12/99-12/2004 who’s still here from the first 5 years?

Guys want me to break out some old eastbays, JB mailouts, footaction calenders, kicks mags, slam Jordan SE issues just @ me and I'll post some more. Got about 13 boxes of mags and mailouts that go way TF back...
Ran across my receipts for
air-jordan-1-bred-2001-rd.jpg
air-jordan-1-white-silver-midnight-navy-2001-rd.jpg
air-jordan-1-royal-2001-rd.jpg
48234_01.jpg.jpeg

$80.00 retail.... grabbed all 4 for like 350 after tax (+4 retro cards, and Keychains... can't even get a new release nymore. Hard enough just getting 1s now, and they're double the price 🤣 with the same tech SMH.

Shout out to all the old heads like me that used to IMMEDIATELY put the receipt in the bottom of the box, under the paper when they got home from the store. I'd bet 99% of mine up through about 2018 still have the receipts in the boxes.

Shout out to all the old heads like me that used to IMMEDIATELY put the receipt in the bottom of the box, under the paper when they got home from the store. I'd bet 99% of mine up through about 2018 still have the receipts in the boxes.

A lot of mine are so faded now can't even read them... the old Nike receipts from Nike are still live... they were like invoices. So they held up.

Never post much, but had another account back from 2001. Was 19 years old back then, i came across this board looking for the "cool grey xi" mike was wearing with the Wizards and those blue XVII 20 years later, still don´t post much, but do lurk every week at least once. And 20 years later, looking again at the cool greys XI to be released this holiday.
Time flies.

My original username was PennyFan23(?). I don’t even remember how I came across niketalk back in 1999, or 2000. I had dial up internet on a “new” Packard Bell, and it took FOREVER to load any content. I had to go to the public library to really even get any useful information, and it would usually flag the security system for “inappropriate content”. I was the only sneaker head (that term still makes me cringe) that I knew. I spent my time here, kicksology.net, Sole Collector forums/Magazine, and fourms.kickz101 (random Australian website).

I skipped out after high school, developed some negative hobbies, but have been clean for over 10 years, and found my way back here in the 2010’s.

Kinda funny looking at all of these triple OG account and their thread post count. Got guys who joined last year pushing 20k 🤣🤣🤣
Screenshot_20210624-221112_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210621-033143_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210621-033127_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210624-223031_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210624-224011_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210624-222350_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210624-222450_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210624-222526_Chrome.jpg

🤣🤣🤣EVEN the quadruple OG:
Screenshot_20210624-223703_Chrome.jpg

Most u of us didn't look for likes, just posted relevant info... social media changed all of that...🤷‍♂️ thinking
Screenshot_20210624-235728_Chrome.jpg

would have had more post ls than this...

Most u of us wern't 't looking for likes, just posted relevant info... social media changed all of that...
🤷‍♂️
🤦‍♂️

02 had my first account that was quickly banned after I got sensitive when I got flamed, but I’ve had this account since 2004. Back then, this was a “weird” place, but now people converse all over the Internet. NT was a group of extended friends for me, and I’m forever grateful I stumbled upon it.

NT in many ways informed and shaped my view on Jordans. It often pains me to see the takes “modern” sneaker heads have on that period. I was only 16 at the time, but the NT OGs showed me the light.

classic NT Jordan takes that made me the shoe lover I am:
- Nike Air > Jumpman on 3-6
- Dub Zeroes are trash
- Military IVs are grail worthy
- 6Rings are trash
- Olympic 7’s match Vick jerseys perfedectly
- The toe shape is ever right
- 2003-2008 quality was absolute trash

No NT denim?.? @slamed (?) @henzo
:stoneface:
I'm sure I'm missing some more like @hatatakashi (the one who flamed any and everyone). Why'd we stop doing local summits so often???

Last edited:
I could never remember exactly when I came across NT now that I think about it. I definitely know I was looking to find the 2000 spacejams online in December that year when I was a freshman in my dorm. I was going to ask my dad to get them for me (lost cause), and I went looking for them one night, I think I ran across Nikepark and NT, but the memory seems to mesh together for me. I think I kept looking at the NP site, but didn't necessarily make the connection to NT. I was definitely on ISS in 01 and 02, and I think that led me to lurk NT off and on now that I think about it. Then in 05, I said I might as well join lol. I should have joined way sooner.

I figure this is the best place to ask about old members. What happened to LoveTheXIV? He was an old school dude on here that seemed to have every aj14 og and early retro ever. This was like 04ish.

i remember the WDYWT thread used to have TONS of dudes rocking originals all Willy nilly. I remember being floored that I found such a community back then!
Idk if Lovethexiv is still on NT or not. Somehow me and him got connected on fb many years ago, I’m guessing one of us sold to the other, we both wore the same size and both loved 14s lol. He does post on FB and is usually in a Jersey and Jordan’s.

He always had me beat when it came to XIVs but I do remember in around 2005-2006 range I had every original 14 colorway and every retro, mids only.

my earliest days came from looking for pics of original 14s and flightposite 1s back in high school. Somehow stumbled across Nike park and eventually NT. Good memories :nthat:

Before even that, I remember every single day visiting the Nike basketball website to see if they updated anything :lol:. This was in my earliest internet memories, for me in around 1998, I was like 13-14

Last edited:
Lebron 1st games zoom generations was probably the first time I felt like I had something “limited” lol. I lined up at Niketown Seattle, met some other NT members. Tbh to this day, I don’t think I’ve ever met or talked about NT to someone in real life since then (2003)

Lebron 2 “birthdays” someone posted the early link for the nike basketball site like the night before release and I ordered 2 pairs lol

Joined in 07. Lurked in 06. This place changed my perspective on shoes. Growing up I did wear Jordans and loved them. My parents and friends thought I had an obsession and something was wrong with me. But I discovered I wasn't crazy. And now it's "cool" to have a collection. My how times have changed.

Lurker in early 2000 from sufu. Boys over there used to make fun of NTers. Funny how that is now, sufu is kinda dead lol

Back
Top Bottom