15yrs ago an 11yr old from the southside of Chicago found his way national news headlines

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

not to jack your thread...

but yummy and frank reynolds' struggles are the same.

smh.

the kids yummy terrorized had the exact same acess to education...

more often than we like to think, yummy's story isn't entirely unique....

This is the reason that I posted the story, coupled with the fact that it was the 15th yr anniversary, this happens all the time but most americans wouldrather not know these types of complex issues exist or lead to these types of behaviors, thus they don't have to deal with it. If they hold firm to thefact that kids like these are statistical outliers so to speak than they can just move on about their regularly planned life program without having to conjureup answers to why kids like this are running rampant throughout society or be judged for maintaining the "thats their problem not mine" point ofview.

So why did the two brothers take Lil Yummy out? Just to get rid of the headache or what?

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

So why did the two brothers take Lil Yummy out? Just to get rid of the headache or what?

Headache and the chance he went to the cops and started talking.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Yup... the BD's put in the order, viscious cycle.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

tired.gif
It's crazy, self genocide. We can't blame always blame white folks, aint that right folks?

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

tired.gif
It's crazy, self genocide. We can't blame white folks, we only got ourself to blame aint that right folks?

We don't really know no better... That's the lie we tell to justify all these flying shells

~G.o.D Jewels~ "Heathens"

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I just told him yesterday that he was that man for real for that song G.

As a father, it kills me to know that this is only one out of the typical cycle that our youngs fall into.
It's a wakeup call to see the circumstances behind the paths the these kids choose...excellent post.

What a very sad story. This kid had no chance at all...
tired.gif

You know stories like this exist every where. However, when you actually take the time to read in detail what happens/happened, and why, it really sinks in.Reading this story did something to me..If I can save just one kid from going down this path, it will be worth it. I need to start giving back.

Thanks for posting this story.

i had a dream about this thread last night...

i was trying to get my mom and her friends to read or something but she was reading everything else on NT...lol

Originally Posted by ksneaks010

thats too much to read sounds sad or just a damn!

This is joke right? Please Tell Me That You Are Joking.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

i had a dream about this thread last night...

i was trying to get my mom and her friends to read or something but she was reading everything else on NT...lol

You couldn't have said this at a better time G
smh.gif

The post above you... Mogs read every article they come across about Meagan Foxx or Kim Kardashian or the latest BMW but some %++$ that actually affects oursociety and all of a sudden the length of the article becomes an issue.

I feel like Furious in BoyzNTheHood thinking about that, and its not a race thing either. My gripe is about the need for constant immediate gratification onevery possible level every single second that's exhibited these days.

tired.gif
It's crazy, self genocide. We can't blame always blame white folks, aint that right folks?

grin.gif
, yummy grew up without any hope...

why?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say systematic oppression is why yummy, his generation, and many generations before him have no hope.

what was yummy gonna do? go to his failing school and get screamed at by stressed out teachers who are burned out?

was he gonna join the glee club or some sort of after school activity?

yummy "fell through the cracks"

what crack is that refering to?

a system? no?

who was responsible for setting up the system in which he was trapped?

his uncle?

please.

smh.

This is the reason that I posted the story, coupled with the fact that it was the 15th yr anniversary, this happens all the time but most americans would rather not know these types of complex issues exist or lead to these types of behaviors, thus they don't have to deal with it. If they hold firm to the fact that kids like these are statistical outliers so to speak than they can just move on about their regularly planned life program without having to conjure up answers to why kids like this are running rampant throughout society or be judged for maintaining the "thats their problem not mine" point of view.

yeah, i was actually calling for you in another thread, where dude, frankreynolds, tried to claim kids like yummy didn't exist, and any violence people inthe hood are subjected to, they bring upon themselves....

like yummy's victim, i'm sure she initated the violence that took her life....
eyes.gif

and it's funny, none of these clueless suburbanites will ever read this post...

THIS IS REALITY OUTSIDE OF THE SUBURBS...THE REASON YOU KIDS DON'T GO TO BAD PARTS OF TOWN...

/rant

I've never heard of this story, I was only 6 when it happened. That's really sad, good post OP

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Chill enphan. I'm from the burbs
laugh.gif

but you obviously have an idea of what reality outside of the burbs are...

i.e. you've stepped outside once in a while...

tired.gif

grin.gif
, yummy grew up without any hope...

why?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say systematic oppression is why yummy, his generation, and many generations before him have no hope.

what was yummy gonna do? go to his failing school and get screamed at by stressed out teachers who are burned out?

was he gonna join the glee club or some sort of after school activity?

yummy "fell through the cracks"

what crack is that refering to?

a system? no?

who was responsible for setting up the system in which he was trapped?

his uncle?

please.

smh.

This is the reason that I posted the story, coupled with the fact that it was the 15th yr anniversary, this happens all the time but most americans would rather not know these types of complex issues exist or lead to these types of behaviors, thus they don't have to deal with it. If they hold firm to the fact that kids like these are statistical outliers so to speak than they can just move on about their regularly planned life program without having to conjure up answers to why kids like this are running rampant throughout society or be judged for maintaining the "thats their problem not mine" point of view.

yeah, i was actually calling for you in another thread, where dude, frankreynolds, tried to claim kids like yummy didn't exist, and any violence people in the hood are subjected to, they bring upon themselves....

like yummy's victim, i'm sure she initated the violence that took her life....
eyes.gif

and it's funny, none of these clueless suburbanites will ever read this post...

THIS IS REALITY OUTSIDE OF THE SUBURBS...THE REASON YOU KIDS DON'T GO TO BAD PARTS OF TOWN...

/rant

What thread was this? Its amazing the blind eye society elects to envoke sometimes
smh.gif

wow, a good read, but a very sad story. I'm sure most of us like myself, have never had to deal with any of this. I come from a dual-parent house in thesuburbs and grew up in a great environment, and Im sure many of you did too. But to have the opportunities we had, we take for granted.

What thread was this? Its amazing the blind eye society elects to envoke sometimes
smh.gif
i never seen a person so clueless in my life...i can't remember what thread it was...it was just last week...he had the nerve to say theybring it on themselves...

Back
Top Bottom