☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Just to clarify, I don't think Melo isn't a great player. His effort on defense is very inconsistent and he's just an average to above average passer. If he can be consistent defensively, run the P&R with Amare successfully, and keep his 3FG% up he can reclaim that #2 SF spot from Durant. I don't know if either ever touches Lebron though.

AMP you see KD ever being to take advantage of his entire skill set?
I noticed that KD was finding himself when OKC ran the 1-3 pick and roll to get him an iso that he struggled at times cause he would get pushed out to 15-20 feet, and found himself taking the jumper a lot more than he needed to. I think that eventually Scott Brooks stopped running it as much cause it did nothing for Westbrook, and he figured out that KD cant post most guys, nor he isn't quick enough to consistently take a guy to the rim in isolation.
To me his best 2 advantages over guy's length, and ball handling are negated by he cant muscle guys into getting good post position, he cant muscle a guy and get a good look when that person can slide his feet to get to KD's spot. And he cant out quick people in isolation.
I noticed a few teams defending him with SG's and conceding the jumper. With me as far as KD I think that's always going to be an issue. He will be up and down with the jumper as far as year to year and I find myself questioning if he will ever get better.

To me... Unless KD fills out, or can legit get by guards his career will rest on his jumper.
Last year it was the same problem as he had at times as a rookie, but for the most part everyone ignored it. People put the blame on Westbrook, and I'm curious as to if long term, if KD isn't that guy they go to if Harden and Westbrook aren't destined to share the blame for the idea and imo fact that KD wont ever be the long term go to scorer.

Sportscenter just had "BARON DAVID RELEASED" on their upcoming topics, but they edited it with the quickness.

My think about KD is sometimes against strong defenders is basically dude does traces a half a circle.  He doesn't really get by his defender just gets maybe a half of step and uses his length to get a shot up over the guy which just really isn't effective imo.  And for all the talk of Melo on D, I don't see great things from KD exactly either.  I just think there is this perception that KD is far ahead of Melo which I don't see at all.  I think KD is better as of now and is only going to get better but I think lack of any body is a serious problem and can be used to throw him off his game.  

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I'd rather have Blake Griffin than Carmelo Anthony. That was his rookie season last year. Watch what he does this year. 26/14 should be a reasonable expectation for him. He's the LeBron of PF's just like Rose is the LeBron of PG's and Dwight is the LeBron of C's. That type of athleticism kills.

and melo had a better rookie season than lebron. so what? 
leme know when blake can create his own shot. he's a human highlight. that's all for now. yall wanna crown him like stern did with that kia garbage. i'm gonna enjoy watching him grow i think he's a very good player. but i mean first i have to stomach karl malone references and noe he's better than melo. it's nonsense at this point

way too premature 

I'm not buying this "Blake is only good for highlights" stuff. He already commands an automatic double team in the post, and when he does get doubled he makes defenses pay because he's already one of the best passing big men in the league. He's already a top 10 rebounder. He's already a beast in pick and rolls and CP3 is only gonna make him deadlier in that area.

I'm expecting his mid range jumper to improve and defensively he's only gonna get better. He's too athletic and smart not to. Like bijald said, I wouldn't be surprised if he averages something like 26/14/4 this year.

blake the lebron of PF?
so what about guys like Shawn Kemp/Antonio Mcdyess(pre-injury)/maybe even Amare before he got hurt...super athletic PF have come and gone...blake is nothing new outside of having to play with watered down centers who don't protect the basket and aren't allowed to throw hard fouls

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Why does everyone think the Wolves pick will be guaranteed top 5???

roll.gif
 I don't know why this is funny to me.

this guy..... the grizz become somewhat decent so every other team is laughable to him.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

AMP you see KD ever being to take advantage of his entire skill set?
I noticed that KD was finding himself when OKC ran the 1-3 pick and roll to get him an iso that he struggled at times cause he would get pushed out to 15-20 feet, and found himself taking the jumper a lot more than he needed to. I think that eventually Scott Brooks stopped running it as much cause it did nothing for Westbrook, and he figured out that KD cant post most guys, nor he isn't quick enough to consistently take a guy to the rim in isolation.
To me his best 2 advantages over guy's length, and ball handling are negated by he cant muscle guys into getting good post position, he cant muscle a guy and get a good look when that person can slide his feet to get to KD's spot. And he cant out quick people in isolation.

I noticed a few teams defending him with SG's and conceding the jumper. With me as far as KD I think that's always going to be an issue. He will be up and down with the jumper as far as year to year and I find myself questioning if he will ever get better.

To me... Unless KD fills out, or can legit get by guards his career will rest on his jumper.
Last year it was the same problem as he had at times as a rookie, but for the most part everyone ignored it.
People put the blame on Westbrook, and I'm curious as to if long term, if KD isn't that guy they go to if Harden and Westbrook aren't destined to share the blame for the idea and imo fact that KD wont ever be the long term go to scorer.
I agree with the bolded.
I know this is the unpopular opinion, but Cake and I talked about this on Twitter.....KD is who he is. What you see now is what you will see for years to come. The guy isn't going to put on weight, its just not his genes.. He's going to always get out muscled which is OK. He's going to be a great shooter and I think he will improve some more on getting to his open spots. Defensively, does he have the intensity to just lock someone up? No. Leadership... Does he have that alpha dog style leadership where guys like Westbrook will listen to him? No. Will he ever have it? Probably not. That's about it. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Its not like that's a bad thing though. He will still be considered a top 5-6 player for the time being and may reach the top 3 when Kobe and Wade continue to age. The guy averaged 28, 7 and 3 last season, down from the 30 points he averaged the year before. As a matter of fact, his points MAY deep just a little bit more this year with that new foul rule going into affect. Do you guys really see him improving that much more statistically? He's already shooting 46-47%. Do you think he's capable of having a 50/40/90 season? Very likely. 

