism "fanatical", goofy and weird. Yet, you think that publicly shaming a successful American family through discouraging derision is normal? **** is barbaric and rudimentary.

My statement shouldn't stop you from wearing a nightgown with ugly overpriced shoes while listening to crappy music.

Back
Top Bottom