wrongfully terminated...

Originally Posted by Xavier

hmmm ok i got fired from my job yesterday........ i work at this law enforcement agency make a long story short...... i work for a sheriff dept it is protected civilly so they can fired you for any reason. my sgt doesnt like me cause im black (whole town is on some racist tip when it comes to blacks with  a head on their shoulder) had a bad night, got called in the following morning  saying based on my two fto scores im being terminated. mind you the fto officers ratings were rigged. mind u i havent even been to the academy, and i just have been working there for 2 months one of my fto officers told me he wanted to rate me a 6 but my sgt told the fto officer but your a 6 he cant be on your level. after that he told me he changed my score to a 3 i never got higher than a 3 no matter what i did, and they also bought up they heard rumors (hear say) that i said i cant beat everyone up where i work. which is totally not true my first two days working there someone on my shift was talking about me. i found out about this through a homie i know which i know he wasnt lying cause he described everything that happen on my second day at work.  he said they told me i set a bad impression because my duty belt was too big and i was sagging which is far from the truth THEY GAVE ME A WAIST SIZE 38 BELT WHEN my waist is like 33-34 %%%. so ask him who said it, and he wouldn't tell me so i said I WOULD CONFRONT THEM ABOUT IT. not beat everyone up at my shift. based on all this should i even dispute this? probably the most unprofessional place i worked for in my whole life.

cliff notes
-worked for a sheriff dept
- got terminated
- reason being cause of hear say rumors and rigged fto scores
- racist sgt
-most unprofessional workplace
- should i dispute this with a higher up?
Idk what it is but this got me weak... 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

(whole town is on some racist tip when it comes to blacks with  a head on their shoulder)
No offense, but just from reading your original post and all of your replies, you honestly don't come off as intelligent as you chalk yourself up to be.  The situation sucks, but you are an at-will employee.  You can try pulling the race card if you want, but I seriously doubt it's going to get you anywhere.  Take the loss, go find something else to do.  It is tough to get into law enforcement.  I thought I was a shoe in straight out of college, but I was denied from 3 different departments.  %%+% happens.

(whole town is on some racist tip when it comes to blacks with  a head on their shoulder)
No offense, but just from reading your original post and all of your replies, you honestly don't come off as intelligent as you chalk yourself up to be.  The situation sucks, but you are an at-will employee.  You can try pulling the race card if you want, but I seriously doubt it's going to get you anywhere.  Take the loss, go find something else to do.  It is tough to get into law enforcement.  I thought I was a shoe in straight out of college, but I was denied from 3 different departments.  %%+% happens.

trust me I BEEN A wide variety of races (being in the army for 5 years) 

So you can change skin color or something like that?

trust me I BEEN A wide variety of races (being in the army for 5 years) 

So you can change skin color or something like that?

so they give me the option to work in the jail(corrections officer) instead of patrol for like 6 months and they would possibly put me on the road....

i dunno about all that

so they give me the option to work in the jail(corrections officer) instead of patrol for like 6 months and they would possibly put me on the road....

i dunno about all that

Unless you have another job lined up, I'd take the change of scenery and work at the jail. Your new co-workers probably won't be as sketchy, considering it's at the jail. I mean, ya'll the home team in there. Take the job, and if you don't like it, quit/try and line up another job while still getting a paycheck.

Unless you have another job lined up, I'd take the change of scenery and work at the jail. Your new co-workers probably won't be as sketchy, considering it's at the jail. I mean, ya'll the home team in there. Take the job, and if you don't like it, quit/try and line up another job while still getting a paycheck.

Back
Top Bottom