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
this guy..... the grizz become somewhat decent so every other team is laughable to him.
[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]I wasn't even laughing because of that. I actually think the Twolves will be alot better than people expect and rooting for them because I like Rubio. I was laughing because everyone thinks they will be a top 5 lotto team. I never saw it that way til you pointed it out  Calm down turbo. [/color]

I actually think that is his destiny. Just keep maxing out as a shooter cause I don't see him ever muscling guys either. I still think he is going to grab himself MVP, a ring or two but I think there are ways in which his body limits his game, all though at the same time being able to be 7 ft and shoot like he does is the reason he is as good as he is in the first place.

Once all these star players settle in either by the deadline or next off-season, who's going to be the next star to demand a trade? Is there a possibility Kobe asks to be traded if the Lakers have a repeat or something similar to last season happen again? If not, who's next on the list after Dwight and Deron?

laugh.gif
 @ Blake not giving a damn about who was traded in the deal.

An aging Melo at 270lbs scares me to death.

His best basketball is happening right now. Don't see any improvements coming. Might still take him over Blake for this year, but beyond that...tough to do so provided Blake is healthy.

I personally think KD puts Westbrook in his place at some-point this year, in a big spot (If I had to pick a team having a major blowup this year, it's them, but that's another topic).. His game might not get much better but I do think his mentality will.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
 @ Blake not giving a damn about who was traded in the deal.
roll.gif
seriously.... while Deandre (who previously wanted to sign w/ GSW) is trying to be all serious
laugh.gif

I think he'll cut the weight though, look slimmer already to me.  Paul Pierce is a guy who has always looked chubby and has managed to age gracefully so I don't see why Melo couldn't do the same.

Really interested to see how the Clippers are this season. They are very lacking at the SG spot and have no frontcourt depth whatsoever but obviously a CP3 and Blake combo is gonna be deadly.

"It's gonna be lob city"  translation = I'm not gonna work on my game
Anyone think Perks weight loss my hurt his defense a little he should be able to guard the pick & better but inside idk
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

An aging Melo at 270lbs scares me to death.

His best basketball is happening right now. Don't see any improvements coming. Might still take him over Blake for this year, but beyond that...tough to do so provided Blake is healthy.

I personally think KD puts Westbrook in his place at some-point this year, in a big spot (If I had to pick a team having a major blowup this year, it's them, but that's another topic).. His game might not get much better but I do think his mentality will.
Where do you get your info from? Melo is 230 lbs
alien.gif

And the second Amare joined the Knicks, his stock declined with the quickness
eyes.gif
Blake Griffin off ONE season, is currently better than Amar'e? Word? How long has Amare been an All-Star? Since 2003-04? Just like Blake, he was also the Rookie of the Year..And people said "Amare is gonna lose lots of his athleticism with that knee of his"..Uhhh, didn't Blake miss his entire rookie season due to injury? 
laugh.gif
The only reason Amare wasn't jammin' it on dudes like he was in Phoenix was because he didn't have a PG that was all that great at throwing alleys..He still had his share of dunks though so don't get it twisted. People said Amare was gonna be trash without Steve Nash carrying him on his back, and his PPG went up 2 points, while the rest of his stats stayed basically the same.

And Melo isn't top 10? Before he came to the Knicks, people were saying he scores the easiest out of any player in the league..Once he came to the Knicks, nobody did anything but point out his flaws..LeBron is definitely better, but Durant and Melo are extremely close. Westbrook is a better PG than anybody that has ever played with Carmelo, whether on the Nuggets or Knicks...Better 3 point shooter-Durant..Better Mid-Range shooter-Melo..More clutch-Melo..Better low post game-Melo..Better defender-Durant..Better rebounder-Melo. All this talk that Melo doesn't pass can also be applied to Durant because he actually averages slightly less assists than Melo. Plus, you guys act like Durant is a lock down defender when he really is far from it.

I ask this every season and still can't find one.  Anybody know where I find an online website to buy the practice jerseys the players wear.  The black Suns practice jerseys are so 
pimp.gif
  I'll appreciate it if anybody knows a site or seller.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I think he'll cut the weight though, look slimmer already to me.  Paul Pierce is a guy who has always looked chubby and has managed to age gracefully so I don't see why Melo couldn't do the same.
I wouldn't expect Melo to even drop weight, but his stamina needs to improve if he wants to commit to playing better defense.
There is no sense in him dropping to 220 and losing the ability to post up.6
What happens if Westbrook has an official jumper this season, and they both take their possessions down to have Harden do more. It isnt that far outside the rhelm of posabilities for Westbrook to score more efficient than last year Its looking like they will commit to Harden doing a fair amount of ball handling, and initiation of the offense.
If I had to bet on the blow up, or Westbrook and Durant ceding possessions to Harden it would be the later.  I'm expecting KD do be down to 24 a game, and Russell being down to 2 20 a game. And Harden around 18.
To me if there was a legit struggle for power, ceding to Harden is more worth while than just shooting more.

I'm sorry, Chris Paul is not worth all those players. That team now has 3 starting point guards, 3. I swear the NBA is soooooo messed up. I don't think any player in the league is worth all that, pathetic

Back
Top Bottom