⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re saying this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the fact that Mbappe is Paris born and raised and all of France treat him as a King?

When you get to the point of needing $300m just for your signing bonus to stay, it doesn’t really seem like sentimentality is of concern. That usually comes with a discount if anything. Or at worst going for market price.

Since you’re curious about what I think, I think he received a lot of money obviously, but also political pressure from France and Qatar, and family pressure by his handlers who have their own financial interests.

When you get to the point of needing $300m just for your signing bonus to stay, it doesn’t really seem like sentimentality is of concern. That usually comes with a discount if anything. Or at worst going for market price.

Didn’t say the Money wasn’t a part of it tho. There are several reasons IMO.

If you were to ask Mbappe right now and he’s dead broke living on the street - “Would you rather win the CL with PSG or RM?”

He’s absolutely saying PSG…

Like who?

I want to hear hear this English prop :lol:
From the Prem at least Mahrez,Sterling, maybe Mane, Son etc

Outside of the Prem Gnabry, maybe Dembele, Antony etc

They can def get a quality RW this summer still especially with the Mbappe money being unspent.

Y’all can hold this “W”. The best young player stays in a garbage league due to corrupt oil money. The same money giving us a mid-season winter World Cup, the money that was used to buy their way onto UEFA, and that will be used for your daughter’s Dubai trip to get dookied on.

Congrats to the Madrid haters. Y’all can rejoice. We’re one of two clubs playing next week, then we rebuild.
Nah, you don't sound bitter. Nope, not at all.

Dude, that's how you respond to a young man deciding he wants to play football for one club, as opposed to another?

Last edited:

Not sure if offering him obscene money and coach-GM privileges is a clear-cut win for them :lol: but fair play on not losing face. Losing him the year they host the WC would've been a massive PR and on-field L

Mane wouldn't be good or big enough??

Zizou wanted him when he was in charge :lol:

Not enough for that fan base.

Also I was looking forward to Diggler posting 10 “WORLD CLASS” English wingers.

It would have been a good laugh. :lol:

Thanks for ruining it. :smh:

We all know I’m a RM fan at this point, but I want to reiterate that I’ve also been one of the more outspoken here against how difficult it is for 99% of football clubs that depend on their sporting projects and making sound business decisions to compete with this. State-funded clubs that can operate at massive losses and investigate themselves. I think that’s the part of this saga that annoys me most.

I wish like Coupé It Coupé It said that he stayed for sentimental reasons, or because he believed in PSG’s sporting project over ours. I can accept that. But it bugs me that corrupt goons sitting on a natural resource can buy out the game on a club and international level for sportswashing.

We all know I’m a RM fan at this point, but I want to reiterate that I’ve also been one of the more outspoken here against how difficult it is for 99% of football clubs that depend on their sporting projects and making sound business decisions to compete with this. State-funded clubs that can operate at massive losses and investigate themselves. I think that’s the part of this saga that annoys me most.

I wish like Coupé It Coupé It said that he stayed for sentimental reasons, or because he believed in PSG’s sporting project over ours. I can accept that. But it bugs me that corrupt goons sitting on a natural resource can buy out the game on a club and international level for sportswashing.

I really have no idea why you’re limited this to only one thing…

It could be both things - The money and staying home.

Like I said do not be surprised to read one day that Mbappe used RM as leverage. No one knows what goes on in the Mbappe camp.

Especially the Spanish reporters you guys get most of your stuff from.

I just don't see it or want it, plus he's another LW, you don't displace Vinicius for Mane.
The strength of those Liverpool forwards is that all of them can interchange and swap flanks when needed though.

He only switched to the left to accommodate Salah, he was on the right when he started there and where he made his name in Austria and at Soton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom