12/99-12/2004 who’s still here from the first 5 years?

Man, let's see I been a lurker since 2000. Maybe someone can correct me, I may be getting the sites mixed up ,but before it was niketalk was it nikepark?! But I can honestly say I visited this site every day since 2000 faithfully....

Lurked for a while before registering my original account on 2/22/02.

1650820931531.png

do any of you guys remember how you found niketalk?
I was trying to figure out how to get the Olympic 7s in 2004. Ended up googling it and finding the thread. The WDYWT threads from that time period remain unmatched.

Just had a random thought. Do yall remember when we were going from ezboard to yuku. A lot of people on here were treating it like we were going from the year 1999-2000. We thought we were going to lose all our posts and threads :lol:

Last edited:
I was trying to figure out how to get the Olympic 7s in 2004. Ended up googling it and finding the thread. The WDYWT threads from that time period remain unmatched.
The NY dudes had it on lock. Henzo, kingcrop, flightman4life, that dude Kerry. They used to post philly trips for total sports and Mitchell and ness. They were the originators of the NT summits.

I was lurking since 2008 and just never felt it necessary to make an account cuz I used to be heavy on ISS as Gottab3thesh0ez LOL. When those forums started to die out, I made the account here in 2013. I always liked this site cuz of all the help with purchasing kicks on release day with those random link posts like with the European sites and what not. A lot of the members who post consistently are cool too.

I’m surprised this site is even that old. I was 19 in 1999 and the internet was way off my radar. It wasn’t until I got into bittorrent for music in like 2006 that I even realized internet message boards were a thing. I thought it was just a bunch of perverts in yahoo chat rooms or something.

I’m surprised this site is even that old. I was 19 in 1999 and the internet was way off my radar. It wasn’t until I got into bittorrent for music in like 2006 that I even realized internet message boards were a thing. I thought it was just a bunch of perverts in yahoo chat rooms or something.

Sounds like you were way behind that curve my man and this blows my mind…The internet was the biggest thing in the world for a teenager in 1999…AOL Instant Messenger? Napster? I mean bittorent wouldn’t even have existed without Napster…You honestly weren’t up on any of that?

Sounds like you were way behind that curve my man and this blows my mind…The internet was the biggest thing in the world for a teenager in 1999…AOL Instant Messenger? Napster? I mean bittorent wouldn’t even have existed without Napster…You honestly weren’t up on any of that?
Nope, not in 1999. I didn’t own a computer until 2002. I was just starting college though and had (obviously) grown up and gone through my teen years in a non-internet world, so I was focused more on activities outside of my dorm room, computers and the internet just seemed like something I might need to do my homework but not actually fun or useful. Its crazy how much things have changed since then.

Once it became mobile it was a wrap. Back in 00-07 don’t nobody got all day to be sitting on a desktop. Unless you working.

Been here almost since the beginning. Had an account from 01. Can’t remember what happened with it. Made a new account in 03.

Back
Top Bottom